Hasbro/Toybiz/Marvel Toys BAF Group Shot

killswitch26

That picture really makes me miss Toybiz. Especially looking at how sweet the Legendary Heroes BAFs are compared to the Hasblow stuff. I know some of the later TB ML BAFs were smaller, but they were still a better deal than the new 8 figure waves.

That picture really makes me miss Toybiz. Especially looking at how sweet the Legendary Heroes BAFs are compared to the Hasblow stuff. I know some of the later TB ML BAFs were smaller, but they were still a better deal than the new 8 figure waves.

I was thinking the same, how do they do a figure the size of Pitt or Monkey Man in a six figure wave when it takes Hasbro 8 to do Ronan or Annihilus

Oh wow! What awesome pics! Quite a treat! I like how you have the taller baf's in the back in order of release, was that intentional or coincidence? Wow, I didn't realize Monkeyman was so big! All I'm missing are one arm and one leg. I found it funny that somewhere down the road you could justify assembling two Apocalypse' for the two different color versions but not Annihilus @loll@ Ya I have two Banshee and Emma lying around for that @hmmm@

Oh wow! What awesome pics! Quite a treat! I like how you have the taller baf's in the back in order of release, was that intentional or coincidence? Wow, I didn't realize Monkeyman was so big! All I'm missing are one arm and one leg. I found it funny that somewhere down the road you could justify assembling two Apocalypse' for the two different color versions but not Annihilus @loll@ Ya I have two Banshee and Emma lying around for that @hmmm@

The order was intentional. The only reason I had 2 Apoc's was I never found any variants for that series and then when they started releasing the black parts I just picked up all the variants with the black piece, so Maestro was my only double:)

truth be told i don't see any diiference between anyway of the. TB and Hasbro Baf seem to blend in well together. Not saying that i wouldn't be glad if TB was still doing them but the end result would probally be the same with minor changes.

The Hasbro BAFs are really too small for splitting into 8 pieces. If Hasbro wants to have 8 figs in a wave they should give us 2 BAFs in a wave.

sidenote, are there still have characters that can be a large size baf?

The Hasbro BAFs are really too small for splitting into 8 pieces. If Hasbro wants to have 8 figs in a wave they should give us 2 BAFs in a wave.

there a few Fin Fang Foom for one but that in the uncomfirmed column at the moment.

I see some of you are giving out about the eight figures in a wave thing. well i have good news for some people who don't know (and some who do @grumpy@ ) that after the next ML we will be going back to six Figures per wave. and some will still complain.

Let's see...

Nimrod-8'' to 10'' inch scale

Titanium man 70's version 8"-10" inch scale

Masters of Evil Goliath - (Giantman repaint with new head sculpt!)

Champion- 8"-10' inch scale

Sasquatch-ML version was underscaled at 8"', new one needs to be 10" inch scale based on Sassy being a 10 footer in the comics. For scale ref, look at 10" scaled Monkeyman!

Orka-10" scale-enemy of Namor, TB never made any of his enemies! We need Attuma, Tiger shark & Orka!

Classic Sentinels ala "Days of future past" storyline! 12"-16" scale!

Fin Fang Foom-rumored to be the BAF in a 2 wave Hulk line

Mandroids-8" scale- Battle armored SHIELD Agents

Dreadknoughts-8" scale- Hydra created robots

Chod-8" scale-huge member of the Starjammers

Warstar-8"-10" scale-huge robotic member of the Imperial guard, comes with a robotic, smaller 4ft member.

Wendigo 8"-10" scale- maneating Canadian creature

Box 8" scale- member of Alpha Flight

Iron-Monger-8"-10" armored enemy of Ironman-will be main foe in the live action movie coming May 08!

So, yeah, plenty of "big" characters Hasbro can make BAFs out of!

the hasbro guys are just laughable, especially that crappy sandman.

That's cuz the entire movie line based wave sucks! They have done a great job with their MU comic based BAFs.

BAF Blob & Ronan are especially well done BAFs. Brood Queen is nice, just don't particularly care for the character. I know lots of people dug Annihilus & are stoked for Nemesis as well.

So, please clarify what is "laughable" about Hasbro guys? BAF Sandman? I'll agree with you 100% on that, but I already stated the reason why.

That's cuz the entire movie line based wave sucks! They have done a great job with their MU comic based BAFs.

BAF Blob & Ronan are especially well done BAFs. Brood Queen is nice, just don't particularly care for the character. I know lots of people dug Annihilus & are stoked for Nemesis as well.

So, please clarify what is "laughable" about Hasbro guys? BAF Sandman? I'll agree with you 100% on that, but I already stated the reason why.

Trashing everything Hasbro is just his MO. Kinda like So No Tornato except boff123 doesn't insult everyone and isn't a douche! :D

It was there only choice. Who can be a BAF for the Spidey movie wave besides sandman? BAF Aunt May?

