anyone else "still" hate the 25th anny figures?

Toiletmonkey1

Now the question I have is if they are taking the low road by reproducing the old vehicles and not make new vehicles to accomodate the new figures, will they shrink down the figures to the 3 3/4th rate with slight height differences to fit the vehicles and make the new figures out now null and void, or will they make new vehicles to go with the new figures since they are in talking about making them retooled to sit better.

Maybe true about the "null and void" status if the future figures are redone slightly smaller. This leads to my next question. If Hasbro DID redo them all (first 3 waves included) but slightly smaller, would you (plural) forfeit what you've already bought and start over?

If the 25th figures were smaller, I'd be all over them. Especially the Trooper. They look freaking magnificent, but they're just too big for me and I think to myself "what a waste."

It's not just them "fitting" in the vehicles but take a glance at kingmoredred's signature. They're awesome pics and LJ looks pretty hot, but she's a bit gigantic on the hood. I compared my Trooper with a Stinger a few nights and found the same issue. Granted the Terrordrome and most other classic stuff isn't proportioned either but jeeps, bikes, and tanks are essential I think.

The articulation issue is there, but not as bad as many may think. Over time, they do loosen. Take the Baroness. Out of the box she totally has hunch back. After a day of wobbling, her head does look up straight ahead. The same goes with Duke/ Flints' arms and legs.

I'm not trying to blow the high for those loving them (godspeed), but I'm pretty disappointed with these because after all this time they finally shoot in the right direction and they're too big. An issue as simple as this could have been considered pre-production.

i think everyone's issue with these figures is based on lone judgement. If you take Storm Shadow and throw him on a actual 1:18th scale bike, he looks perfect. Do it to any other O-ring line, and the person is smaller, and def does not look right.

I can fit any of the 25th guys in the Black Ops Hummer w/ a little encouragement.

I agree with Chazz though, this isnt a continum of RAH, this is its own line. I for one want to

see new vehicle Specifically for this line. These figures look almost real next to BBI products in

term of real world looks. I dont want RAH vehicles re-issued for a new line. Which hasbro said they

will be doing all new sculpts for the line, the RAH re-issues are teasers for Target.

It makes me think of that episode of tales from the crypt with the mortician making the casket too small, and the cadaver was too big so he chopped his feet of the make him fit lol.

ANYWAY, if they were to do a do over and make the figures smaller, I probably would buy the new ones IF I knew hasbro had a new finalized game plan and they were sticking to it and not going to do another do over (but whos going to admit that up front). I do like the taller figures as long as they make NEW vehicles to go with them, and not finding an easy way out by retooling the seats. I wouldn't buy the figures if they were smaller than RAH, and doubt I would buy the figures if they were any taller than the 25th. I wouldn't mind buying some 25th anniversary 12" figures if they could do them right with justice like the new line.

I do like the size of the 25th anniversary figures, and it does have alot of potential. I like the new detail and web belts/harness' and having removable mini weapons. I must say though that I think some of the arms seem to be a bit small in areas, not all but some. I'm not saying they need to be all buff like when star wars figures came back out in 95, but need to be a little thicker esp for the brawlers. I think Firefly and some others could use some muscle tone period. But thats my opinion.

These figures look almost real next to BBI products in

term of real world looks. I dont want RAH vehicles re-issued for a new line. Which hasbro said they

will be doing all new sculpts for the line, the RAH re-issues are teasers for Target.

I'm with you on that...I would also rather them remake vehicles for this line instead of re-issued vehicles. It would be cool for them to redo some of our favorite vehicles but update them a little like they've done the figures...maybe redo the hiss with some tank treads that actualy move or something @razz@

I'm actualy pretty suprise to hear YOU don't like them, TM...as creative as you are with your dios and customs I thought you'd find some pretty good use for these figs @smile@

I'm creative but even in my imagination i cant make these figures good! seems like hasbro cant find the middle ground. it always seems like they didnt try hard enough or they try to hard. the latter seems to be the case with the 25th anny stuff (IMO) but if you guys love em i think thats cool. i just wish i could???

TM

Now, see I have to ask WHY you don't like them. I don't want to speak for you, so I'll just say why for myself.

Height: Somewhat an issue. Don't see ANY reason these couldn't have been a wee bit shorter so as to be compatible with RAH. NO reason at all. Even the fact they are brand new styling and all, I don't see any reason. Why would it hurt? But, again, as I said, that's only somewhat an issue because I think a lot of us like the idea that guys like Roadblock and Destro are larger in stature than the "all the same height" RAH figures.

Articulation: The key and only significant problem. Arm articulation is subpar compared to RAH. Leg articulation isn't uniform (theres like 3 different kinds of knees). And the biggest offender is the waist. I see NO reason they couldn't use the same design for RAH here as well. The internal parts are nearly identical, sans O-Ring. Maybe not exactly the same, no, but what they used now is ridiculous. Take a look at the pics of the unpainted Lady Jaye with the painted one. What the hell happened to the waist between the two? Even the ##$%$#ed hand problems are secondary since only a few of the figures are affected (Destro, Cobra Commander, Shipwreck and Roadblock), but even THOSE would be relatively minor to fix (just new hands) compared to a body retooling.

But beyond that, I have to wonder, if they fixed those problems, would you actually like them?

[the guy doesnt like them,hes in love with old joes.he loves them so much he thinks there perfect in every way.so the old joes are perfect,hes like why did you guys make these new joes.why do you guys like them better than my old joes that i think are perfect.

OH I'M COLLECTIN THESE BIG TIME! MANY MANY I HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN FOR CUSTOMS (ABOUT 25 SO FAR). SOME DO HAVE PROBLEMS AND OTHERS ARE PREFECT (WIT PROBLEMS LOL). BARONESS IS BY FAR THE WORST AND IF I WASN'T A COMPLETIST I WOULD HAVE RIPPED MY EXTRA APART. BUT ALL IN ALL THESE ARE GREAT FIGURES AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WAVE 4!

OH I'M COLLECTIN THESE BIG TIME! MANY MANY I HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN FOR CUSTOMS (ABOUT 25 SO FAR). SOME DO HAVE PROBLEMS AND OTHERS ARE PREFECT (WIT PROBLEMS LOL). BARONESS IS BY FAR THE WORST AND IF I WASN'T A COMPLETIST I WOULD HAVE RIPPED MY EXTRA APART. BUT ALL IN ALL THESE ARE GREAT FIGURES AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WAVE 4!

I think the blend of proportioning and detail went well with these new figures and I like that they are taller by a small margin. Stand them side by side and the 25th wins hands down. Not taking away anything from rah, since it is the originator. Like It's been said there are some minor issues that can and probably will be fixed. My minor beef is that some of them could use more muscle tone like firefly, he looks great otherwise, but a little too thin for my liking.

Final thoughts (hopefully)...

There have been few comments to compare the height/ scale to ARAH figure. Just to be clear, I personally was not using this example. Meaning, I only size up the 25th figures to previous "new sculpt" figures. The ARAH line is unique and I admit that mostly even the previous new sculpt figures are larger. So I was comparing the 25th to previous "new scuplt" figures.

As for muscle tone, I agree. I noticed this at first glimpse. They are trimmer. Conversely, Buzzer's thighs are a bit heavy, but no biggie for me. Their overall slenderness isn't as big of an issue as the height/scale.