Next Year's Convention Location

Cmdr_Y

I'd like to go to one but I'm somewhat limited by geography and time available. I really missed my best chance when the con was in the twin cities a while back.

Anyway - if there was an announcement about the location or any hints dropped, let me know.

The only announcement about it was that they are attempting to make next year's Con a Summer event, with the TF-con in Spring.

We all know that in 2009 we'll be in RI for the movie premier, and get the Hasbro Tour also. If not, I'm going to be quite unhappy.

I expect him to announce the 2009 Con at the 2008 dinner, like he did at the 2003 Con with 2004's Disney.

-Kevin

Perhaps Louisville, KY.............Home of Mahommad Ali, Louisville Slugger & The Kentucky Derby

about 4 Hours from St. Louis, a few hours from Nashville, about 1 hour from Cincinnati,

6 Hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Indy

Very centrally located!

or Perhaps Cincinnati............Home of some losing sports teams!

or Perhaps Lexington, KY........Horse Capitol of the World!

Nope but Vegas would be f'ing cool!

I know Vegas would be cool. You know Vegas would be cool. The 'Noks know Vegas would be cool......but we also know the GIJCC would never pick Vegas. They want it to be a family thing.

.....but, damn....it would be cool.

I am thinking the club would keep it close to home (somewhere in TX) next year with the blow out in '09 for the movie. I just hope that the garden spot they pick is NOT Providence.

i think its time for at least a middle state con, the East coast has had its go of events, give some love to the west coasters and have it somewhat closer.

Vegas would be off the hook.

The GIJCC won't go west of Texas would be my guess...

-Kevin

well then somewhere in the middle, preferrably out of Tornado Alley during peak season. @hmmm@

COME TO NEW YORK, I would love to have the convention in my hometown...