Something I noticed at Target today

Zanzibar

Theres a notice in the boys toys section saying the employees WONT go in the back to see if they have the available item. and the store wont hold on to the item for guest.

They are probably sick of people asking. I wish I could put a sign up like this where I work.

a way to get around that is scan the tag on shelf on a portable scanner. If it is a newer one it will say if more are in storeroom. If they refuse then confront them about it and call a manager. That worked for me. When you have proof they cant refuse you or its bad customer service.

i did that with justice league figures. theyt said "if we had any more we would have then out". i asked them to scan it and check . they said they "knew" then i called them on my scanning and got a manager.

I've been hearing that complaint about Target for awhile. I've never asked anyone for help at that store but I have at TRU and Walmart and found they've always been acommidating.

where are these so called portable scanners? Only the employees have them.

Price scanners mounted in aisle. some targets have the ones that tell you if more are in back

yeah but not all of them have those. my target has the little price scanners, the only way to check to ask of them with the guns, luckily at my target they are really nice and will go in the back to check for stuff. just 1 fat bastard is a jerkoff and says that whatever they have in the floor.

You know its kinda funny cause.....we have toy companies that say the collector market only accounts for like 10-15 percent or something like that of toy sales.......I've been saying its probably more like 50 percent these days.....and stuff like this is proof IMO.....if Target is putting up signs like this it must be noticed by the higher ups....or they are getting complaints from workers being bothered by guys hounding them.

Adult collectors as well as parents are going to be asking the employees about the characters their looking for. So the signs can't determine who is in fact hounding the employees. Remember as a kid asking your parents or grand parents or "santa" to get that certain figure? I remember it will. Also if you can't find the figure your looking for, your parents were looking out for you to make you happy, I'm sure that hasn't changed now with kids.

I think the right equation for this is going to be 40% kids/parents 30% adult collectors and 30% scalpers or something close to that.

One of the Targets here in Denver had an employee that told me they couldn't go back to the stockroom to check on toys for any reason. It really pissed me off, so I sent an e-mail to Target asking what the policy was. This was the reply I got:

"We give our store teams some guidelines on purchase limits and set

dates for high-demand items. We encourage our store teams to limit the

availability of these items as needed or as appropriate. To give all of our

guests an equal chance of finding the popular item they want, team

members should not search through sealed packages kept in the stockroom

for a specific item. It sounds like one of the stores you shop at is not

following this policy, so if you could provide me with the name of the

store, I'll be sure to contact that store to review the policy. "

Read that how you want, but I read it as Target employees should make the effort for a guest unless the product is in a sealed case or unless there's a limit on it placed by Target. Employees can't deny you service simply because they don't like toy collectors.

I don't think any of them are just going to go in the back and look, without looking it up on their DCPI checker gun thing they have no idea where to look in the back. All you do is find an employee with a gun or go up to the customer service area and ask them to check the DCPI number. 9 times out of 10 if they have them in stock they will go back and get them for you unless there is an embargo date on it. If you go to the service area at the front of the store they will even check if other stores in the area have it or not. The downside with things like waves of figures is all of them have the same DCPI # so they could indicate to be in stock but in fact be wave 1 figures instead of wave 3.

That's the only way I do it nowadays Jay, but half the time they refuse to find someone with a price checker, on account

of a few reasons.

1They're lazy

2They refer to the collector policy

3They're lazy

4because I'm a pushover and nicer than I should be I guess

5The are about to go to lunch and don't want to go digging in the back, even though they know the location #.

The onlt time that rule applies at Target is suppose to be when the pegs are full and the customer is looking for a specific figure. Other than that if they have them in the back room they should bring them out. At this point Target only gets a box or two at a time and they go right out to the shelf because the pegs are always empty. I know because I work there and that is the way it is suppose to be done.

The onlt time that rule applies at Target is suppose to be when the pegs are full and the customer is looking for a specific figure. Other than that if they have them in the back room they should bring them out. At this point Target only gets a box or two at a time and they go right out to the shelf because the pegs are always empty. I know because I work there and that is the way it is suppose to be done.

Where's this magic Target you work at? @firedevil@

There are 4 Targets here in Albuquerque and none of them ever have squat on the shelves. Joe single pegs are ALWAYS empty and I don't believe I've ever seen singles at Target more than one single time. And Transformers are worse. There are tons of those lame Cyberslammers and other "Transformers-related" crap nobody wants.

Where's this magic Target you work at? @firedevil@

There are 4 Targets here in Albuquerque and none of them ever have squat on the shelves. Joe single pegs are ALWAYS empty and I don't believe I've ever seen singles at Target more than one single time. And Transformers are worse. There are tons of those lame Cyberslammers and other "Transformers-related" crap nobody wants.

That's how the Walmarts in LA are, AND we never get exclusives, I mean never! @firedevil@

That's the only way I do it nowadays Jay, but half the time they refuse to find someone with a price checker, on account

of a few reasons.

1They're lazy

3They're lazy

5The are about to go to lunch and don't want to go digging in the back, even though they know the location #.

