2008 Marvel Movies

pastwatch2001

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The only other comic book based movie is supposed to be Hellboy 2. Not sure when AVP 2 is hiting. The JLA is a good ahead. Not sure on Captain America, Namor, and Wonder Woman. Expect a lot of direct to video animated stuff from DC (New Frontier) and Marvel (Avengers Reborn).

AVP 2 is suppose to open on christmas day.

oh, man... thats fewer comic movies then usual, isn't it? or, at least, Marvel movies....

this year, we got Ghost Rider, Spider-man 3, and FF2.

the year before, we got X-men 3... wow. I think thats it... huh.

welp. I guess next year won't be too bad, then.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like a small break for Marvel movies in 2008!

Oh wait, what about Hulk 2?

• 2 weeks later...

This is most likely not a complete list of

comic/superhero/graphic novel and/or related

for 2008 and obviously not just Marvel.

***Theatrical Release***

March 28 - Superhero

May 2 - Iron Man

June 13 - The Incredible Hulk

June 27 - Wanted

July 2 - Hancock

July 11 - Hellboy II: The Golden Army

July 18 - The Dark Knight

Sept 12 - Punisher: War Zone

Nov 26 - Bolt

***DVD Release***

Feb 5 - Legion of Super Heroes: Volume 2

Feb 12 - Batman Double Feature

Feb 12 - Blade: The Series

Feb 26 - 30 Days of Night

Feb 26 - Justice League: The New Frontier

im not starting rumors or anything but i heard there was a deadpool movie planned. can someone confirm that?

From what I can recall, Deadpool was rumored to be making an appearance in the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" movie with Ryan Reynolds playing the part. Marvel seems to be going at this from two opposing methods, with X-Men/DareDevil they are introducing Characters and spining them off; with others such as Ironman/Hulk, they are bringing together for a later movie with all.

One would think they were preping him since he was playable in X-Men Legends 2, along with Ironman who now has his own movie. He also is/was playable in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

there should be a new austin powers movie coming out this year. does anyone know when magneto and wolverine are coming out?

Keep in mind that everything not in the can is subject to change due to the writers strike.

January 2009 - Will Eisner's The Spirit

March 2009 - Watchmen

May 2009 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine

August 2009 - G.I. Joe

From what I can recall, Deadpool was rumored to be making an appearance in the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" movie with Ryan Reynolds playing the part.

I don't know if that's true, but that's a pretty good casting choice. Ryan Reynolds is a big dude, and he usually plays a smart-ass.

I could not find the exact reference where I read that, but this reference indicates almost the same thing...while not confirming it though.

"Meanwhile, CHUD also reports that Deadpool may be appearing in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The film received a re-write immediately before the WGA strike began, so details on the script remain uncertain, but we do know that the film covers Wolverine's early life, including his involvement with the Weapon X program, headed by William Stryker.

If this remains the case, it makes sense for Sabretooth and Deadpool, both of whom were involved in the project in the comics, to appear. David Goyer has long been rumored to be working on a Deadpool movie, possibly with Ryan Reynolds set to play the "Merc with a mouth", so having the character make an appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine would be a good way to set that film up."

link and more info: http://www.superheroflix.com/news/38/24938.php

• 3 weeks later...