Wave 2 at Smalljoes.com

dblogan

And already troopers at $15 are sold out and Serpentor just sold out. Yeesh.

You know... I understand the need to make money if you are selling Joes but I really hate the inflated prices of army builders. I will so take the chance on never finding them befor I shell out $15 for a $6 fighure.

And yet another of the myriad of reasons why I never, ever buy from Small Joes.

There is profit and then there is gluttony. You'd do better pre-ordering on BBTS.

How people continue to shop at SJ I'll never know.

As for the Troop figures you might end up scoring a better deal off of EvilBay.

There is profit and then there is gluttony. You'd do better pre-ordering on BBTS.

you can get them cheaper from evilbay i got a set for alittle under 40

While I agree that the pricing for 'Hot Figures/Army Builder' types at SJ is somewhat out of whack, you have to remember that SJ does not want to get stuck with a ton of overstock because people are trying to order gobs and gobs of Cobra Troopers to army build. BBTS can be a bit cheaper because they have other items to offer and don't need to keep inventory low, they can carry items longer.

I've found that smalljoes is fantastic for o-rings, screws, stands, etc. I've bought a few Indian Playskool stuff and some Joe-like construction dudes and haven't had a problem with them. If a price is too high I just pass. It may be frustrating at times, but at other times not too bad. If you want cheap army builders they have the BATS set for only 12.99!!!! I already have 4 or 5 of those.

they can't justify selling that trooper for 15 bucks because it is packed at the same ratio as all the other figures in that wave.

but whatever... I know that guy is hurting for business and people are willing to pay it.

I wouldn't pay anything over retail for any of them, except Flint. I can't find that damn 1 per-caser anywhere... I was in London when wave 1 came out, and now that series aint shipping anymore.

they can't justify selling that trooper for 15 bucks because it is packed at the same ratio as all the other figures in that wave.

but whatever... I know that guy is hurting for business and people are willing to pay it.

I wouldn't pay anything over retail for any of them, except Flint. I can't find that damn 1 per-caser anywhere... I was in London when wave 1 came out, and now that series aint shipping anymore.

Clam, there are 2 Flints hanging on a peg at the Hastings store here in town. LMK if you need me to help you out at cost.

There is profit and then there is gluttony.

Says the guy that bought SIX Cobra Troopers off of HTS. @smilepunch@

LOL, that Rocks!

I am a gluton as well, but I don't jack up the price and throw them on eBay for $15 or more. I don't resell them. I am an Army Builder of one. I buy multiples but I don't send you an IM saying I'l give you 3 for $60. That's F-ed up. My gluttony keeps the line going :) dare I say it!

And I bought my troops for $6 a pop at HTS. I wouldn't buy them at Small Joes for $15/pop b/c that's just scuzzy of SJ. Brick & Mortar stores, BBTS, TRU and anyone who doesn't try to screw over the fan base gets my dollar.

While I agree that the pricing for 'Hot Figures/Army Builder' types at SJ is somewhat out of whack, you have to remember that SJ does not want to get stuck with a ton of overstock because people are trying to order gobs and gobs of Cobra Troopers to army build. BBTS can be a bit cheaper because they have other items to offer and don't need to keep inventory low, they can carry items longer.

Agreed!

TM

Smalljoes are very good and reliable people.

They have very cheap prices on a lot of stuff but yes they do have high prices on rare/troop figures.

Having worked for a small business i can see why. To keep them in stock he gets stuck with lots of "unwanted figures".

Buy his funskool, o-rings and other stuff. But if expensive figures bother you get those elsewhere. I have a lot more respect for a small business that does what he does than scalper employees at target and wallyworld on ebay. He is upfront, they are "teh skum"

If you want cheap army builders they have the BATS set for only 12.99!!!! I already have 4 or 5 of those.

Of course, a few months back you could have got them from me for $4 a set plus shipping.

I just think some of those prices are way too crazy. $17 for MAJ Barrage when people were scooping them up for $1.49 a pop on clearance from HTS? That's a bit out there. However, when I did buy from him, I never had any issues and communication was always really good. I just stay away from the higher priced stuff.