STOP, buying from E-Bay!!!!!!!

jinx723

For the love of god STOP!!! buying 25th Anniversary Joes from these $@!*%+& scalpers. Waves 2 & 3 are showing up at Targets & Walmarts and the majority of us can't get them because scalpers are grabbing them up. The real problem is with us, we want these so bad that we'll do what ever it takes to get our hands on these. I too fear that if I don't get them now I'll never will (but I can't even find them), but I have faith in Hasbro. They said they'd re-release the first three waves, and when they did we would notice. Good things comes to those who wait. As long as "we" keep buying from the Scalpers, they'll keep hogging them up cause they see the demand. I can't wait until the day I can buy Joes like I did back in the 80s. Sooner or later these jerks are gonna be sitting on a bunch of Joes they can't get rid of because we'd be buying them at retailers for ourselves, the way it should be. The only good thing about scalpers is they're helping the sales which is good for Hasbro $$$ and for us in terms of new molds.

Sorry guys & gals, I had to get this out of my system. I've just been so frustrated @firedevil@ with these hunts and coming up empty handed. And I know I'm not alone.

I've also read in other threads through-out the G.I. Joe forums about getting phone numbers of fellow collectors in your area to help each other out when we do see Joe merchandise. Honestly, I think it's an awesome idea, but why does it have to get to this point for us true fans to get what we want? I say put all these scalpers on Cobra Island and lock'em away in the frieghter, same way Cobra Commander dealt with traitors, ok I'm done now.

I've made it a policy over the years to not buy new MOC/and or recent general release figures on Ebay. Why support inflated prices? The ONLY 2 exceptions are if it's a regional/con exclusive not available in my are. and the second is if it's a variant so hard to find I have a better chane of getting struck by lightning.

i agree with the number thing there should be a thread where people sign up to help each other it does not really need to be in the same area just if ya know some one needs something pick it up and they can send cash tru paypal i found something for a guy in cali and i live in texas and hes just going to trade some stuff for it if we made up a allience of collectors that were willing to pick stuff up for each other all over the country then we could find every thing pretty easy

You know I have some sympathy but as a collector of many lines.....(GI Joe is my main line though)....this is nothing new.....I've gone through this with MOTU/Marvel Legends/Sportspicks/Minimates/DC Superheroes/ pretty much everyline except GI Joe in the past and this is nothing IMO.......its an evil that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

We as Joe collector's just aren't used to these people paying attention to the line we all collect......for years I was wondering when it was going to catch up with us as Joe collectors and it has.......to a point. It is no where near as bad as it has been with other lines.

I'm pretty sure that these things will be flooding the stores by January......maybe even December....just be patient.....or order them online.

I sympathize, ive been hunting for wave 2 for months now and nothing...and when wave 3 started hitting before wave 2 i was hunting even more and still nothing, its very disappointing, especially when theres a character in a series youve loved since you were a kid and hes close...but still not close enough. thats why i just order them online, prices are a litle high but when you want something really bad and its a sure thing that you WILL get them, online starts to look really good. I still lov the hunt tho..its hoping i will get lucky.

scalpers are nothing more then criminals in my view, tax evading criminals.

Gang,

I do buy stuff off Ebay, but mostly stuff I cant get from the major retailers. But yesterday my wife got sick of me goinig to Wal-mart everyday and calling Target every morning so, she bought me a set off ebay. She paid about $50 for a set. She said my endless searching was driving her crazy and to maintain her sanity she had to do something. In her defense I may have spent that much extra in time and gas and dunno how much longer before I find a set I dont like scalpers, I hated that she spent her money, But, all I have to say is my wife loves me and she doesn't mind her 36 year old husband collecting Toys.

When I went to Wal-mart Monday with the UPC codes to ask the Toy department manager about when they expect them. ( Wal-mart employees can use a hand held and tell you if they have them on hand or on the way.) She said "Whats it worth to you??" My response was "puzzled??" As I investegated the fact from other toy collectors. Our local Wal-Mart Toy department manager takes kickbacks from customers to make sure they get what they want. I went home and called Wal-marts home office. They are going to investagate the matter.. Apparently this is not new to the person I spoke to on the phone. They have had serveal complaints over similar incidents in the past year.

i have never resorted to buying new items that are currently at retail.

with Patience, you will find what you seek.

plus the fact those fat comic/scalper a-holes have to run into the store, means they will

die of a heart attack much sooner... i call it toy-darwinsm.

Gang,

I do buy stuff off Ebay, but mostly stuff I cant get from the major retailers. But yesterday my wife got sick of me goinig to Wal-mart everyday and calling Target every morning so, she bought me a set off ebay. She paid about $50 for a set. She said my endless searching was driving her crazy and to maintain her sanity she had to do something. In her defense I may have spent that much extra in time and gas and dunno how much longer before I find a set I dont like scalpers, I hated that she spent her money, But, all I have to say is my wife loves me and she doesn't mind her 36 year old husband collecting Toys.

