Collectors Alliance

kingmoredred

i dont really have any other collectors in my area that i know about and im sure there are allot more people in this boat with me. what i was thinking was we could start some sort of group that looks out for certain figs. for each other you know you scratch my back i scratch yours type deal ethier they could be trade to each other are bought at retail price plus shipping im not saying go out of your way are anything just if you see it and remeber a certain person wanting it pick it up for them and shot them a pm. those that are intrested just reply saying so this whould not only help people out it would allso be a good way of getting to know guys and gals you would not have ever even spoken to

Ah, alright. I live in South Houston, myself. My route takes me from Pasadena to Sugarland and everywhere in between daily, so if you lived around here I could've kept you updated if I found anything. Doubt I go anywhere near you, though. Everywhere I go is south and west of Houston.

I give you my blessing, but would have nothing to do with a group like that. Most collectors disgust me. Look at Ren's recent thread (that somehow's still not locked) to see why. :)

There are people I have befriended (George, Ryan, Darren [and his brother if he ever comes back to Joes], Don, Gregg, Gary, Chazz) that if they asked me to pick something up for them, I would. As it stands right now, I talk to George on a regular basis, and keeping each other updated.

If I don't know someone, they better not expect anything from me.

-Kevin

what ever floats your boat just an idea i dont dislike anyone here because i really only know a couple people i dont think just because there are disagreements and bicering that anyone flat out dislikes someone me and my wife argue but i love her

ya i live north of beamont i heard from this lady starting a toy fair type thing once a month that there were some guys in beaumont but i havent ever meet them

HEY I'm your friend...now go pick me up wave 3.....please. with sugar on top @loll@

WE do something like this locally a big group of us post at a local forum where we see stuff or hide it for eachother or just pick it up for each other.. we're actually gonna try to meet up more regularly like a couple times a month and swap stuff like SW and Joes...

One good suggestion would to put your main "wants" in your signature.. that way, if you post enough, people will see it, and when they see it in the store, if they're nice enough might get it for ya...

It wouldn't hurt... maybe do figure for figure, say you pick up an extra set of wave 3 and Billy Bob has an extra Cobra pack, just trade with each other, cover shipping on your end and it evens out..

I give you my blessing, but would have nothing to do with a group like that. Most collectors disgust me. Look at Ren's recent thread (that somehow's still not locked) to see why. :)

There are people I have befriended (George, Ryan, Darren [and his brother if he ever comes back to Joes], Don, Gregg, Gary, Chazz) that if they asked me to pick something up for them, I would. As it stands right now, I talk to George on a regular basis, and keeping each other updated.

If I don't know someone, they better not expect anything from me.

-Kevin

@loll@ That's cooooold blooded, man! @loll@

But you know, not to start nothing up again but I gotta agree with Kevin right here. It's a doggy dog world out there and if I don't know you from Adam or Sam.. then you probably won't get anything from me neither. I think if you want something bad enough you'll do what you gotta do to get it. If my azz is up at 2am at Wal Mart while your azz is still snug in the bed without a care in the world, I'm gonna be a lil' reluctant to hand you over my figs.

Now they are people here i've meet in person like Kevin and a few I haven't met like Clam that i'll look out for them because they are my friends..and I look out for them not only because I know they'd look out for me...but hell, they're my boyz and that's what boyz do ...but I don't wanna feel obligated to buy a bunch of strangers Joes when they've got the same means that I do....check your freakin' stores daily, buy online...or even ebay. Yes, I said EBAY! @lol@ I've never sold anything on ebay but I thank God for that place! @lol@ Most won't admit it, but I bet atleast once in your life you've secretly thanked that scalper for being the sneaky,low down, dirty rat that he is in his city for snatching whatever it is up so you could get your hands on it yourself @lol@ I can tell you one thing, i've never bought anything off of ebay if they stayed in the same city I do.... because if they had it and they could find it, then so could I.

This is just my opinion on it...hate me if you want....kingmoredred, I feel you brotha on what you are trying to do..and I wish you and you alliance the best of luck! @wink@

thanx it was just a thought not really to go out and look for someone just if theres extra out there then pick them up i go out atleast once a week looking. i enjoy the hunt and try not to buy new things from ebay but with all the griping about scalpers and ebay it seemed like a good ideal

thanx it was just a thought not really to go out and look for someone just if theres extra out there then pick them up i go out atleast once a week looking. i enjoy the hunt and try not to buy new things from ebay but with all the griping about scalpers and ebay it seemed like a good ideal

In a perfcet world it would be an awesome idea bro! But they will always be scalpers...as long as they're message boards were people go ape #$@# over something new they will always exist @lol@ I think they key is not aying something outrageously ridiculous for something so atleast there's a lil' "price control". I wouldn't pay $80 for wave 3 even if it never came to houston...but I think $45 is pretty reasonable if your town doesn't seem to be getting them or not enough is being shipped to you. I won't buy from online stores unless it says "item in stock" underneath it...because sometimes pre-ording stuff could be almost as bad as waiting for it to show up in stores.

i went ahead and got wave 2 from ebay but it was around 40 which whould be about the same as a online store but it wasent pre order and whouldent you know a week later i see them in stores im going back next tuesday if anyone needs any of wave 2 and there still there just let me know

i went ahead and got wave 2 from ebay but it was around 40 which whould be about the same as a online store but it wasent pre order and whouldent you know a week later i see them in stores im going back next tuesday if anyone needs any of wave 2 and there still there just let me know

I need all of wave 2 but Buzzer, he's the only one I've seen...you're LJ keeps on tempting me, lol... oh, and I fixed the spelling on the thread title ;)