Anyone else tired of DCShunting?

Superpowers1980

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone else is tired of going to multiple stores looking for DCSH. Between store employees getting first dibs on figures and spartial stocking of shelves, I am done. I live in Philly and there are multiple stores I would travel to, in order to find figures.

TRU - only gets 1 case per store and missed the entire original Darkseid wave

WalMart - DCSH pegs have been empty for months. at least 5 months no lie

Target - always 3 Superman figs on the shelf

KBTS - doesn't even carry DCSH, this is sad because they are getting things in first now

K-Mart - still stocking the Lex Luther/Braniac/Darkseid wave, all without Darkseid, Brainy

I am now ordering cases, I am so done with retail and spending tons of gas money scouring the Philadelphia area all with 'NO' results.

The situation is better in the US but in Canada, Walmart isnt getting DCSH anymore. They only got series1. Zellers never got them i think. TRU is the only place that still gets them. I've seen series1,2,3 and purple packages Supermen(normal and black S ) and Bizarros.

In Hong Kong, only series1 and the Navy Darkseid,Brainiac and Lex Luthor showed up. You can find Mongul in some toyshops but nothing else.

I'm giving up on this line. There's no way a customer should spend so much time to find the product. We're the one who's paying money and it's ridiculous that I need to have such a hard time looking for figures so that I can spend my money.

Same story here, NOTHING in Wal-Mart for ages and the same Superman figures mouldering on the Target pegs. I don't get to TRU much because it's out of my way, but when I do, I see nothing there either. I also ended up paying more to get these "Mass Retail" figures from small, online stores since I can't find them locally anywhere, anytime.

I'm giving up on this line. There's no way a customer should spend so much time to find the product. We're the one who's paying money and it's ridiculous that I need to have such a hard time looking for figures so that I can spend my money.

It really is overall ridiculous, Mattel is acting like scared little girls by not forcing retailers to properly stock merchandise, not to mention they have terrible packaging, 3 Superman figs while other figs are one per case. I have been very lucky but its so random to find figures. DCSH is cleary a collector line, there is no way kids are buying these because hard core buyer/sellers grab them up much to fast. Also you can forget ebay, sellers offering single figures with 8-9 dollar shipping, THAT IS NUTS. Don't give up, just order from BBTS or other online shops.

I hear ya. Starting with the DCUC wave 1, I'm pre-odering my DC figures online. I just can't afford to go driving all over town wasting gas & coming home with zilch!

The shipping cost for ordering online is a bit too expensive for me. And online order often need to order a set and figures like Bruce Wayne or Nightwing are just rerelease from the old Batman line which I have already. Makes it so hard for me :P

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone else is tired of going to multiple stores looking for DCSH. Between store employees getting first dibs on figures and spartial stocking of shelves, I am done. I live in Philly and there are multiple stores I would travel to, in order to find figures.

TRU - only gets 1 case per store and missed the entire original Darkseid wave

WalMart - DCSH pegs have been empty for months. at least 5 months no lie

Target - always 3 Superman figs on the shelf

KBTS - doesn't even carry DCSH, this is sad because they are getting things in first now

K-Mart - still stocking the Lex Luther/Braniac/Darkseid wave, all without Darkseid, Brainy

I am now ordering cases, I am so done with retail and spending tons of gas money scouring the Philadelphia area all with 'NO' results.

I agree with you. I live outside of Philadelphia too and it's the same result everytime. The only glimmer of hope I've seen is that the TRU near me has gotten in stock of the Clayface series. They only get the one case and it's gone in seconds, but at least I've seen them. All that's ever left is camo Bane and Batman. I just pre-ordered my case for DCU series 1 last night from BBS for about $75 total.

Big Lots has been the saving grace to this line, but even they haven't gotten past the Mongul / Steel / Parasite / Cyborg Supes wave. If you're looking for those, you're on easy street when you walk in.

