The Future of 25th Joes???

CLAM

Okay, so Hasbro has confirmed that the 25th Anniversary Joes will go on through at least the Fall of 2008. Then they said they are going to "really" get into gear with GiJoe.

what exactly does this mean? the 25th style are the only figures I have liked at all since the original RAH style. GvC was crap, VvV was more crap, and even the DTC figures were not very appealing for the most part.

Not only have the character designs been horrible, but the figures have been butt ugly.

Now we have the 25th Joes, and they are better in design and execution. We all love the designs because they look like the Joes we know and love. And the sculpts/construction are better than any other NEW SCULPT figures.

so what can we expect after 2008 then? A new start? new character designs? new figure construcion, again? new packaging?

for me, I think the 25th recipe is the best thing they could do pretty much. I would hope that they would continue using the retro designs and packaging even after the "25th Anniversary" label is removed from the line. I know they want to include some new character designs or new costumes, and that is okay here and there, as long as they continue to give us our classic Joes too.

I figured the line could go something like 20 waves easily by simply continuing what they are doing now. Classic RAH designs, retro packaging, new figre styling.

so here is something like what I would want to see over the next few years,(assuming they would refuse to change the amount of figures per wave) using the same formula that Hasbro is using now:

WAVE1

Snake Eyes v2

Flint

Stormshadow v2

Cobra Commander hood

Cobra Officer

WAVE2

Beachhead

Lady Jaye

Serpentor

Buzzer

Cobra Trooper

WAVE3

Shipwreck

Stalker

Zartan

Firefly

Red Ninja

WAVE4

Duke

Scarlet

Gung Ho

Roadblock

CC

Destro

Stormy

AirViper

WAVE5

Snake Eyes v1

Snowjob

Flash

Iron Destro

Crimson Guard

Wave6

Spirit

Barbecue

Ripcord

Major Bludd

Snow Serpent

Wave7

Dusty

Airborne

Tripwire

Scrap Iron

Iron Grenadiers

Wave8

Wetsuit

Leatherneck

Outback

Dr Mindbender

Eels

Wave9

Rock n Roll v2

Crazylegs

Lifeline

Zandar

Viper

Wave10

Falcon

Airtight

Sci Fi

Zaranna

Bats

Wave11

Bazooka

Alpine

Fastdraw

Metalhead

RockViper

Wave12

Mutt

Dialtone

Torpedo

Roadpig

Televipers

Wave13

Lowlight

Mainframe

Muskrat

Crocmaster

NightViper

Wave14

Recondo

Pathfinder

Ambush

Gnagahyde

RangeViper

Wave15

Hit n run

Repeater

Spearhead

BigBoa

HEAT Viper

Wave16

Hawk v2

Footloose

Blowtorch

Battle Armor CC

FragViper

Wave17

Shockwave

Law and Order

Freefall

Monkeywrench

AlleyViper

Wave18

Tunnelrat

Salvo

Iceberg

Ripper

TARGAT

Wave19

Snake Eyes 3

Doc

Big Ben

Torch

Annihilator

Wave20

Quick Kick

Jinx

Chuckles

Nightcreeper

LaserViper

along the way we could see a two pack of Tomax and Xamot

Also, they could do some vehicles (starting with a few of course)

Skystriker with Ace

Rattler with Wild Weasel

Snowcat with Frostbite

Cobra Wolf with IceViper

Stun with Motorviper

Desertfox with Skidmark

whatta you think?

what do you want?

I want it all and I want it now.

I'd like to have all the RAH redone in an upgraded way. I'm not interested in re-releases.

I know Hasbro has big plans for the movie tie-ins. Based on the way toys are done today, that means multiple scales. There will probably be 3 3/4 movie versions of the characters, new and old. Maybe 6 inch ML style which some fans have been asking for. Maybe some larger playsets, which would have to be in 3 3/4 scale. I mean that's the whole point of the 3 3/4 scale - you can get vehicles and playsets that just aren't practicle with the larger lines.

I would be all for 20 waves. I would like to see the figures from 1982-1986 all redone and there are a few after that I would like to see. Some of the more classic vehicles would also be nice to see as well. Based on what Hasbro said at the con, signs are looking good for new vehicles. And we did see that list with Rock N Roll, Torpedo and Wild Bill on it, so those guys should be coming in 2008. Hopefully they continue to rotate some of the figures in and out like they have done with the first 3 waves so people have more than one shot at getting certain figures.

Damn CLam is really standing behind a newer sculpt.. this is a sign!

but really, i dont think they should change anything, i think the movie toys outta be in the

same scale and look as the 25th, so they are compatible. that way Movie toys can stand right next to the 25th guys and look like a group. Also the vehicles from the movie would be able to accomodate other 25th guys too.

and for the kids, well if they bought 25th, and the movie guys dont fit in the 25th vehicles, and the movie vehicles dont fit 25th guys, well then you have made the kids cry. Dont let that happen hasbro!

