MS to ML

tarot

Emma Frost, Ultimate Iron man, Spider-woman, She-Hulk, Ultimate Wolverine, etc. they have all been Marvel Select before they were MLs. I get the feeling that both TB and Hasbro are trying to give us both versions of a figure.

But we all know that some MS are not going to get Mephisto and Watcher. but who will be made into ML next? or better yet who do you want to be next? I admit that Mephisto, Watcher and Thanos are perfect but i want a ML Thanos (as BAF must Likely) but who do you want to be made into a ML?

My MWF(Must want figure) are

Thanos ---- Got to be a BAF maybe to make it different make him the Ahhilation version.

Cloak and Dagger---- have got to be a Twin pack but i suppose Cloak would be difficult to make with his powers and all.

FA Ult Cap---- a must have really needed to go with the Ult Cap figure.

Ult Thor---- another must have . He is my only Ult Figure that i have in my top ten list. and his one of the big hitters of marvel and he only has three ML so far while IM and wolverine has well over ten.

FA Ghost Rider---- a needed FA. we're running out of FA's to do and his a must have.

who do you want?

no thanks if you guys want the stuff just buy the MS I'd rather have new figures as bafs than ones that have already been done perfectly in MS :S

Agreed...there are still so many terrific characters that need to be made that I don't want to think about shelling out $10 on minimal re-sculpts of great existing figures. The Select Watcher is perfect, in my opinion. Would you rather have him in one piece for $15, or in 6 pieces for $60?

I can possibly see a Cloak and Dagger two-pack, only because Cloak was more an accessory than a figure. And sure, some of the earlier Select figures could stand to be re-made for articulation purposes (the line basically began as slightly poseable statues). But I'm happy with what's been made so far and don't want any do-overs.

Now, if Hasbro gives me a complete classic Hellfire Inner Circle, a Malekith, a High Evolutionary and an Arnim Zola, then they're free to do what they want. I'm generous like that.

no thanks if you guys want the stuff just buy the MS I'd rather have new figures as bafs than ones that have already been done perfectly in MS :S

Agreed, but the reason why i say Cloak and Dagger becuase Cloak is just a empty glorified base. Not really a figure and i think Dagger is too tall. But i agree with not wanting Thanos as a BAF. MS is a great way for us to get characters like UATU, THanos, and the Mephisto.

I dont know why people want BAF Thanos when they have MS who is already in scale because he is big. Besides, Hasbro would just mess his figure up anyways and it be a waiste of BAF.

Yeah I love the MS thanos, but Thanos is a top 10 ten greatest of all time Marvel villains and deserves a second figure! All of Hasbro's BAF are good so I'm sure they would make nice new rendition of the mad titian.

Agreed, but the reason why i say Cloak and Dagger becuase Cloak is just a empty glorified base. Not really a figure and i think Dagger is too tall. But i agree with not wanting Thanos as a BAF. MS is a great way for us to get characters like UATU, THanos, and the Mephisto.

Ah I suppose I could see that for cloak how ever I've never really thought of him like that since its more him, as he is using his powers... he is more or less his name sake :D and becomes a cloak and sucks everything up into the whatever for transport...

I dont know why people want BAF Thanos when they have MS who is already in scale because he is big. Besides, Hasbro would just mess his figure up anyways and it be a waiste of BAF.

Because he is not a Hulk sized character!! Never has been. He is listed in the Marvel universe character directory as being 6 foot freakin 7 inches & weighing 985lbs! He is massive, not gigantic. What is so hard for some of you to understand that the MS line is sculpted in the larger 7'-8' scale & is not meant to be compatible with the ML 6' scale line!

How many MS characters have already been done in the ML line as well? Quite a few! Thanos should be done as well! He's the perfect character to do as a BAF & have him be either in the 6' 3/4th scale or just a bit shy of the 7' scale.

Sorry to those of you that bought the MS version & now are being selfish by saying you don't want Hasbro to give those of us that do want a 6' scale compatible Thanos in the ML line. Heck, you all are happy with your perfect MS Thanos, if Hasbro does do a ML Thanos, don't buy the entire wave or just buy the figs you like in the line & sell off the Thanos parts. No biggie. I and many others do want a classic Starlin or Ron Lim Thanos in the ML line & hopefully Hasbro will be doing him in the near future!

Here's some pics of Thanos. Wow, he sure does tower over huge 7ft plus footers like Drax & Champion, who BTW is 10 ft tall in the comics. he also does not tower over Thor & Thor is not 7ft tall FYI!

thanosvschampion.jpg

thanosdraxII.jpg

Thanos-Thor_history33.jpg

truebattle-ThanosvsThor.jpg

For scale reference, Surfer's 6'4, Thanos at 6'7 is in perfect scale in this pic with SS. BTW Dr Strange himself is around

6'2-6'3

thanossilversurferdrstrange.jpg

I would have no problem with Hasbro making Thanos in the same scale as Mattel's Darkseid, whom in the comics is listed in the 7ft range.

