Second Hasbro Panel Comic Packs and Larry Hama

JayC

"Large vehicle playsets are a possibiliy with something like a movie. Nothing right now but as they gain momentum with the movie anything is possible. The Hasbro team really wants the aircraft carrier to come back but right now its not really possible."

I think the above quote should solidify the creditability of the people behind this current wave of Gi Joe.....This, in conjunction with the Troop Builders comment, tells me that they do listen to the fans and they want the best product possible. I plan to buy multiples of everything and cannot wait to see what they have in store for the future. Congrats Hasbro on a job well done

I always find it funny that every year around con time. people start saying "hasbro is finally listening to the fans" and "hasbro really cares" ect ect

then come mid year its "what the f@ck are they doing?" LOL

just an observation that all dont hate on me! ;)

TM

- The Cobra Trooper from the 5 pack will be released on a single card along with the current Viper Pilot one in wave 2.

What does that mean? That the Red Logo version is going to be some kinda super rare chase like the Black Timber....or that a Red Logo Trooper will be released latter on?

Interesting stuff! Glad to hear about Ripper and Torch, can't wait to see the images.

Both Ripper and Torch look awesome especially together!

:D

LARRY HAMA IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @purpbananna# @bananna@ @purpbananna# @bananna@

CRYSTAL BALL? If he can get a new figure when can I expect my new 25A versions of Zandar, Big Boa, Croc Master and Darklon?!

Also good news to hear that Hasbro plans on including at least one COBRA troop builder per wave. Hopefully I'll still get my new IRON Grenadier, B.A.T., and Techno-Viper before the 25A theme goes away.

Great stuff. Great.

Only thing that's worrying me is that Torch's torch (duh) has that molded-on plastic cable, just like the vintage figure. I hope they go with a bendable black cable, just like Ripper has.

Same worry applies to Flash.

Any info on this?

Well, I guess I have to eat my words. We get Torch & Ripper in the Comic 2 Pack. I think they both look great, even with reused parts.

Torch is all Gung-Ho with a new vest. It even looks like Gung-Ho's head under those mutton chops.

Ripper is all Buzzer except for possibly a Gung-Ho lower torso and a new upper torso. Maybe a new head, but I think it may be a Sepentor head under all that.

I like the idea of 2 packs with new comics from Hama, but do we need another Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow 2 pack?

The Cobra Commander/Crimson Guard comic looks cool. Hopefully we wont just get a CC/CG 2 pack. If so, Maybe the GC will have a removable helmet. Best case, maybe we'll get Tomax & Xamot with this issue.

I hate to be pessimistic at times, but I just remember all the JvC crap. I welcome Hasbro to prove me wrong everytime, and they have so far with the 25th.

Love the figures but not a fan they are going to be in a two pack. Please, Please, Please I want all the figures in single carded figures... love the retro look.

I second that!

As long as Hasbro isn't packaging any COBRA troop builders in the comic packs then I really don't see a major problem with the comic packs.

- The Cobra Trooper from the 5 pack will be released on a single card along with the current Viper Pilot one in wave 2.

What does that mean? That the Red Logo version is going to be some kinda super rare chase like the Black Timber....or that a Red Logo Trooper will be released latter on?

Let me clarify that for you. The question was asked wiill we ever see the Cobra soldier from the 5 pack released as a single card figures and their answer was "we would be stupid not to do that." They clarified that they were indeed talking about the red logo and not the silver. John the designed understood that the silver emblem is the "viper Glider Pilot". What I got from this statment was that there currently aren't plans for a single pack cobra soldier with a red logo but that it made a lot of sense for them to do this in the future.

I always find it funny that every year around con time. people start saying "hasbro is finally listening to the fans" and "hasbro really cares" ect ect

then come mid year its "what the f@ck are they doing?" LOL

just an observation that all dont hate on me! ;)

TM

I can't speak to the joe team in past years but I got to spend a good amout of time with a couple of the design team guys and they are genuine Joe fans. Adam and Steve seem to be more Star Wars fans than Joe but that is not to say they are not intimatly familiar with the joes in many of the same ways we are.

You have to realize that the design guys and marketing guys we talk to at the show are not the ones making the "big decisions". The guys we see and talk to at the show ARE the ones that really care and are geniuine excied about what they are making and in many cases want the exact same toys we want. When it comes to "year its "what the f@ck are they doing?" I have tobelieve they are doing the best they can with the directives they are given.

Love the figures but not a fan they are going to be in a two pack. Please, Please, Please I want all the figures in single carded figures... love the retro look.

I second that!

As long as Hasbro isn't packaging any COBRA troop builders in the comic packs then I really don't see a major problem with the comic packs.

the problem is that if Hasbro didn't give us them in two packs, then it wouldn't give people a reason to piss and moan. we are getting the other two Dreadnoks, in original colors, and still people have to complain because of the packaging.

Great stuff. Great.

Only thing that's worrying me is that Torch's torch (duh) has that molded-on plastic cable, just like the vintage figure. I hope they go with a bendable black cable, just like Ripper has.

Any info on this?

These were my exact thoughts over here yojoe.com just minutes ago. This is a big deal to me.

I second that!

the problem is that if Hasbro didn't give us them in two packs, then it wouldn't give people a reason to piss and moan. we are getting the other two Dreadnoks, in original colors, and still people have to complain because of the packaging.

I'm not P&M, I would just prefer to have all the figures released as single carded. Since I'm just buying them to display carded, they would look better and more uniform that way.

Great stuff. Great.

Any info on this?

These were my exact thoughts over here yojoe.com just minutes ago. This is a big deal to me.

No info though as you can see from the images, the cable on Torch got broke when one of the designers was trying to put the pin in the hole of the backpack and the pin part snapped off, so that might have been a wake up call to em to change it right there. Also they made it very clear this weekend that they are reading your comments, complaints, suggestions ect ect on the boards, so knock you self out with giving your feedback on here. You all might even want to start a thread titled something like comments for Hasbro (Just keep the comments polite and productive).

Great stuff. Great.

Any info on this?

No info though as you can see from the images, the cable on Torch got broke when one of the designers was trying to put the pin in the hole of the backpack and the pin part snapped off, so that might have been a wake up call to em to change it right there. Also they made it very clear this weekend that they are reading your comments, complaints, suggestions ect ect on the boards, so knock you self out with giving your feedback on here. You all might even want to start a thread titled something like comments for Hasbro (Just keep the comments polite and productive).

Well good and bad news for you on Hasbro reading your comments here. Of the 4 guys I really got to speak to from the Hasbro team, none of them had heard of TNI. They look mostly at the more joe focused boards. So unless there are other people on the Hasbro team that come here, I don't think TNI is a frequent spot for them unfortunatly.

But on a more positive note I told Michael, one of the marketing guys, all about TNI and he actually wrote down "Toy News International" in his little note book he was carrying around with him. So at the very least if he goes back and looks at his notebook, he has our site written down. I also talked TNI up with Adam Pagano and Steve Bono. Don't know if they will actually look here but at least they know about us now! I tried guys! I realy did!

I second that!

'

I definitely agree. I hate that these two NOKS are wasted on a comic pack. I want them single carded.

the comic packs should be for other versions of characters already released in the single packs.. repaints etc... or for figures that never appeared on single packs

I want Torch and Ripper in single packs, up on my wall next to Buzzer