Marvel Unveils New Captain America

Scott

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for trying out a new costume for Cap...but this kind of sucks.

The design is (for lack of a better word ) weird.

First off...whats with all the shine? is it some kind of flexible metal?...maybe a cool idea, but for now I think it looks kind of contradictory.

Second, the v shape down his front...it points right to an area of anatomy..well, you get it. Even if I could overlook that, the shape makes is look like some kind of material just hanging from his chest. Somebody mentioned it looks like it gives cap an extra joint. I agree.

I generally find Ross's work a little bit boring, but he knows how to paint, and draw, and generally he knows how to design. I think he just missed the mark here is all.

#US1# I like Cap and all but the new outfit is alittle weak to me. He has all that stuff around his waist and it doesn't even look like he has pants on with no belt. His suit looks like a giant ones zee. What's all that stuff hooked to? His outfit doesn't look like fightin' clothes to me. The gun and knife wtf, he doesn't need that crap. Captain America is a living weapon. The Sheild is the only weapon he needs. It's just like when they gave the Hulk that stupid sword in WWH, he don't need no sword. uuuhhh!

DO OVER on Caps new suit.

Why does noone remember what Ca said to winter soldier when he freed him from Communist control... He said; "Remember who you are, who you are!" So for all we know, he could be a clone of Steve, programmed to think that he's Bucky via memory implants. The Skull is evil, and his plans take years (comic book time)

What happened to Skull's body when Winter Soldier killed him? Did it wither away like Steve's and who has the corpse? Eddie Bru is awesome and finally has more people talking about Cap than they are Batman...who's a big time Movie Star!!! (Soldiers have better villains than crazy people!)

I'm open to the new costume and I understand that he is a soldier but the pistol just looks stupid to me. I mean..... whats the point for him to carry it? It just looks stupid to me........its okay but I'm getting a little sick of Alex Ross too.......I mean he's cool and all but his stuff is just getting old to me. Perfect example is the old Spidey movie costume art......its pretty much the same thing just Cap. Ehhhh.....bring back Cap.....plus Ultimate Cap's outfit is 10 times better than this thing.

I kinda like it, the knife and gun are surprising for Cap to have though.

As for who it is, they could take a step back and put Hawkeye in the suit (again). After all, Cap is who Clint sees himself as (according to Doc Strange's spell in New Avengers).

I like the new suit , It looks awesome. I agree that the gun needs too go! None of the marvel heroes carry weapons and that needs to continue.

He has a gun because it's Winter Soldier! He's probably going to work out of Philadelphia and use all sorts of unregistered guns like a real American should!

the gun seems out of place for cap, especially if he's supposed to represent american ideals...just a shield would be much better (fits more with the "defender of freedom" sorta theme).

as for the canteen...it fits with the soldier look but i just can't see cap taking a drink in the middle of a fight...i think more utility packs on his belt would be more useful (dunno what he would have in them though). i don't mind the knife.

the costume...i'm guessing ross was going for a look resembling the shape of cap's old triangular-ish shield? i would have preferred something less styled...maybe more like ultimate cap's version.

Therè`s something i don`t completely dig about his costume in terms of color. The sketches look cool,really updated and nice design, but once it`s colored.... Let`s see how this costume turns out within time. Like vaderss said, i thinks the chest design tries to resemble the old triangular shield.

As a life long CapFan, I have to say…..

….I don't know. I'll have to reserve judgment 'till I see the product.

I was talking about this with my son last night. I'm still MAJOR pissed that they killed off Steve Rogers. And I still think it has a lot to do with the political affiliations of the people that run things at Marvel (but that's a whole 'nother post).

Brubaker is an awesome writer & I will continue to pick up the series.

Here's the link to the whole story:

Cap Lives

About the gun:

"A gun?! Indeed! "In talking to Alex, I immediately hit it off with him," says Brubaker. "We were referencing the same eras of Captain America and I immediately saw that his initial design was referencing the '40s movie serial costume design."

And it was already stated in a previous news release about the Return storyline that the Cap from the past would not be staying in the present.

Personally I would like to see Clint become the new Captain America, but it will most likely be Bucky.

So here's an Idea – It took 10 years of the Green Lantern fans screaming for the return of Hal Jordon to get him back. Maybe if we get organized and start now we can get Steve back by 2017.

Or another idea – Start a new series of WWII stories with Steve in the lead…..

first of i hate the costume, second i think ross is over rated.

Captain is the symbol off america right? Then why change him from red, white and blue to mostly black. i can almost understand the gun but don't like it. a change is needed we need to kow at a glance this is not steve if you know what i mean. worst of all are the gay boots which i have always hated. combat boots are the way to go. they should stay with same old top but give him some blue cargo pants bloused with some combat boots, this would give military look but also comic hero look

Actually his name is the Punisher, and I think he carries a few guns. As well as Nick Fury, Deadpool, Cable, and Bishop to name a few

I like the new suit , It looks awesome. I agree that the gun needs too go! None of the marvel heroes carry weapons and that needs to continue.

Actually his name is the Punisher, and I think he carries a few guns. As well as Nick Fury, Deadpool, Cable, and Bishop to name a few

I made a few changes to the costume, based on Ross art. If Winter Soldier is going to be the new cap,then it makes sense to mix his outfit with Cap`s.

White long sleeves

cap1.jpg

larger glove added

cap2.jpg

Ultimate look, grey added

cap3.jpg

Red Boots added (i like this one the best)

cap4.jpg

If steve rogers returns as THE cap, I`d love him to see with his classic uniform, but with red combat boots and gloves, and this " V " torso design, i like that much, and it would look updated.

...I don't know, my intial reaction was that it was quite good, but then we all fear change, am I right?! :P

I definately think its a good idea to change the costume if its a different Guy holding the shield, and if it was Bucky it would make sense that it would be a sort of amalgam of his and cap's old costume hence more of the black.

The gun and the knife, again maybe a sign of Bucky's method of doing things, but I'm not sure it works for 'Captain America' and I like the added belt with the pouches.

hm i like the new suit.it makes cap look modern.as for the gun and the utility belt i think they are t make cap look from the war of '40(the gun is a colt 1911 mostly used in the 1 world war and the second)but i dont like knowing that cap isnt steve rogers.it seems strange.i would like him t be clint barton(as a hawkeye fan).but what would the avengers do in avengers/invaders?wouldnt the bring cap from the 40's??