This is an acceptable hgt scale for classic Thanos

Darkseid_SupermanComparison_2.jpg

This ....is a JOKE!!!!!!!!! Never knew Thanos was bigger than Darkseid!!!

DarkseidMSThanos.jpg

This is the scale Thanos/Darkseid are in relation to each other!

ThanosvsDarksied.jpg

MS Thanos , perfect scale to ML line? Don't think so!

Like I said, the MS line is not scale compatible with the ML 6' line & never was meant to be!

Hasbro needs to make a ML scale compatible classic Thanos!

I like the Ultimates and would definitley like an Ultimate Thor, along with the rest of the team.

I'd also like Black Cat. That thing in the Spider-Man boxed set sucked. The MS version was hot.

While having the Marvel Select Thanos being so tall can pass, it's not right. I want a Thanos just a bit taller than Thor but real wide like he is supossed to be. Thanos 0431 don't worry I have a hunch Thanos will be the BAF for wave 5. I wanted Drax just slightly more but now with your point being so valid I'm crossing my fingers for a Thanos. I think Hasbro knows that by choosing Thanos they are making a return to Toy Biz's original idea for a BAF by making it a VERY important character!

I would think it would be neat if they did thanos with his more recent ANN look rather than just out right redoing him... I would so buy that version of him :)

I would like to see MS make these figures because they would be awesome and relatively in scale.

Terrax

Nimrod

Drax

Attuma

Orka

Mister Hyde

Sauron

Ulik

Kurse

Blaastar

Morg

Wendigo

Titanium Man

Super Adaptoid

Mandroid

Zzzax

Dormammu

Executioner

I think many of these could work in MS or as BAFs. What do you guys think?

Also, those pictures of your default Superman and Darkseid are wrong. You should be using theses 2

Superman: this is the default one!

http://www.toywiz.com/dcdilefiinoc.html

Darkseid: match this one up to your Thanos

http://www.toywiz.com/dcdisubase2r2.html

believe me, these 2 figures blow away those 2 from the DCSH and fit well with the rest of your figures.

I would like to see MS make these figures because they would be awesome and relatively in scale.

Terrax

Nimrod- BAF 8'-10' Scale

Drax

Attuma

Orka-BAF 10' Scale

Mister Hyde

Sauron

Ulik

Kurse baf 8' scale

Blaastar

Morg

Wendigo baf 8' scale

Titanium Man BAF 8'-10' Scale

Super Adaptoid BAF 8' Scale

Mandroid BAF 8' Scale

Zzzax

Dormammu

Executioner

The ones I didn't put as BAFs can be single carded as there are not any that are bigger than FO Hulk & actually a few are in the 6'5 -6'6 hgt range in the comics.

I think many of these could work in MS or as BAFs. What do you guys think?

Also, those pictures of your default Superman and Darkseid are wrong. You should be using theses 2

Superman: this is the default one!

http://www.toywiz.com/dcdilefiinoc.html

Darkseid: match this one up to your Thanos

http://www.toywiz.com/dcdisubase2r2.html

believe me, these 2 figures blow away those 2 from the DCSH and fit well with the rest of your figures.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I stopped collecting DCDirect's line due to their inability to do a line of scale compatible figures & I'm not a big fan of artist specific lines cuz then you have to pose them seperate from other artist specific lines due to the fact they they just don't mesh well. I have that Superman, while a great figure, he's in the 6 1/2 scale & would tower over the DCSH 6' line of figures. I'm strictly a 6'' line action figure fan & love to pit my ML 6' figures vs DC characters & with the larger 7' scale DCDirect line, that just wasn't possible. With the DCSH figurers & now, the upcoming DCUC line, I can!

Also, DCDirect figures just cost too much & have limited POA that usually goes no higher than 12, for what they charge, I want more than just 12 POA on an "action" figure.

I don't own the MS Thanos, he's out of scale with the ML line, as I've eloquently stated. Nor do I own the Turner Darkseid. I love the classic version of DCSH Darkseid, the 4HM seemed to have thrown in a mix of Kirby & Byrne into it & it looks awesome.

ult thor and ult fa cap.

I want a baf or whatever Thanos size is in ML because direct market stuff doesn`t make it to Mexico, and we don`t have the chance to get DCD or MS, NECA, McFarlane, etc...

ult thor and ult fa cap.

I want a baf or whatever Thanos size is in ML because direct market stuff doesn`t make it to Mexico, and we don`t have the chance to get DCD or MS, NECA, McFarlane, etc...

so do what the rest of us do who are not in the us & either ebay or order via comic shop , or ask for hookups here :P I'll be happy to help ya out with any future ms figures ya need