I'm stil lhoping they get the more recent waves, though. I've still only seen a Cassie Batgirl at retail. Still no Two-Face.

Well, I can't find the JLU Deadshot 3-pack or the Blue Devil single anywhere, but asfar as the DCSH lines go I've seen plenty of them at various TRU stores around here. In the last month or two I've seen at least 6 Two-face & Batgirl figures, 4 or 5 blue costume Supergirl, 3-4 Cyborg Superman. So I've lucked out with them.

hey, I work at wal-mart, and we aren't even getting boxes of these guys in the shipments.

it has something to do with a deal, walmart can't carry them for some reason.

In the last month or two I've seen at least 6 Two-face & Batgirl figures, 4 or 5 blue costume Supergirl, 3-4 Cyborg Superman. So I've lucked out with them.

Seriously?! I haven't seen a single Two-Face or Batgirl and I'm worried I'll have to pay eBay prices for them. I only lucked into a Cyborg Supes due to an online contest.

I can't find any.....I haven't seen Two-Face,Batgirl or Cyborg Superman other than the 12 inch:(....I also noticed that Wal-Mart has removed the pegs for these figures so Thanks again Mattel for killing another line that I enjoyed.Just like MOTU they've managed to KILL this line as well.

I can't find any.....I haven't seen Two-Face,Batgirl or Cyborg Superman other than the 12 inch:(....I also noticed that Wal-Mart has removed the pegs for these figures so Thanks again Mattel for killing another line that I enjoyed.Just like MOTU they've managed to KILL this line as well.

Keep in mind Walmart doesn't stock things at every store. For example, the one I work at doesn't carry the GI Joe 5 packs, nor has it carried "The Batman" since last Christmas.

Also keep in mind they are revamping the line in the next couple months so this "dry off" might be related to that. Or they are so busy shipping Barbie, Hot Wheels and Cars (which we just got 3 pallets of) they forgot they had action figure lines as well @hmmm@

Ya know, I'd like to find out how much culpability retailers share in this situation. Mattel can not force a retailer to carry their product, so if a local Target decides not to order in a case it's not the fault of Mattel. A retailer sets their space capacity and order points for a particular product based on an expected weekly sale so if the product doesn't sell, then it's not ordered in. The Target that still has 3 Superman and 2 Bizarro figures, that have been on those same pegs for weeks won't order more because the computer controlled system doesn't care that we're 2 waves past that. All it knows is that stock hasn't sold so there is no need to order more in. After a while, a business manager will cease to keep shelf space for this product because it doesn't move. He or she doesn't realize the demand for new figures because they don't check out message boards or websites like this one. They deal with sales figures, not fan boy posts on a message board (no offense to the fan boys).

I was just at a Target in Springfield, PA last night. For the curious, it's outside of Philadelphia in Delaware county. They had 3 Superman and 2 Bizarro figures. They've been there for a few weeks, at least. However, months ago they had a Luthor and Mongul which I bought immediately. A week later those figures were back, along with the entire wave. It's all about the purchasing of the product. We don't buy, retailers won't order more in. I work retail and that's the way we work. Once stock of an item reaches a particular number, there is an automated response sent to out terminal to send more. The amount that is ordered is based on the combination of the expected weekly sale, which is set by me, and the average weekly sale, then rounded up or down to fit a multi-pack or case. The local TRU in Media, PA has recieved the new Batman wave. I've only seen camo Bane, Batman and Two-Face but they've had in Clayface, Cassandra Cain and Catwoman. I know this because the department manager has told me. But they only recieve a case once a week. Why? Because their capacity is set very low, as well as their order point. I asked why so infrequently and only one case at a time and he told me because they've been burned with Mattel stock many times before with MOTU, Superman Returns, and this line. He can't afford to have stock sitting for weeks.

So I think Mattel and retailer share the burden. Retailers don't know their stock well enough to order what the customer wants, and Mattel can't give the retailer what they need to satisfy the customer. This is the situation where a retailer drops the line.