Is it just me or are the ML sculpts looking more kiddish?

DesiSpider

Its not just the sculpt, paint......just comparing toybiz and hasbro the overall quality seems to have come down.

Nobody cries about busted Figs as much as they do superficial stuff anymore... A figure breaking fresh out of the package is BAD QC, NO COMPROMISE!!!

Hasbro has the license, and Hasbro has been in the business for a long time riding out trend after trend of toys.

For the record...Hasbro created the Action Figure/Boy's Toys market... Maybe all of you would prefer if we went back to Lincoln Logs and Erector sets (...with Marvel branding of course?)

Do you work for Hasbro? Because you defend them like no other! I buy their ML and will keep doing so as long as the character selection is good. But it's delusional to act like their figures are "great".

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, your point about realism from wave 6 onwards is fairly good. and it led me to realize that toybiz's figures look exactly like the hasbro ones do before around wave 5 or 6. ill bet anyone on this forum that by this time next year, all these piddly little complaints stop.

you keep dreamin that mate. there is alway going to be complainer even if we were still with TB.

True that, If I where the sculptors I would have gone nuts hearing and trying to please everyone, Toy Biz had many complaints, They are both good, to me.

Atleast Toybiz BAF's were much better. It compromised for any faults of the figures themselves.

how? and if you say cuase they bigger then you never got the last 3 series.

True, the last three were smaller but they seem more appropriate as BAF's. Ronan, Annihilus could might as well be packaged as an ML itself. Same with blob...its as big as Juggernaut.

Atleast Toybiz BAF's were much better. It compromised for any faults of the figures themselves.

True, the last three were smaller but they seem more appropriate as BAF's. Ronan, Annihilus could might as well be packaged as an ML itself. Same with blob...its as big as Juggernaut.

i admit that Annhilus and Ronan could be sold separtly but not the Blob.He is just too fat and the way hasbro did him in my opinion was perfect. what some people seem to forget is that some BAF are not made for ther Hieght but for there BULK. and according to your teories Onsluaght, Mojo and MODOK would have done better on there own.

In other word don't just look for height for a BAF look for Bulk.

Also the only reason hasbro was doing eight figure was to give us more true some of the eight were X3 but at least it was eight different characters. then people complain and saw that MT (Marvel toys) was doing six per wave. MT was basically saying "hey we can do Pitt with six figures" and Hasbro then Said "Ya well we can do that too with Nemesis"

blob was too round, just look at how they packaged him with wolverine. besides that, your right.

theres no way you could have got onslaught or mojo in a single package

possibly modok, but that would be pushing it, juggernaut was pushing it, did you see how much of the package he took up

if modok was single packed, id doubt he would have come with a fire base

possibly modok, but that would be pushing it, juggernaut was pushing it, did you see how much of the package he took up

Exactly.

Hows about the LCBH series...it seems better than Hasbro...anyone compared the figures?

Exactly.

Hows about the LCBH series...it seems better than Hasbro...anyone compared the figures?

That becuase they don't have to listen and obey Marvel Comics and more. they can do what they want.

Just looking at the new FF and Spiderman BAF waves i can't help being dissapointed. It just doesnt seem to be aimed at collectors but more like for kids.

The sculpts just dont compare to that of Toybiz. I just hope ML wave 3 figures are much better.

So is it just me or does Hasbro really need to reminded who actually buys these figures!

well, i hv to admit that some sculpts are kiddish/terrible but there are also nice sculpts out there. i don't know bout u guys but i believe that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. some say emma frost is prettier than X3 jean grey and vice versa. so it depends actually.

for example, regarding the new FF series (ronan series).....i do think that all 9 figures (including ronan) are nice. in my opinion, torch is nice but his flame hair should be taken out while the thing's facial expression is more or less like the house of m's the it....very sad expression. furthermore, the thing should've been bigger than other FF figures (maybe same scale with ronan?). oh, and i think mole man should've been smaller than other FF figures!

