Marvelous News: TRU Black Queen Found (In China)

TomE

Gaah! Enough with the zombie thing already!! What is everyone's fascination with this idea?

I have no idea. I read the story after a year or whatever of the hype and it's one of the worst story lines I've ever read. I mean ok, sure it has some funny parts and whatever, but I don't need or want figures of them.

Black Queen, however, I'm really excited to get.

Its taking these squeaky clean heroes and turning them into flesh eating Monsters. something about that fascinates people, myself included.

It is kinda scary to think about, too: they were known for protecting the innocent, then one day: they began eating the innocent and had an upper hand: their super powers.

Plus overly loving Marvel Fans are known as Marvel Zombies, so they just took that and made it literal. Its pretty fun.

Also, I like the twist at the end of the miniseries, where they become the new galacti, I thought that was really well done.

....Sorry for the spoiler, but if that ticked you off, ya shoulda read the story by now... Its good.

I don't really want or need figures of the Zombies, either, but I still like that they are made. MZ is one of my favorite reads, it was just a lot of fun.

You can preorder her at Toys R Us with free shipping right now. Not that she'll be hard to find based on the previous exclusives, but if you're an opener and don't care about potential bent packages, save the gas money and have it delivered to your doorstep!

this figure is conflicting for me. While I think it is cool to get a black queen figure, it not accurate to any media, except for the head. If we were ever to get a Sabastian Shaw or a Mastermind, this black queen wouldn't fit with them. I'm leaning towards passing but it's going to be hard.

What about her exactly isn't accurate? I would think you could paint the midsection black and she would be pretty acurate to the comic/cartoons that the character was featured in.

edited to add: You are right tarot, I forgot that she did have the thigh high boots showing the flesh there, but again, i'm sure HASBRO/TRU doesn't want to sell a dominatrix figure.

actually i think it the legs that should be flesh colour and now that i think of it i can see why hasbro didn't do her like that. i could see the feminist outrage."THIS FIGURE IS OFFENCE TO WOMEN!!!!!"

Overall I like the figure, though I kinda wish they had changed the legs and pelvic area to be a bit more comic accurate but it's not really a deal breaker that they didn't. Shame they didn't remove the X from the belt though.

This is what

Black_Queen_(Jean_Grey).jpg

This is what she suppose to be like.

wow! another awesome john byrne pic!

that black queen is o.k., not in a rush to go get it, it'll

be warming the pegs for sure during the christmas season.

Its taking these squeaky clean heroes and turning them into flesh eating Monsters. something about that fascinates people, myself included.

It is kinda scary to think about, too: they were known for protecting the innocent, then one day: they began eating the innocent and had an upper hand: their super powers.

Plus overly loving Marvel Fans are known as Marvel Zombies, so they just took that and made it literal. Its pretty fun.

Also, I like the twist at the end of the miniseries, where they become the new galacti, I thought that was really well done.

....Sorry for the spoiler, but if that ticked you off, ya shoulda read the story by now... Its good.

I don't really want or need figures of the Zombies, either, but I still like that they are made. MZ is one of my favorite reads, it was just a lot of fun.

Yup fun it is! its a very different take on the marvel verse! If you have not even read it then don't be complaining about it imo :D also don't judge it from the MS toys we are getting... I like the MZ but the toys are quite lack luster and to me not very comic accurate ... the hulk is just horible as are the rest of the figures! I ordered the cap figure but I am regretting it now big time!! The only other zombie stuff I like are the minimates which are done quite well :)

What about her exactly isn't accurate? I would think you could paint the midsection black and she would be pretty acurate to the comic/cartoons that the character was featured in.

edited to add: You are right tarot, I forgot that she did have the thigh high boots showing the flesh there, but again, i'm sure HASBRO/TRU doesn't want to sell a dominatrix figure.

I don't see why I should be asked to paint a figure to make it accurate when hasbro won't