Supposed running changes

Also I do not believe the reasonings for rushing out the first 3 waves of singles so quickly (especially given their horrid distribution right now). Logically, they would have seen how things played out with the two 5-packs (since there would be reviews of them within nanoseconds of a purchase) then tweaked the rest in response.

Whether Hasbro is telling the truth and ther was no time to change it, or they're lying through their teeth and just don't want to, the end result is that we won't be getting these first 3 waves with any corrections... so that's a battle already lost. Waves 1-3 are what they are. And according to the latest Q&A, Wave 4 will be straight rereleases with no changes, so what we have seen in 2007 is what we will get.

I don't believe it would have hurt anything if they had waited on the singles to "make corrections" before putting them out. Especially with waves 2 and 3 that they HAD TO KNOW by then that fans were dissatisfied with the articulation. The best example I put into my original post.

I don't think you have an adequate understanding of how the toy business works, and exactly how long and involved the process is to produce a figure. Holding off Wave 2 a month or so would not have been enough time to modify molds. What you believe, in this case, doesn't really jibe with the realities of coordinating an International production process. It's simple enough to get things right before the tooling and casting. But once the ball is rolling, even a small change can cost a lot of money, and waste a lot of time.

True, but your also forgetting the following waves were also intended to be non-O-Ring. A lot of the other new 2002 figures, like Scarlett, Beach Head and Zartan, for example, were originally slated for non-O-Ring but they delayed release to retool them.

Yeah, and if you remember, the first wave was released around Christmas, and then we got a repaint wave which was line-threateningly over-ordered by accident, a repaint line that sat on shelves for months, and in total, almost 6 months between the 1st wave and the 2nd wave. After the grade-A Clusterfudge of that situation, I actually *agree* with Hasbro's decision not to hold up production to make even a minor adjustment.

6 months! And that's being nice. Most areas didnt see Wave 2 till September!

Imagine the row Hasbro would've been witness to had they announced Wave 2 of the single packs wouldn't be out till March '08, and that the 25th Anniversary had been limited to two boxed sets.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the hope that we will, eventually, see ALL the figures done "correctly". And why not? If we just say, "well, maybe the will, maybe they won't", wouldn't that tell Hasbro, "Meh, we don't have to."

We all *want* to see better figures. There's just realistic, and "Crazy Fanboy Gimme Gimme" syndrome. Hasbro's heard that we want better leg movement, and they will always push the top characters over and over. By default, we'll be getting what we've asked for. We're just not going to get all 30 figures released this year completely reissued with better articulation.

That's the stuff of dreams by way of rusty pipes. Never happening.

Also I do not believe the reasonings for rushing out the first 3 waves of singles so quickly (especially given their horrid distribution right now). Logically, they would have seen how things played out with the two 5-packs (since there would be reviews of them within nanoseconds of a purchase) then tweaked the rest in response.

Whether Hasbro is telling the truth and ther was no time to change it, or they're lying through their teeth and just don't want to, the end result is that we won't be getting these first 3 waves with any corrections... so that's a battle already lost. Waves 1-3 are what they are. And according to the latest Q&A, Wave 4 will be straight rereleases with no changes, so what we have seen in 2007 is what we will get.

Now, see that doesn't make any sense (no offense). Most people already HAVE the figures from wave 4. Why, really, would they want to buy them again if they are exactly the same? New paint apps?

We all *want* to see better figures. There's just realistic, and "Crazy Fanboy Gimme Gimme" syndrome. Hasbro's heard that we want better leg movement, and they will always push the top characters over and over. By default, we'll be getting what we've asked for. We're just not going to get all 30 figures released this year completely reissued with better articulation.

That's the stuff of dreams by way of rusty pipes. Never happening.

Sure, but does that automatically preclude fans that "want everything" from prodding Hasbro about it? I understand it's not likely and I understand there IS a dfference between constructive criticism and being a fan-boy jackass. But if we stop reminding them that we would like to see improvment, isn't that telling Hasbro that we are "satisified" whether we are or not?

There is also one other thing to consider. Do we know if they intend to make the "improvements" to the legs with future waves? That is, will waves 5+ actually have good waist/torso pieces for all the molds?

If the answer is no, then, yeah, we probably SHOULD just give up. Why bother?

If the answer is yes, then what about mold reuses? If they intend to reuse Duke's mold, for example, why NOT correct the mold?

Now, see that doesn't make any sense (no offense). Most people already HAVE the figures from wave 4. Why, really, would they want to buy them again if they are exactly the same? New paint apps?

There's your entire arguement right there. So the fans demanded, and Hasbro responded, and now fans won't be happy with Hasbro listening to them.

