Hasbro Legends Fantastic 4 hit stores!

DRAMA fo yo MAMA

Thx for the "chart" pic , thanos :)

The "Things size" issue was more that I didn`t know his original size, and picturing him as a big guy, not as tall and big as hulk, but at least taller than most of all characters. I knew what his original size was when almost everyone was pleased with this new figure.

Then i went to a rescent source, and took the civil war fantastic four issues, and he is drawn as a regular guy, and then, he is drawn as a big guy , like in the world war hulk pic, so..anyway. ...I can live with Thing being a regular guy...(i still like him big, hehehe) and can`t wait to get this new fig.

Here's a couple more pics that show Ben drawn at his comic accurate 6ft hgt. In this pic, he's about as tall as Reed who's around 6'1 if that.

FF527variant.gif

In this one where the Basilisk is hefting him up, does Ben look Hulk sized in his arms? Don't think so.

Marvelteamup47.gif

Ben is a massive 500lbs rock of muscle, but he is not a huge character hgt wise, no matter what hgt you see certain artsit drawing him at that exaggerate his 6ft hgt.

It's artist like Deodato that have really exaggerated the hgt scale on Hulk & drawn him at the 10 ft hgt in the comics that have now messed it up for poor Ben, cuz now everyone sees Ben as a midget when compared to Deodato's artisticaly exaggerated Hulk! His Hulk even makes Ironman look like an armored child in these pics!

Hulk-Deodoto-1.jpg

Hulk-Deodoto-2-1.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found these at walmart Thursday - Pics

Waiting you have the best Marvel Legends site on the entire internet for a reason!

Why the F!@# is Silver Surfer so short AGAIN! Namor is supposed to be 6'2 and Surfer is 6'4!!!! Hasbro made him barely 6'!!!!!! Screw all that arguing over Thing's height this is WAY more important!

Waiting you have the best Marvel Legends site on the entire internet for a reason!

Why the F!@# is Silver Surfer so short AGAIN! Namor is supposed to be 6'2 and Surfer is 6'4!!!! Hasbro made him barely 6'!!!!!! Screw all that arguing over Thing's height this is WAY more important!

Funny, I was about to bring up the Surfer being shrimpified, but I've been so busy debating about Thing finally being done in the correct scale, that I haven't even thought about SS smaller scale. It's a great looking sculpt, but just like what occured with FO modular Ironman, they sculpted him too small! As you said, SS is 6'4 & this figure looks like it barely reaches 6"".

These won't be replacing my FF set in the mansion display, I still prefer the FF figs I'm currently using; ML5 Reed, ML2 Johnny, box set Thing, and FF Classics clear Invisible Woman. Johnny is actually a really nice figure, but the head ruins him for me. Too bad, because I think both Icons Johnnys are really really nice, so I don't know why they went with a new head sculpt for the 6 inche version. I'd love to have a 6" of the flame-on Icon. Just like I'd love to have a 6" version of the SuperHero Showdown Thing. This Thing isn't bad, but the unpainted shiney orange is a little too Happy Meal, and I'm just not a fan or the lower jaw sticking out so far. I know he's been drawn that way, but I'm old and his 70's look is just what Thing shouldl look like to me. Reed is pretty nice too, but Hasbro's shiney plastic skin just ruins the face for me. I could see maybe doing a head swap though.

Doom is really nice if you keep his mask on. But again, the lack of paint is a big minus. The silver plastic has swirls in it and just looks cheap, and the lack of shading on the green cloth also cheapens the look. I've never painted a fig, but I'm definitely considering painting this Doom; he's got so much potential.

ML2 Namor for me is one of the best head sculpts ever, so its hard to top. As much as I'd prefer to have Namor in green trunks, this one is just too much of a step backward.

