Got a 25th Cobra 5 pack for 6.35 @ TRU

KamenDreda

So I went on Saturday to TRU to pick up another Cobra 5 pack (Slowly and expensively trying to army build the 5 pack soldier) and when I got to the register it rang up as $6.35!!! Of course I contained my excitement until I was safely out of the store and in my car but HOT DANG I was excited! I of course drove to the next nearest TRU to see if they would make the same error but no such luck! I guess it was just a fluke but I'll take it! I tell you it is nice getting an unexpected (yet somehow ethically difficult) reward like that every now and then!

So I went on Saturday to TRU to pick up another Cobra 5 pack (Slowly and expensively trying to army build the 5 pack soldier) and when I got to the register it rang up as $6.35!!! Of course I contained my excitement until I was safely out of the store and in my car but HOT DANG I was excited! I of course drove to the next nearest TRU to see if they would make the same error but no such luck! I guess it was just a fluke but I'll take it! I tell you it is nice getting an unexpected (yet somehow ethically difficult) reward like that every now and then!

ETHICS?? Just consider it payback for all the other crap you bought from them. Ya beat da man!

you did nothing ethically wrong. who knows, maybe that store is already clearancing them. point is, you weren't deceptive or misleading, so consider it the toy Gods simply bestowing upon you a favor.

you did nothing ethically wrong. who knows, maybe that store is already clearancing them. point is, you weren't deceptive or misleading, so consider it the toy Gods simply bestowing upon you a favor.

Just what IF it wasnt on clearance.

I always wonder how could stores may mistakes to price higher priced item to be 50% off.

I doubt they will be clearanced this soon but could be wrong, I have seen weirder things. If they are selling well they shouldn't be anywhere near being clearanced, but I think someone probably put a clearance sticker on one from something else and then the cashier just switched it in the system. I've run across somethings with clearance stickers on them like the new wave of marvel 12" icons at target which rang up as $19.99 which is the right price, but then I found a 9" signature series sandman exclusive on clearance for $5.98 from $15. The odd thing is I never saw the sandman in stock on the shelves before that at regular price, and I am in there regularly looking for the new gi joe items.

Yeah, the whole ethics issue popped up when I posted that I got a Cobra 5 pack for $3.95 from my PX. Oh well. I think you got a good score, and shouldn't be held accountable for store error. Better you than some scalper getting them at that price and then gouging even more money out of us.

when I got to the register it rang up as $6.35!!! Of course I contained my excitement until I was safely out of the store and in my car but HOT DANG I was excited!

@loll@ I've done that before...trying to hold in my "nerdgasm" when i was on the better end of a clerical ring up error @lol@ The last time is when I went to buy fall guy season one and it was for $34.99 but it rung up as $6.99...you almost let out a "WTF?!?!?" until you quickly say to yourself "be cool man....just act cool and natural" :P

I don't see anything ethically wrong with it...I either look at it as getting a break for the "lil guy"...karma for scalpers because you know somewhere a scalper read this and said "DOH!" ...or if you wanna get religious about it, just the big man up stairs looking out for me @wink@

If you don't think its wrong, why are you "trying to act cool" instead of high-fiving the clerk?

@hmmm@ ...maybe because I try not to act like a dork whenever possible @lol@ Hell, even if it was the "real" price I wouldn't have ran up and down the aisle giving people high fives and start doing the "robot" because I found joes for cheap @lol@ That anit my style... I'm cool no matter the situation, brotha #joecool#

Just what IF it wasnt on clearance.

I always wonder how could stores may mistakes to price higher priced item to be 50% off.

Nah, when the cashier rings up the item at the till, the price they indicate to you is considered to be the offer of sale.

Once you agree to that price and hand over your money the sale has been made and the contract is then binding.

If the cashier makes a mistake, or the store has the value incorrectly listed, its their problem and not the buyers.

They made the "offer" at that price and it was accepted--the seller could have corrected the offer at anytime up until the money changed hands.

Also, if the seller ASKS you what the item was price-listed for on the shelf ( being too lazy to find out for themselves), accepts your answer ( even if you LIE to them) and does the sale with you, then the contract is STILL binding once the money changes hands.

That's because once the exchange takes place, the action of exchanging currency says that a willingness to conclude the deal exists.

If the store accidentally "sells" you a $1000 item for $1, once they accept that dollar you can freely walk out of the store regardless if they realize the mistake and object as you leave the building.