Hasbro could have made a better Baf that looks like the Sandman from the final scene but that will be more like a statue.

Besides paint issues, the Hasbro BAFs are pretty nice...well, except Sandman...

But I find that I generally don't care about the smaller BAFs from both Toy Biz and Hasbro (MODOK and Blob are the only exceptions though, they rock). Toy Biz just spoiled us with the HUGE BAFs they offered early on, w/ Galactus, Sentinel, Apocalypse, and Giant Man.

I was very impressed w/ both Pitt and Monkeyman, and I'd love to see that size become a happy medium of the two (big BAF vs small BAF). They're not as gigantic as the early figures, but they're still pretty big. So buying figures you don't want just to complete the BAF feels worth it again.

And we definitely need that Fin Fang Foom BAF to become a reality. And he needs to be huge!

Besides paint issues, the Hasbro BAFs are pretty nice...well, except Sandman...

But I find that I generally don't care about the smaller BAFs from both Toy Biz and Hasbro (MODOK and Blob are the only exceptions though, they rock). Toy Biz just spoiled us with the HUGE BAFs they offered early on, w/ Galactus, Sentinel, Apocalypse, and Giant Man.

I was very impressed w/ both Pitt and Monkeyman, and I'd love to see that size become a happy medium of the two (big BAF vs small BAF). They're not as gigantic as the early figures, but they're still pretty big. So buying figures you don't want just to complete the BAF feels worth it again.

And we definitely need that Fin Fang Foom BAF to become a reality. And he needs to be huge!

You state:Toy Biz just spoiled us with the HUGE BAFs they offered early on, w/ Galactus, Sentinel, Apocalypse, and Giant Man.

That's becuase those characters you just mentioned rated to be done in that scale due to them all being over 15"20" ft tall in the comics!

Blob is 8ft tall in the comics, his figure is 8" tall, perfect. Annihilus is just 6ft tall in the comics, so his BAF was small as well. Ronan is 7'4, so his figure is also scale accurate. Understand, if a certain character that they choose to make into a BAF is not 15"20" ft tall in the comics, they're not gonna sculpt him that big either, they're gonna do their best to sculpt him at the proper hgt according to his listed hgt in the MU directory. I already just posted a list a few posts above dealing with what hgt (based on their MU stats) certain characters that rate a BAF, should be done in. Go check it out.

You state:Toy Biz just spoiled us with the HUGE BAFs they offered early on, w/ Galactus, Sentinel, Apocalypse, and Giant Man.

That's becuase those characters you just mentioned rated to be done in that scale due to them all being over 15"20" ft tall in the comics!

Blob is 8ft tall in the comics, his figure is 8" tall, perfect. Annihilus is just 6ft tall in the comics, so his BAF was small as well. Ronan is 7'4, so his figure is also scale accurate. Understand, if a certain character that they choose to make into a BAF is not 15"20" ft tall in the comics, they're not gonna sculpt him that big either, they're gonna do their best to sculpt him at the proper hgt according to his listed hgt in the MU directory. I already just posted a list a few posts above dealing with what hgt (based on their MU stats) certain characters that rate a BAF, should be done in. Go check it out.

Yeah...I wasn't saying I wanted a 15" tall Annihilus. All I was saying was that I liked getting enormous figures as BAFs, which, yeah, was attributed to Toy Biz's character selection for the BAFs. So, then Toy Biz spoiled us by choosing to make huge characters. I would like to see Hasbro make larger characters with the BAFs, like those listed on your list.

Let's see...

Nimrod-8'' to 10'' inch scale

Titanium man 70's version 8"-10" inch scale

Masters of Evil Goliath - (Giantman repaint with new head sculpt!)

Champion- 8"-10' inch scale

Sasquatch-ML version was underscaled at 8"', new one needs to be 10" inch scale based on Sassy being a 10 footer in the comics. For scale ref, look at 10" scaled Monkeyman!

Orka-10" scale-enemy of Namor, TB never made any of his enemies! We need Attuma, Tiger shark & Orka!

Classic Sentinels ala "Days of future past" storyline! 12"-16" scale!

Fin Fang Foom-rumored to be the BAF in a 2 wave Hulk line

Mandroids-8" scale- Battle armored SHIELD Agents

Dreadknoughts-8" scale- Hydra created robots

Chod-8" scale-huge member of the Starjammers

Warstar-8"-10" scale-huge robotic member of the Imperial guard, comes with a robotic, smaller 4ft member.

Wendigo 8"-10" scale- maneating Canadian creature

Box 8" scale- member of Alpha Flight

Iron-Monger-8"-10" armored enemy of Ironman-will be main foe in the live action movie coming May 08!

So, yeah, plenty of "big" characters Hasbro can make BAFs out of!

Don't forget 15" Dragon Man that ToyBiz shrank to 7" in Fantastic Four Classics Series!