Yeah its not just you... :S

Not just the sculpts, the colouring too!

actually, your point about realism from wave 6 onwards is fairly good. and it led me to realize that toybiz's figures look exactly like the hasbro ones do before around wave 5 or 6. ill bet anyone on this forum that by this time next year, all these piddly little complaints stop.

There'll be no next year, by that time they've already fully kiddie bashed Marvel Legends and concentrated on their other lines like this new Marvel Unleashed things they're trying to push on us with all that Six Sigma style joints (they like to put their own twist and leave their mark on their products). We've given them enough time to "reinvent" the wheel. They have all the previous molds and bases which were used to bring this line to success before. Why redo it to bring out ridiculous looking prodiucts at these level? I recall before they took over the line, somebody else in these forums wrote about these new joints Hasbro were going to use. He knew it was coming, everyone saw it coming . . . And we are seeing it slowly being phased in, first with FF Wave, then Series 4, 5, the Hulk Wave (unofficial photos) confirmed it. This totally sucks!

Do you work for Hasbro? Because you defend them like no other! I buy their ML and will keep doing so as long as the character selection is good. But it's delusional to act like their figures are "great".

Go to Dictionary.com or Google "Consumer Loyalty"... The fact that I have to explain it just proves my point. I have spent enough money with "The Bro" to know that whatever gripe you have with said company is minor as opposed to the faith I have in said company.

No I don't work for Hasbro, if I did I wouldn't care so much... I'd be spending your money too much to give a "rats anus"! I'm having a bit of difficulty coming to terms with all of you complaining ad nauseum about the crossover. We already know that Toybiz sculpters still produce figures for the line, But all of you nay-sayers still blame Hasbro, when everything they've done has improved the line considerably.

I await the day when all of you live up to your word, and stop collecting the line entirely... So those of us that see that the glass is half-full can take a sip once in a while. I don't think that every thing they do is great, but I also don't hear Star Wars/GI Joe/Transformers collectors bitching about petty Shiite either!

...SCHOOLED!!!

Research is so much cooler than just saying random garbage...

Sculptors List... READ IT!!!

So... only White Queen is All Hasbro(kinda?), who'da thunk it?

***I'm sorry about the linkage, but somethings gotta be done!***

your link to the list of sculptors is unecessary. it is already well-known, and has been, that Hasbro is using many of the same sculptors that worked on Toybiz's line.

However, that doesn't really mean anything. Hasbro is in control over what they sculpt. Hasbro is the editor, if you will, of the sculptor's work. And there is still reference work that must be used to show the sculptors what they want. so Hasbro can choose to have a cartoonish sculpt before the scultpor even gets to work. Do you think it was a sculptor's decision to do the Humberto Ramos Green Gobin? no, Toybiz made that decision.

Again, I point to the HML2 prototyps that were shown at the 2006 San Diego comic con. The figures and sculpts were Toybiz quality. Then Hasbro had all the face sculpts changed before their final released. This tells us that yes, the sculptors can still do the same work, but Hasbro is telling them to do more cartoonish faces.

I think the sculptors who did the best work are the Four Horsemen, who did their best work with Marvel Legends in the past. Guess who's got them now? Mattel. Doing their DC SuperHeroes line, soon to be known as DC Classics line! I'm considering getting those fine sculpts, since they are now starting to pay attention to paint washes on their side!

Well, there seems to be two schools. And no middle ground. People will defend they are horrible or people will defend that change is inevitable and everyone should accept it and what have you. They aren't the same figures. That is for certain, but my interest has been waning since the last few subpar waves of Toybiz. I collected the first couple of the 'Bro's waves completely (grabbing figures I will never display purely or a BAF - but thats my own stupidity).

