The best and worst part of the 25th anniversary figures

Starscream49

Hands down the best thing is the price point. I love the fact that they are basically $5.

The worst thing would be the availability if it wasnt for their hands. I really dont like the hands. The trigger finger seems like it may snap off and the hands seem too small to hold the weapons.

Hands down the best thing is the price point. I love the fact that they are basically $5.

The worst thing would be the availability if it wasnt for their hands. I really dont like the hands. The trigger finger seems like it may snap off and the hands seem too small to hold the weapons.

Gotta agree on the price... That's the way Toys should be priced :)

However, There is NO WAY the trigger fingers are going to break on their own. The plastic it far too soft and durable... They seem fragile because they are small and thin.. However, Soft plastic does not break. The Original Joes were the one's with the problems.. .The stiff plastics are just not good.

The new joes are FAR from fragile. Try it out... you can not break the fingers.. I have tried it with SS, Zartan, and Firefly.. I have bent them EVERY way possible and it's all just fine.

Here in Toms River, NJ the scalpers WORK the overnight shift at Walmart and Target. MY chances of seeing stuff is slim to none. That's worst part of this line. Finding them.

Its possibly more collectors then scalpers Plus who knows how many of these are hitting the stores

As I said on another thread in all 3 waves my store has gotten only one box per wave and the box they come in are very small

I agree with you on the best part. $4.88 is amazing in this day and age.

The worst part? Empty pegs and a sore throat from cussing so much after the 8th Wal-Mart you've been to has jack squat.

It must be nice to find these at Wal-mart......cause I have yet to even see the pegs for these things at the Wal-Marts by me......plus these things are found like once in a blue moon.....so I can't afford to pass them up when I find them at Target......which is 6 bucks and some change....I'm hoping Wally-World will get these soon.

But to answer the topic.......I love everything about these figures....IMO the only thing bad is that we don't have more of them!!! (Plus the fact they are kinda hard to find)

The only negative is Lady Jaye....I had high expectations for this figure and its probably the worst one IMO.

Two things im not a fan of but can deal with are the chest hinge and the stand.

The chest hinge can be nice but on some figures it looks weird. The peg is the other issue. The peg is tight so the foot doesn't go all the way down, and if it does go down, the GIJoe/Cobra symbol is raised so its unbalanced. heheh.

Like I said, no biggie to me but still.

Two things im not a fan of but can deal with are the chest hinge and the stand.

The chest hinge can be nice but on some figures it looks weird. The peg is the other issue. The peg is tight so the foot doesn't go all the way down, and if it does go down, the GIJoe/Cobra symbol is raised so its unbalanced. heheh.

Like I said, no biggie to me but still.

Yeah, good call on the stands.......the raised logos do make it hard for them to stand the way you want them too.

Also, the sound box that comes with the legions set shouldn't have any "GI Joe" in it........it should all be Cobra goodness..... @firedevil@

Best part, hands down, is that they're based on the original designs.

Worst parts: too many reused weapons/parts (specifically, the Cobra troops - ENOUGH with the Dragunov! It's a sniper rifle for Pete's sake!); hands not really being able to hold the weapons properly; the stands/foot holes not really working well together.

worst part of the 25th figures! BARONESS! god she sucks, what a piece of crap that figure is!

Actually I'll be one of the few to disagree here. Sure, the figure isn't perfect, I'd change the hands and make the glasses smaller, but other than that, really looking at the past history of female action figures I really like this Baroness alot.

Even the mighty Toy Biz never really got the female figure down 100%.

The best part, Hasbro has finally gone back to the original looks of most of the characters.

I agree finding them is the worst thing.

I agree with those who say the price point is one of the best features. It's nice to be able to get 4 figures for $20. I also like the designs, level of detail, and uniqueness of molds (the ones that are unique).

The worst part for me is re-using of molds that don't fit. Stalker from a Snake Eyes mold is one thing, but gloveless Flint, short-sleeved Storm Shadows (2nd and 3rd versions), and a sweater-wearing Firefly is an entirely different story.

I realize it's probably not this simple, but why does the entire mold (other than the head) have to be re-used? Why can't we get new arms and a new head, or a new torso and a new head? They seem so committed to this line, but these things come off as skimping to me, cutting corners when they needn't be cut.

As much as I love most of these, one thing that constantly sucks is no variety in Lady jaye figures. Every figure of her is basically that same boring, dark green jumpsuit & black hat. I would freakin' kill for a cartoon version of lady jaye. Light green shirt, dark green pants, side belt with canteen, shoulder strap with javelins, no hat - messy cartoon hairstyle.