When I went to Wal-mart Monday with the UPC codes to ask the Toy department manager about when they expect them. ( Wal-mart employees can use a hand held and tell you if they have them on hand or on the way.) She said "Whats it worth to you??" My response was "puzzled??" As I investegated the fact from other toy collectors. Our local Wal-Mart Toy department manager takes kickbacks from customers to make sure they get what they want. I went home and called Wal-marts home office. They are going to investagate the matter.. Apparently this is not new to the person I spoke to on the phone. They have had serveal complaints over similar incidents in the past year.

thats odd, considering most people who have, or currently work retail toys, hate collectors and scalpers

and would have nothing more fun then to stomp on a case variant, or treasure hotwheel right in front of them. i had to pratcially give the Hasbro rep my life story so she would, help me find 25th figures, and with all my pleading, they ended up ordering 8 cases.. lol. just got to get to the store before the scalpers do.

i try not to buy new stuff thats in stores but some times i slip i bought wave 2 from ebay but it most not have been a real scalper maybe just a aprentice cause it was a farly decent price including shipping it was like 40 thats not to far from the online stores selling them

yes it is and under normal conditions i would rather hunt them down but i cant hunt like i use to ever since i got my foot crushed its pretty hard going store to store last time i did it my foot swoll up and got infected so i cant go hardcore for a while and thats what its taking right now to find these

yes it is and under normal conditions i would rather hunt them down but i cant hunt like i use to ever since i got my foot crushed its pretty hard going store to store last time i did it my foot swoll up and got infected so i cant go hardcore for a while and thats what its taking right now to find these

ouch, sorry to hear bout yer foot! hehe, that was funny that you bought stuff from an apprentice scalper, but either way a scalper is a scalper, i think if you wait a lil bit, it would have come to you, or maybe get a wheelchair plus a temporary handicap parking sign, and you are set! hope your foot gets better!! nice group shot of the 25A figs!!

I pretty much have to resort to Ebay, or online dealers, because they're STILL not stocking these in Canada.

That's why I didn't bat an eye when the 25th Crimson Guards came up on BBTS for ten bucks each. Even if they DID show up in Canada, they'd most likely hose us with a $10 price tag - even though the dollar's on par with the greenback, they'd probably figure since we're used to paying that anyway, they can still charge us the same price. :(

I'm stuck in a situation where Hasbro has pretty much left me no choice but to resort to the eBay scalpers. If I didn't I wouldn't have any because Hasbro doesn't seem to be shipping many of these to Tulsa. I haven't seen much 25th Anniversary stuff in stores here, I've had to get both 5 packs wave 1 and wave 2 all on-line. I'm holding off getting wave 3 hoping that Hasbro will get their act together, so far it's not looking good.

I'm stuck in a situation where Hasbro has pretty much left me no choice but to resort to the eBay scalpers. If I didn't I wouldn't have any because Hasbro doesn't seem to be shipping many of these to Tulsa. I haven't seen much 25th Anniversary stuff in stores here, I've had to get both 5 packs wave 1 and wave 2 all on-line. I'm holding off getting wave 3 hoping that Hasbro will get their act together, so far it's not looking good.

It's the second week of October. All of the first four waves are expected to be in stores before Christmas. The glory of non-lead-based G.I.Joes means they will be one of the few boys-toys left on the market. Congradulations, it will sell out fast almost everywhere. It's cheaper than most TFs, so the parent can buy more. Definately cheaper than SW figures... Not as big as MLs. I'd say their biggest competition is the Ben 10 toys, Power Rangers or the DC Super Heroes...

-Kevin

I just picked up 3 Cobra Legions packs off of eBay for about $5/pop more than my overdue pre-order at BBTS. I think if the extra $ on the packs isn't completely detrimental I will continue to buy on eBay. I also overpayed for a Wave 3 Stalker (the yellow version) to ensure that O would get a variant as I haven't seen Wave 3 in my local stores yet AND once again I am playing the waiting game on BBTS pre-orders.

I think buying on eBay is fine, but overspending on eBay just makes it worse. $50 for a Wave 3 set is preposterous. But for a buck or two higher per figure I have no qualms going to eBay and will continue to do so. I would love to get the figures at original retail price but until HTS, TRU Online, Target Online or Walmart Online get with the program I have no other online way to ensure I get these.

Dislike eBay scalpers? Blame Hasbro for not boosting their supplies. I don't scap but I am somewhat glad there is at least some method for me to get these things.

I don't buy anything off of ebay that I should be able to buy in the stores around me.

Can I get an A-MEN!

To me, ANY modern action figure sold in stores is only "worth" so much (in other words, LESS than what they go for on E bay).

I'll go there for vintage stuff only. Take my chances on my own with everything else.