When I found 3 full cases of both FF and SM3 Legends and got to crack one of each I was super stoked. And then I looked inside and disappointment abound. George Hamilton/Malibu Tan Namor, Super Saiyan Johnny, etc. I grabbed Doom, Surfer, Black Spidey, Venom, and New Goblin. And I'm always a completest. I got home and cracked open Black Spidey. After playing around with him I hated his one hand that connects the web (without the web it looks awkward) and the head can't look up very high. So after a few days I sighed and took the others back. I realized I didn't buy them because I TRULY wanted them - I was just happy to find some new MLs.

A few days ago I saw the Wally 2-packs. Cable and Cannonball look nice. The girls not so much. But not enough to spend $20 a pop. So aside from possible picking and choosing I guess I am done till something wows me. The 'Bro backers are right. Want to prove a point? Stop buying them. I can't justify spending 60-80 bucks per wave on something I don't really want.

But in the end Hasbro still gets my money on SW and Joe figures. Those are lines I can get behind.

Well, there seems to be two schools. And no middle ground. People will defend they are horrible or people will defend that change is inevitable and everyone should accept it and what have you. They aren't the same figures. That is for certain, but my interest has been waning since the last few subpar waves of Toybiz. I collected the first couple of the 'Bro's waves completely (grabbing figures I will never display purely or a BAF - but thats my own stupidity).

When I found 3 full cases of both FF and SM3 Legends and got to crack one of each I was super stoked. And then I looked inside and disappointment abound. George Hamilton/Malibu Tan Namor, Super Saiyan Johnny, etc. I grabbed Doom, Surfer, Black Spidey, Venom, and New Goblin. And I'm always a completest. I got home and cracked open Black Spidey. After playing around with him I hated his one hand that connects the web (without the web it looks awkward) and the head can't look up very high. So after a few days I sighed and took the others back. I realized I didn't buy them because I TRULY wanted them - I was just happy to find some new MLs.

A few days ago I saw the Wally 2-packs. Cable and Cannonball look nice. The girls not so much. But not enough to spend $20 a pop. So aside from possible picking and choosing I guess I am done till something wows me. The 'Bro backers are right. Want to prove a point? Stop buying them. I can't justify spending 60-80 bucks per wave on something I don't really want.

But in the end Hasbro still gets my money on SW and Joe figures. Those are lines I can get behind.

You forgot to mention Doom's itchy trigger finger on his right hand! . . . with or without that silly toygun of his! It's forever frozen in that pose.

...your link to the list of sculptors is unecessary. it is already well-known, and has been, that Hasbro is using many of the same sculptors that worked on Toybiz's line.

See, I think that's the issue right there, just because you're intelligent enough to know whats going on behind the scenes... what about the "sheeple"? you know al these dudes who don't look into stuff like that, but form their opinions on what you and a few others post (over and over again!) It's like the masses have been conditioned into seeing this line being crap.

I have no remorse when I say ML were crap, it's too early to tell if they will remain crap! I collect them cuz I'm Stan Lee's #$#@#, not because of Paint, Articulation, BAF size or Sculpt. I may have made a joke about the new Civil War back around the time of the crossover... but I'd like to think I'm on Cap's team, regardless!

same for the other doom, the two punishers and deadpool

No not quite, those 4 Toy Biz sculpts you mentioned have articulated knuckle joints so the hand can be altered, not put into a closed fist but just moved. the new Doom has no hand articulation what so ever like most of their figures.

I don't see why this debate has become so polarized. Hasbro's MLs are not the worst toys ever made but of course there's room for improvement. There's always room for improvement in everything. Hasbro has told us that they want our feed-back so they know what changes or improvements we want to see. There seems to be a lot of people, me included, who would like to see the more realistic detailing that Toy Biz fequently gave us. That includes both the sculpts and the paint apps. Paint washes really add a great layer of realism to figures and I think Hasbro's MLs are suffering for not having much of them. I'm not bashing or trashing Hasbro. I'm telling them, because they say they care, what I'd like to see in the future. Better posability and better detailing. If they have to raise the price a buck, I'm okay with that. At this point the figures are more important to me than the BAFs. I don't want them sacrificing the figures for the BAF.