My Toys R US won't carry MLs anymore!

MST3KFan

I went to my local Toys R Us today in my usual search for new Marvel Legends figures given that I'm reading all over the boards of the F4 and SM3 sets along with the Wal-Mart two packs have been showing up all over the states in stores now. (Though where I live seems to get things last)

Anyway, I lucked out on Wave 2 of the 25th anniversay G.I.Joe figures but as I was buying them I mentioned how I was looking for Marvel Legends figures. One lady worker nearby spoke up saying they don't carry them anymore cause they weren't selling.

I was taken back by that, but also recalled how they had the Mojo series and the god awful first Hasbro ML wave sitting on their shelves forever. Still, I feel to judge the whole line based off that was a bit annoying, but I should have thought of it given how after the Hasbro Wave 1, they never got any Wave 2 while my local Targets and Wal-marts did.

It just annoys me cause Toys R Us has been feeling less and less like a toy store lately. I also worry whether or not the stores around here will get the F4 wave given the shelf clogging of SM3 movie toys and other stuff that hasn't been moving. Given the whole idea of various 'Legends' waves all coming out at once, too...

Anyone seen any extra Dr. Dooms, Namors, or Mole Mans in the areas findind the F4 figures while I'm talking?

That sucks. TRU had a lot of the modok series and that seemed to finish selling. Yeah it always seems that the bad waves end up being overstocked, causing the next good wave to be understocked, making it incredibly frustrating to find anything. Of course this could also mean they were stocked the same amount, and the bad waves just undersold making it appear to be well stocked. Also the dumb Wolverine variant didn't help any, and there were just an insane amt of diamond emmas on the shelves. I'm glad it made it easy to obtain one, but geez, there were more emmas than regular MLs.

I seem to be living in an ML void. Targets are the closest stores to me, and all they have is like a Hercules from HML1. TRUs and Walmarts are 20 minute drives away, and I'm not willing to spend that much gas - in fact the amt of gas it would take for me to drive there and back would probably cover shipping costs.

So I should buy everything online then. I just haven't yet 'cause I haven't figured out the package situation at the apartment complex I've recently moved into. I think USPS packages arrive ok, but UPS packages tend to require someone being there. I guess the only thing that's stopping me is feeling a little ridiculous having giant ToysRUs boxes or HasbroToyShop boxes sitting outside my door, haha, but oh well!

You never see these things on clearance either.......the 2 wal-marts by me are still clogged with wave 1....at least you could catch Toy Biz ML's on sale now and again to make room for new waves. You would think they would do the same with that awful 1st wave.

my toysurs that I work at in Florida, we still have series 1. we never got a return to vendor order on them. The big problem with Hasbro compared to Toybiz when it comes to stores is that toybiz lines all had seperate sku's for the waves. right now in our system, there is only the standard Marvel Legends sku like they do with Star Wars toys. so if wave one isn't RTV'd or sold, the store will not get more in stock. it really sucks, my store never got the 2nd wave. we did clearence down the Diamond Emma Frost though.

the best way is to complain to the manager. Speak to him everyday how you would buy the new waves. If the old ones goes on sale you would buy them "on the lot"

do this everyday until the manager had had it with you. There are two scenarios give in to your demand or throw you out of the door.

Wouldn't surpirse me if it is true anyway. The majority of times they sell ML like 2-3 weeks after wal-mar and target get them and they are usually more money there

yep, our ML's are 10.99 where as most places are 9.99. not as bad as KB's though, which are like 12.99 or 11.99, something like that.

I was just at Toys R Us this evening and I saw very FEW ML figures there, especially compared to the overstock they had before. The few that were there were clearance priced to $5.98 and Exclusive Diamond Emma was marked down to $6.98. From just that, it would seem that they are phasing them out, but who knows.

Toys r us, has always sucked, even back in the days when they carried ML series 6. They never had the toys on time, and when they did get it in, it would be like 6 months after I had already got the MLs from wal-mart. So far Wal-Mart has been the best toy store, which is crazy cuz you would think toys r us would have the latest toys right when they are released.

So far Wal-Mart has been the best toy store, which is crazy cuz you would think toys r us would have the latest toys right when they are released.

I was thinking about the irony of the situation as I was reading. A store that goes by the name 'Toys R Us' whould be the place to get all your toy needs but these days Walmart or Target are the places to go now.

Toys r us, has always sucked, even back in the days when they carried ML series 6. They never had the toys on time, and when they did get it in, it would be like 6 months after I had already got the MLs from wal-mart. So far Wal-Mart has been the best toy store, which is crazy cuz you would think toys r us would have the latest toys right when they are released.

That's pretty much the story in Mid-Michigan as well---though my closest TRU just got its first 2 cases of wave 2 about a week ago---in my area KB was first (too expensive 11.99--but at least the employees are nice)--Target 2nd (DONT ASK US FOR ANYTHING EVIL AF COLLECTOR!!!)--Wal-mart (SUCKS GALACTUS TUSH) about a month ago--TRU was last to get them. And of all the stores it suffers worst from stockboy cherry-picking!!!...I'm lucky to find anything there--variants?--FORGET IT!....Anything short-packed NEVER makes it to the shelf. The only way to get stuff there is when Christmas push happens and they roll stock out at night before they close, if you dont mind pallet shopping.

Speaking of Wal-Mart toy departments--the one closest to me is run by a not-nice-LADY who hates anyone who buys or collects toys BECAUSE SHE IS SOOO LAZY SHE DOESNT WANT TO STOCK SHELVES---she is seriously evil--she makes Dr. Doom look like Hannah Montana !!!!.....Anybody else have this problem???... I also notice that in the past (when you could FIND ML's, SM Classic, etc....) an unusual amount of collectible figures would appear on the pegs in PRE-DAMAGED, mis-handled form, which I suspect was occasionally done on purpose to keep those figures on pegs LONGER and discourage mib collectors.....

I went to my local Toys R Us today in my usual search for new Marvel Legends figures given that I'm reading all over the boards of the F4 and SM3 sets along with the Wal-Mart two packs have been showing up all over the states in stores now. (Though where I live seems to get things last)

Anyway, I lucked out on Wave 2 of the 25th anniversay G.I.Joe figures but as I was buying them I mentioned how I was looking for Marvel Legends figures. One lady worker nearby spoke up saying they don't carry them anymore cause they weren't selling.

I was taken back by that, but also recalled how they had the Mojo series and the god awful first Hasbro ML wave sitting on their shelves forever. Still, I feel to judge the whole line based off that was a bit annoying, but I should have thought of it given how after the Hasbro Wave 1, they never got any Wave 2 while my local Targets and Wal-marts did.

It just annoys me cause Toys R Us has been feeling less and less like a toy store lately. I also worry whether or not the stores around here will get the F4 wave given the shelf clogging of SM3 movie toys and other stuff that hasn't been moving. Given the whole idea of various 'Legends' waves all coming out at once, too...

Anyone seen any extra Dr. Dooms, Namors, or Mole Mans in the areas findind the F4 figures while I'm talking?

I know what you mean. I'm in long island and all they have are Ema frost exclusive and 25th anniversery wolvie. Im looking everywhere for the new legends and star wars series

I know exactly what everyone is talking about. My Wal*Marts have no idea what I am talking about when I ask about the new SM3s or F4s. And apparently Hasbro has found a new way to ship only 1 figure at a time because I stumbled across a Symbiote Spidey hidden among the WebWorld sets, and I got the 'We don't have them' response when I asked where the pegs for the series was.