Oh I don't have them find someone with a gun, I just walk around the store till I see someone with one. It doesn't need to be in the toy department. Anyone with a gun can look it up for you. I just walk up to them and say excusse me can you check this DCPI number for me and see if you have the item in stock. On occassion you'll get someone who gives you that look like your a pain in their behind but at least for me 9 times out of 10 the Target employee's are very helpfull. I thought I was gonna hit paydirt today at Target as the guy was rolling out a cart of Hasbro boxes, turns out the only GIJoe items he had though were 8" figures and didn't have any 25th Anniversary in stock. They got Elite Force figures on the pegs with the 25th Anniversary tags right now :(

of a few reasons.

1They're lazy

3They're lazy

Oh I don't have them find someone with a gun, I just walk around the store till I see someone with one. It doesn't need to be in the toy department. Anyone with a gun can look it up for you. I just walk up to them and say excusse me can you check this DCPI number for me and see if you have the item in stock. On occassion you'll get someone who gives you that look like your a pain in their behind but at least for me 9 times out of 10 the Target employee's are very helpfull. I thought I was gonna hit paydirt today at Target as the guy was rolling out a cart of Hasbro boxes, turns out the only GIJoe items he had though were 8" figures and didn't have any 25th Anniversary in stock. They got Elite Force figures on the pegs with the 25th Anniversary tags right now :(

Sounds like one of the Targets near me, one of the Wal-Marts, and then there's the TRU that hasn't got anything 25th even pegged out...

-Kevin

You know I`m probably gonna get some heat for this but damn some collecters are inconsiderate at times. How would you feel if every few minutes someone pulls you aside to search the stockroom for something that could be on a pallet or buried under a ton of boxes. In a way I agree with their policy as it holds up the employee from doing their jobs. Stocking the shelves whether you like it or not is the night shifts responsibily and not the days and it stops them from helping other guests with valid needs rather than frivilous hobbies that in the end really isn`t that important. So instead of them being able to complete their assigned tasks or get to customers that really need help, theyr`e looking everywhere for some "toy" that someone really doesn`t need. I would be pissed too or "lazy" if that`s what you want to call it. Anytime a customer is told no, they call it bad customer service, well did anyone ever think that this policy is in place so they can better help customers? If you complain that there is no product on the shelf then fine, blame it on the stock crew and complain to the manager who works the overnight shift. It really pisses me off when customers get cocky and get an attitude with employees for following their orders. I`ve worked retail management for several years in the past so I know what it`s like. It`s a toy people, not the end of the world. Deal with it and move on!

i worked in retail for 5 1/2 years i had lots of people ask about stuff and if i did not know right off hand i would go find out and when i found something for someone i allways felt good i never minded helping people out

Within reason it`s fine, just some customers just expect or deman too much. Maybe i`m just bitter cause my son`s keeping me up all night and my blood pressure has been through the roof but it`s just something I feel strongly about. I hate really pushy and cocky customers who think they know everything and think they are the only thing in the world, so everything in god`s creation has to stop for them. I`m not saying everyone here is like that, but i`m sure there are a bunch from the stuff i`ve read over time. People really need to relax sometimes and accept some things for what they are. I`m just glad I now work in a career where the customer is always wrong, law enforcement! @smilepunch@

You know I`m probably gonna get some heat for this but damn some collecters are inconsiderate at times. How would you feel if every few minutes someone pulls you aside to search the stockroom for something that could be on a pallet or buried under a ton of boxes. In a way I agree with their policy as it holds up the employee from doing their jobs. Stocking the shelves whether you like it or not is the night shifts responsibily and not the days and it stops them from helping other guests with valid needs rather than frivilous hobbies that in the end really isn`t that important. So instead of them being able to complete their assigned tasks or get to customers that really need help, theyr`e looking everywhere for some "toy" that someone really doesn`t need. I would be pissed too or "lazy" if that`s what you want to call it. Anytime a customer is told no, they call it bad customer service, well did anyone ever think that this policy is in place so they can better help customers? If you complain that there is no product on the shelf then fine, blame it on the stock crew and complain to the manager who works the overnight shift. It really pisses me off when customers get cocky and get an attitude with employees for following their orders. I`ve worked retail management for several years in the past so I know what it`s like. It`s a toy people, not the end of the world. Deal with it and move on!

but dude, other toy lines Pirates, TMNT, Spidey Power Rangers, are full on the pegs than Joe. Whenever I goto 1 particular Target weekly, there nothing there. so im always disappointed going to one further than the 2 Targets near my house.

i worked in retail for 5 1/2 years i had lots of people ask about stuff and if i did not know right off hand i would go find out and when i found something for someone i allways felt good i never minded helping people out

Within reason it`s fine, just some customers just expect or deman too much. Maybe i`m just bitter cause my son`s keeping me up all night and my blood pressure has been through the roof but it`s just something I feel strongly about. I hate really pushy and cocky customers who think they know everything and think they are the only thing in the world, so everything in god`s creation has to stop for them. I`m not saying everyone here is like that, but i`m sure there are a bunch from the stuff i`ve read over time. People really need to relax sometimes and accept some things for what they are. I`m just glad I now work in a career where the customer is always wrong, law enforcement! @smilepunch@

ya i understand about the kid im glad mine are older and sleep. i worked in a kinda small town and everybody are pretty good people there but i have seen alot of drunks and stoners and some really weird s<>t just never had anybody really rude with me it may be my size people use to give my employees trouble some times and they whould say let me get the manager and when i went out they were real polite

where are you in law enforcement that way i will not go there @smilepunch@ with the kid keeping you up and all i feel for the people you stop are arrest. i use to want to be a texas state trooper just never happened