Some Praise, A Rant, and 2 or 3 GREAT IDEAS!!!

Ren

The great things first.

They can be remolded by using hot and cold running water to tighten them back.

I love the fact that they are slighty larger than the RAH, I think it helps them out proportion wise, I think if they were smaller, they'd be as brittle and funny looking as the Superhero Showdown figures.

And I like that they have different articulations for different figures, It's not like Cobra Commander would be driving a Stinger around town, he's be chauffeured around by a Stinger Driver. Plus the fact that he has a closed fist really helps ambody the character of the figure. This line is meant as an homage to RAH. We have our orginal figures to sit in the orginal vehicles. This line is aimed at the adult collector to display on their office shelves.

They look amazing with excellent paint apps, and I mean excellent, with the exception of a couple of characters ( Stalker and Firefly I'm looking at you), the original colors have been nailed! The articulations is ground-breaking and highly innovative. If you had asked me two years ago if they could make a decent GI Joe with no o-ring, I would have used word passed out with the ridiculousness of the question. I think the articulation is one of the best from a toyline, ever. I'm sure the had to sacrifice a lot of it to enhance realism, and I'm all for it. I would have been pissed if these looked like ML's.

PS, now for the negative side @grumpy@

The only figures I'm really disappointed with are the female characters. Scarlett is the best out of the bunch, but all 3 headsculpts are funky. Lady Jaye barely looks like a woman, why they couldn't make her resemble the picture is beyond me,

they really need to slim down her waist, upper thighs, and fix her face and hair. She seems like a rush job. There is really no excuse for the Baroness, in her artwork she looks strong, determined, and angry all at once, but the figure looks like she suffer from depression and low self-esteem, almost pathetic. Her hair is a necessary evil in order to accommodate the backpack, a tradeoff I'll gladly accept. Why they didn't put details behind her glasses? They could've made the headsculpt with eyebrows, and then included a pair of glasses with NO lenses so we could ajust them ourselves, and tuck the sides under the hair. THat would have been a nice touch.

@firedevil@ One last thing, why didn't they include a hairpiece for the Troopers, Serpentor, and the upcoming Crimson Guards, Lego style? THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT, and probably COST next TO NOTHING!! WTF!!FIREdevil.gif @grumpy@ Alyosha can you fix this for us?? Please! #US1#

Other than the few minor quibbles, I love this line! #US1#