I'll tell you what they will do. They will redo all of those characters listed in the same construction style, but this time shrink them so there aren't like Zentraedi with vehicles. @smilepunch@

On the other hand, if they do come down in size, they'll probably reduce them too much knowing Hasbro.

Construction issues aside, I don't see why they can't do 2 themes:

- continue the 25th classic line

and

- a modern comic line

They would be awesome!

I want the 25th line to continue. Period. I know after some time they won't be in the '25th' anniversary anymore so just remove that and just have G.I. Joe. I really hope the movie line doesn't do away with this current one we are getting to know and love. I would accept (although begrudgingly) a hiatus for movie toys. I just don't know how well I will like movie toys. But that remains to be seen.

There are a ton of figures I would love to see in the 25th line and although I realize I won't get them all - I hope to get some of my true favorites.

I'll tell you what they will do. They will redo all of those characters listed in the same construction style, but this time shrink them so there aren't like Zentraedi with vehicles. @smilepunch@

On the other hand, if they do come down in size, they'll probably reduce them too much knowing Hasbro.

Construction issues aside, I don't see why they can't do 2 themes:

- continue the 25th classic line

and

- a modern comic line

They would be awesome!

Woot! A Robotech reference!

And we'll get four waves this year... At least four in 08, at least four in 09 (movie), and at least four in 10 (DVD-release).

Granted, the DVD release'll come out at the end of 09...

-Kevin

Gotta have Cover Girl in there some where, they need to do all the classic ladies and then do the new ladies like Mayday, Firewall, etc

there are just to few female characters to not give them all a new sculpt figure

I need em all honestly but I think the female characters need to be done no matter what @firedevil@

Well, I asked Neal (guy in charge of GI Joe now) about this at the convention. I expressed that it kind of sucks to have the style changed every couple of years like it was with JvC T-crotch, JvC, VvV, and DTC. I told him many of us like and are excited about the 25th. Basically we want consistency in the line.

Well, he replied that in all likelyhood the 25th "style" will continue into the the movie toys. He knows people are excited about the 25th and so far plans to keep that style going.

That brought a big :D to my face!

So there you go. I hope what he said is true.

talked to a Hasbro rep today at the store, and she said the 25th line is blowing Hasbro's expectations

away of what they thought the demand would be. She also said, they are getting more demand then supply at this point, and Hasbro is trying to double the ship numbers.

i managed to grab a dark Stalker today, and she said they had put the box out like 6 hours ago.

sucks.

Well, I asked Neal (guy in charge of GI Joe now) about this at the convention. I expressed that it kind of sucks to have the style changed every couple of years like it was with JvC T-crotch, JvC, VvV, and DTC. I told him many of us like and are excited about the 25th. Basically we want consistency in the line.

Well, he replied that in all likelyhood the 25th "style" will continue into the the movie toys. He knows people are excited about the 25th and so far plans to keep that style going.

I tend to agree. Something I noticed almost from the beginning was Hasbro was applying a LOT of "Star Wars lessons" with the new line, from character selection to figure designs. My feeling is that the basic style of figures will likely not change going forward (aside from minor tweaks like elbows and hips, and some character specific stuff like CC and Shipwreck's fist), but we'll see thematic and packaging changes from year to year. Like Star Wars, who've basically had the same basic figure design since 2004 (at least), just changed the packaging and themes.

I just hope if they do go on with this line they'll fix some stuff. Like they have hands and they completely closed, BUT they get 4 guns, that makes no sense to me. They should also change the chins on the characters. The Baroness and Scarlett (because I can't find the other waves) are the only ones I've noticed that have really thins chins. Now, if they could fix all of that, and more it'd be an even better line.

My guess is 25th Anniversary will take us into the movie line. Whether 25th Continues alongside or after the movie, who knows. With Transformers they pretty much ended everything for the movie stuff and now Classics will continue up again till the new Animated stuff comes out. We'll probably see something similar with Joes.

I hated VvV and JvC as well, they were a huge dissapointment in my mind too.

I like your list, but I think every wave should include an army builder such as CG, BAt or Cobra Troopers, I hate having those figures become extemely HTF. They finally figured it out with the SW army builder, I see 30A Storm and Clonetroopers everywhere I go, now that include them in every case. I don't know how they fixed it, but they did.

Was he talking about continueing to use the 25th Anniversary body styles for movie figures, or was he talking about continueing the theme of updating characters in their classic, 80s uniforms to have them out along with the movie figures? I hope it's the latter because I don't want to see classicly sculpted characters stop just because of the movie toys that I might not even want.