The HIGHLIGHT of the 25th G.I.JOE ZARTAN!!

Tarman13

Has anyone seen the NEW 25th Zartan??? here's the TOPIC

http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=11981

Now that most of the G.I.JOE's collector's box sets and single cards are all the NEW JOES and there original Glory, but ZARTAN has a new LOOK which looks really bad, why can't they make the MASTER OF DIGUISE like the ORGINAL with the color changing skin the termal chest plates and knee bads and the swamp skier... but why did HASBRO made this version.... The Comic three pack was the GREATEST remake....I miss the good ol' days when i treasure the toy that changed my life in figure collecting.

Now that most of the G.I.JOE's collector's box sets and single cards are all the NEW JOES and there original Glory, but ZARTAN has a new LOOK which looks really bad, why can't they make the MASTER OF DIGUISE like the ORGINAL with the color changing skin the termal chest plates and knee bads and the swamp skier... but why did HASBRO made this version.... The Comic three pack was the GREATEST remake....I miss the good ol' days when i treasure the toy that changed my life in figure collecting.

l think nostagia has gotten to you @smilepunch@ since this Zartan seems to be the best so far. Regardless, I recall someone on Tni saying how they are goin to release the v1 version of Zartan and Serpentor. I am certain this is probably the case since the 25th anni cards has Zartan and Serpentor in both outfits; like another person said, why would Hasbro waste their money on modifyin an image of Zartan it it was only used for the card set.

Besides, Serpentor has a mysterious hole on his back, which I assume will be used for the v1 version; the hood on the old Serpentor connects to the hole on his back. Hasbro can simply make a v1 Zartan by making a new lower torso and arms.

I love this Zartan. I wish they would make more characters in updated styles. The old 80's costumes are great, but how cool would it be to get some newer interpritations of classic characters like Serps and Z. I'd love a DD Shipwreck, DD Spirit, and many more in the 25th.

One of the more well known designers at Hasbro decided that Zartan and Serpentor looked far too dated with their original designs, so they were updated.

It would not surprise me if later down the road we see more true-to-the-original versions some time in late 2008.

This Zartan is great in my opinion, beautiful update , the more i look at him closely, there is not 1 design flaw on him, in my opinion his most defining attribute is his facial markings, and hasbro did them perfect! They are perfectly semmetrical. Well done Hasbro ! For those who have the 25th Zartan, anyone know how the color changing works...i got him last night and his face has been a slight green since i got him...i tried warm water to get his true color back, it worked a little, then i put him in the freezer and he turned REALLY green, i think it might the the cold and less light that make him green, since my house is very dark to begin with maybe thats why he hasnt changed back to normal. Anyway if anyone can help me out it would be well appreciated. Thanks.

yeah, I don't like the new costumes either. Zartan's is okay, but Serpentor's sucks!

this "well-known designeer" should stop changing things before Hasbro kills something that is working just fine.....like they always do - (Toybiz Marvel Legends)

No thanks! The old design honestly sucks ass and does not hold up well like the rest of the characters outfits have. This outfit is sooooo much better and fitting of the bad ass Zartan is!

Draven

Better than the original??? No WAY. The classic Zartan is just that - CLASSIC. This line is supposed to be "dated". I want to see him the way he was in the cartoon. I don't care if it's ridiculous - it's just plain cool.

I don't want them to start redesigning figures too much. These two (the other being Serpentor) won't bother me if all the talk is true and we get normal versions, but let's face it - Hasbro's been trying to "update" and "redesign" these characters for years and NOTHING compares to the originals!

(PS: of course I do think they should try updating some of the crazier stuff that came later in the line, but a good rule of thumb is if that's the way it was in the cartoon, leave it be! It's classic for a reason!!!)

Okay, what's wrong with the new figure? Personally, I prefer the design to the original.

The lower torso is perfect, nothing needs to be changed, the kept the best look of him, his cool boots! However it's his upper torso that needs some serious change! First off the undershirt, it needs to go. This isn't the Zartan with the skin affliction from the crappy DD comic, this is the Zartan from his prime. Second, I don't mind the chest area, it retains pretty much the feel of the original. However his arms suck!! He needs to be buff, he needs his delt armor plates, the look is classic, it went so well with both his bro and sis as well!!He also needs to get rid of his new sissy arm bracelets and get his classic black gloves back!!

Just make those additions and he'd be a perfect update. And for those thinking this is better, your nuts!! I bet if they make the changes you'll be on the new one faster than a fattie on a piece of pie!! @hmmm@

Oh and get rid of the pupil, I want mine without any like the original!!

Im not saying i like this better than the original, his classic look is what made him in my opinion...but i really do like this version. I agree on the pupils, once i get a few more of him im going to white his eyes out...maybe paint them green

The lower torso is perfect, nothing needs to be changed, the kept the best look of him, his cool boots! However it's his upper torso that needs some serious change! First off the undershirt, it needs to go. This isn't the Zartan with the skin affliction from the crappy DD comic, this is the Zartan from his prime. Second, I don't mind the chest area, it retains pretty much the feel of the original. However his arms suck!! He needs to be buff, he needs his delt armor plates, the look is classic, it went so well with both his bro and sis as well!!He also needs to get rid of his new sissy arm bracelets and get his classic black gloves back!!

Just make those additions and he'd be a perfect update. And for those thinking this is better, your nuts!! I bet if they make the changes you'll be on the new one faster than a fattie on a piece of pie!! @hmmm@

Oh and get rid of the pupil, I want mine without any like the original!!

@lol@ not going to happen on me, I think the lack of goofy arm armor, and covered up midriff are HUGE plus's and Zartan is one of my top five Cobra characters ever! This is how I always envisioned him. I also like the wrist chains. Nothing wrong with em, I am all rock and roll and I wear them on my wrists.

Draven

Not going to happen on me, I think the lack of goofy arm armor, and covered up midriff are HUGE plus's and Zartan is one of my top five Cobra characters ever! This is how I always envisioned him. I also like the wrist chains. Nothing wrong with em, I am all rock and roll and I wear them on my wrists.

Draven

Uhh unless he's dressing up from his Cold Slither days or from his mohawk 90's look, those goofy sissy chains can go!!

@loll@

Not going to happen on me, I think the lack of goofy arm armor, and covered up midriff are HUGE plus's and Zartan is one of my top five Cobra characters ever! This is how I always envisioned him. I also like the wrist chains. Nothing wrong with em, I am all rock and roll and I wear them on my wrists.

Draven

Uhh unless he's dressing up from his Cold Slither days or from his mohawk 90's look, those goofy sissy chains can go!!

@loll@

No, that would be all the crap that the sissy bands wear now a days. Zartan rocks the chains old school heavy metal style! Like me. Rock on Zartan!! @loll@

Draven

l think nostagia has gotten to you @smilepunch@ since this Zartan seems to be the best so far. Regardless, I recall someone on Tni saying how they are goin to release the v1 version of Zartan and Serpentor. I am certain this is probably the case since the 25th anni cards has Zartan and Serpentor in both outfits; like another person said, why would Hasbro waste their money on modifyin an image of Zartan it it was only used for the card set.

What modifications do the card artwork have? How are they different from the original art work?

Pics for comparison would be nice too.