What you fail to consider when you say we should keep complaining is that Hasbro will do what they want, and only change things when they can, no matter how much fans #$#@# and moan. So yeah, fans telling them "Rerelease the 5-packs as single cards" would probably also say "And increse the articulation while you're at it", Hasbro has no intentions of retrofitting these early molds, so they only 'heard' the first part of the fans' demand.

And so is the way it will go. We will complain, Hasbro will 'hear' us, and then they'll do what's best for them. On the issue of increased articulation, they have already heard us, and acknowledged us. Now it's a wait-and-see game. When the 2008 stuff is released, and the articulation is better, we can rejoice. If it isn't, however, *thats* the time to ring Hasbro's bell again, and demand again.

Sure, but does that automatically preclude fans that "want everything" from prodding Hasbro about it?

Of course there'll always be impatient and pestery types who can't let a subject die. It's just my hope that by people reading this thread, and seeing that Waves 2, 3, and 4 *will not* be fixed, that we won't get a thread every week asking if anyone's found the "corrected" figures from these waves.

I understand it's not likely and I understand there IS a dfference between constructive criticism and being a fan-boy jackass. But if we stop reminding them that we would like to see improvment, isn't that telling Hasbro that we are "satisified" whether we are or not?

No, it's pestering, plain and simple. By continually, and non-stoppily airing your grievances, you're not giving Hasbro the benefit of the doubt. If there's anything worse than Hasbro saying "hey they don't care anymore, let's sneak it by and hope no one notices", it'd be "Screw the ungrateful bastards! Let's boldfaced lie and tell them we're fixing things, then do nothing. That show those little sh*ts".

There is also one other thing to consider. Do we know if they intend to make the "improvements" to the legs with future waves? That is, will waves 5+ actually have good waist/torso pieces for all the molds? If the answer is no, then, yeah, we probably SHOULD just give up. Why bother? If the answer is yes, then what about mold reuses? If they intend to reuse Duke's mold, for example, why NOT correct the mold?

According to the reports from San Diego, and again at JoeCon, *YES*, hasbro is aware that the leg articulation is insufficient. I believe I said that in my first reply. They didn't intend for vehicles to be a part of this line when they designed the 5-packs and such, so they let the articulation slide a bit down there. Now that the line is going to continue in '08, and vehicles are coming into play, Hasbro knows the figures will need to fit, and is adjusting new molds to accomodate.

And the answer to your other questions is what I've been saying this entire time. We have to wait and see, and no amount of B&Ming between now and then is going to change the outcome, because Hasbro is already says they're going to change it. Only after they fail to fix things can we yell "Shananigans!"

They have already started fixin the new waves! I got wave 3 and I compared my Firefly (wave 3) and Beach head (wave 2) which are the same bodies just repaints and now not only can I notice the different at first look but Firefly can now sit! And my red ninja is also fixed too!

that's good to know! i'll just leave that beachead carded and open the corrected one, whenever it comes out. the w3vfirfefly rocks!

as for rereleasing the boxset figures for wave 4.... I will be buying them even if they don't make any changes. I want to have all the figures MOC... single carded... with the cool art and retro packaging.

and you have to also consider that not all fans bought the boxsets... maybe they didn't want to buy all 5 figures... maybe they will not be able to pick a few figures they wanted.

They have already started fixin the new waves! I got wave 3 and I compared my Firefly (wave 3) and Beach head (wave 2) which are the same bodies just repaints and now not only can I notice the different at first look but Firefly can now sit! And my red ninja is also fixed too!

You must have a super special Firefly or they did a running change. My Firefly has the exact same 'sitting' flaws as Beach Head. No difference between the two I own.

You must have a super special Firefly or they did a running change. My Firefly has the exact same 'sitting' flaws as Beach Head. No difference between the two I own.

It is a running change. And Firefly is, so far, the *only* figure in Wave 3 that has been modified.

And my red ninja is also fixed too!

The Storm Shadow mold actually doesn't have a problem sitting, so there was nothing to fix there. He, Destro, and Roadblock all have (more or less) normal leg articulation.

Well in this last Q&A, Hasbro said the the release of the 5-pack fig's on single cards(wave 4), will be straight repacks, with no articulation fix. And wave 5(wave 1 2008), will start having the articulation fix and be a running change from then on out. Now does the "running change" mean they'll go back and fix the first wave of figure's? We'll have to wait and see.

Now does the "running change" mean they'll go back and fix the first wave of figure's? We'll have to wait and see.

Not really. Hasbro's pretty much telling us they are not doing "running changes" on specific figures, they're working on a "running change" to the line as a whole, meaning it won't be an immediate 100% change, but will go into effect ASAP (as soon as possible being Wave 5).

So Waves 1-4 will not see any major changes.