Pick 5 Joes you would like to see used as the main characters the new movie focuses on

JayC

DUKE - clearly the most recognized leader that non-collectors will remember from their childhood.

SNAKE EYES - clearly the most recognized Joe character whatsoever. his inclusion is undebatable.

SCARLETT - again, I think most non-collectors will remember her as a widely used character in the cartoons and will think her inclusion is neccessary. besides, I think the team needs at least one female.

ROADBLOCK - token black guy. jk. but seriously, again, I think visually you need a black member, and although the big black brute is slightly stereotypical, he is the most popular black member of G.I. Joe, and serves a role as machine gunner that the other four do not.

SHIPWRECK - probably not most people choice, but the Joe team needs a sailor/underwater expert, and his stereotypical greasy, swarthy sailor persona will break up the monotony of the clean cut Joe heroes you get from Duke and even Snake Eyes. Shipwreck is unpolished and uncouth, but getsthe job done.

Duke- The team needs a leader and even though I have the most love for the original 13, I still think of Duke as the prototypical field leader. There is also no way a GI Joe movie could be made without him...

Snake Eyes- This one is a given. It HAS to have Snake Eyes. I would leave out the ninja crap and make him the original commando bad ass that he was.

Scarlett- Gotta have a woman on the team and the original is still the best. I would also make her the computer/electronics expert of the team. A modern team needs one and only having 5 slots doesn't leave a spot for one of the actual communications experts like say....Breaker. So that specialty is added on to Scarlett.

Stalker- My GI Joe ALWAYS has to have Stalker. He's one of my all time favorite Joes and he would be there to keep Snake Eyes in line. The team also needs a field medic and interpreter. That man is Stalker.

Clutch- The team needs a vehicle expert. Clutch IS my favorite Joe. I picture a GI Joe movie as having to have a vehicle chase/getaway scene so it would need to have Clutch. He would also add the comedic relief. No, I wouldn't have slapstick comedy but something more like the semi-good natured ribbing that occured between Scarlett and Clutch in the early run of the Marvel series.

Hawk as he is the head of the joes he was there from the start of the team.

Stalker is a bad ass and is what gi joe stands for.

Rock & roll you need a heavy gunner

Doc you need a medic

Foot loose as we need a grunt on the team to show how laid back they can be.

Duke - not my choice but obviously he's the "leader" by Hasbro's decree so he has to be here. I'd prefer Flint

Snake Eyes - what action movie doesn't have good 80s ninja action?

Roadblock - as said before, and as sad as it sounds, token black guy to show the mix in the team. I just hope they dont stereotype him with ghetto talk. I actually think LL Cool J would make an excellent Roadblock. He's a serious actor when he gets the right role.

Lady Jaye - yes, yes, I know it's going to be Scarlette with her skin-tight leotards and red hair, but the team needs a chick onboard and my pick would be Lady Jaye.

Shipwreck - next to the Duke/Snake-Eyes love-fest, I think Shipwreck is the next most popular Joe because his look is so different from the others. In a movie setting I think he'll look more like his VvV character than his 80s sailor character.

Honourable Mention: Gung-Ho - I have a strong feeling this character will be in the bunch

I'd go with the 25th Ann Box set roster:

Duke

Gung-ho

Roadblock

Scarlet

Snake-eyes

agreed its a good Core team

hopefully they can throw in some extra names like BeachHead.

and you cant really have Lady Jaye with out Flint.

Duke

Scarlett

Roadblock

Snake-Eyes

Chuckles, Shipwreck, Stalker or Spirit for the fifth spot

flint played by bruce cambell

I think Mr. Campbell might be a bit too old for ol' Flint now. Have you seen him on USA's Burn Notice over the summer (which is an amazing show, btw). Still a great actor, but a little older, grayer, and out of shape for a Joe. I would go for a Clive Owen type.

Er, anyhoo. 5 Joes?

Duke - Field Leader. Recognizable and as all American as Captain America and apple pie.

Snake Eye - It's like X-Men without Wolverine or JLA without Batman. And I like the guy. But give me commando with ninjitsu training. When things go bump in the dark, this guy bumps back.

Stalker - Gritty character that grew up on the streets. He's also an original and has background with SE.

Rock n' Roll - Also an original. And the heavy machine gunner.

Flint - Another very recognizable face and he can fly the chopper.

But there will be more than 5. Its a military based operation. You may have 5-7 characters in the foreground, but the background possibilities are endless.

Well remember these charaters are not gonna be cgi. Therefore they dont need to limit the characters like they did in Transformers to just 5. Id actually prefer to see multiple teams being sent out on missions. But as for my top five if i had to pick only 5..

duke

snake eyes

gung ho

roadblock

cover girl

Duke, Snake-Eyes and Scarlet are all must haves. I'd personally like to see Clutch and Gung-Ho as the other two main members. Clutch is slick, clever and drives a cool car. Gung-Ho is some mean Marine muscle.

I think Mr. Campbell might be a bit too old for ol' Flint now. Have you seen him on USA's Burn Notice over the summer (which is an amazing show, btw). Still a great actor, but a little older, grayer, and out of shape for a Joe.

Agreed on both counts, Burn Notice was a great show, and Campbell though a great actor is to old and out of shape to play flint. Now the main star of Burn Notice might be a different story.

I think Mr. Campbell might be a bit too old for ol' Flint now. Have you seen him on USA's Burn Notice over the summer (which is an amazing show, btw). Still a great actor, but a little older, grayer, and out of shape for a Joe.

Agreed on both counts, Burn Notice was a great show, and Campbell though a great actor is to old and out of shape to play flint. Now the main star of Burn Notice might be a different story.

i dont think so look how actors lose and gain weight for roles and the grey hair could be fixed with hair colering movie magic can fix all things that whould keep him from getting the role his face structue is perfect

Joseph B. Colton (G.I. Joe)

Mutt & Junkyard

Snake-Eyes

Scarlett

Stalker