Mole Man is cool. He's a long awaiting character for me, and Hasbro actually did a pretty nice job on him. Yeah, his artic is pretty nill, but its Mole Man, he doesn't need much. I thought he was too big, actually I thought the scale on most of these were whack, but when I did the scale line-up I was surprised to see its actually pretty good. I think he looks good because Namor seems so petite, but he'll look fantastic in the display. Again, he'd benefit from a little paint, but he's a great fig for being Hasbro. Rotund figs are hard to artic, just look at Kingpin.

Surfer is really nice. The board only has one peg though, so I don't know how I'm going to keep the board on both feet when I hang him. I really don't want to glue it on. I loved photographing him, he looks mucho badass.

I've got big love for Ronan. Ronan rocks. Tall sombich, but he's awesome. I don't seem to notice the lack of paint as much on him for some reason. Good character, cool fig.

Thx for the "chart" pic , thanos :)

The "Things size" issue was more that I didn`t know his original size, and picturing him as a big guy, not as tall and big as hulk, but at least taller than most of all characters. I knew what his original size was when almost everyone was pleased with this new figure.

Then i went to a rescent source, and took the civil war fantastic four issues, and he is drawn as a regular guy, and then, he is drawn as a big guy , like in the world war hulk pic, so..anyway. ...I can live with Thing being a regular guy...(i still like him big, hehehe) and can`t wait to get this new fig.

Here's a couple more pics that show Ben drawn at his comic accurate 6ft hgt. In this pic, he's about as tall as Reed who's around 6'1 if that.

FF527variant.gif

In this one where the Basilisk is hefting him up, does Ben look Hulk sized in his arms? Don't think so.

Marvelteamup47.gif

Ben is a massive 500lbs rock of muscle, but he is not a huge character hgt wise, no matter what hgt you see certain artsit drawing him at that exaggerate his 6ft hgt.

It's artist like Deodato that have really exaggerated the hgt scale on Hulk & drawn him at the 10 ft hgt in the comics that have now messed it up for poor Ben, cuz now everyone sees Ben as a midget when compared to Deodato's artisticaly exaggerated Hulk! His Hulk even makes Ironman look like an armored child in these pics!

Hulk-Deodoto-1.jpg

Hulk-Deodoto-2-1.jpg

Damn, Hulks is as tall as a house!! That`s exaggerated!!

And about Thing`s size, let`s just shake hands. You keep ur normal 6 ft Thing while I still like the "a bit taller than everyone else but not as huge as Hulk" Thing. :)

Now, let`s discuss Thing`s "Your grounded" face, shall we? haha

I've already changed my mind, Mr Fantastic is now in the display.

Namor is also getting a trial run.

How bout Doom & Ben? They're great IMO.

Yeah, Doom, Mole Man and Ronan The Accuser (I almost named our new kitten Ronan the Accuser, but went with Ultron 5 instead) all are up. Thing just isn't my cup 'o tea (see above post), and Surfer I just need to figure out how I'm going to attach his board before I hang him.

These won't be replacing my FF set in the mansion display, I still prefer the FF figs I'm currently using; ML5 Reed, ML2 Johnny, box set Thing, and FF Classics clear Invisible Woman. Johnny is actually a really nice figure, but the head ruins him for me. Too bad, because I think both Icons Johnnys are really really nice, so I don't know why they went with a new head sculpt for the 6 inche version. I'd love to have a 6" of the flame-on Icon. Just like I'd love to have a 6" version of the SuperHero Showdown Thing. This Thing isn't bad, but the unpainted shiney orange is a little too Happy Meal, and I'm just not a fan or the lower jaw sticking out so far. I know he's been drawn that way, but I'm old and his 70's look is just what Thing shouldl look like to me. Reed is pretty nice too, but Hasbro's shiney plastic skin just ruins the face for me. I could see maybe doing a head swap though.

Doom is really nice if you keep his mask on. But again, the lack of paint is a big minus. The silver plastic has swirls in it and just looks cheap, and the lack of shading on the green cloth also cheapens the look. I've never painted a fig, but I'm definitely considering painting this Doom; he's got so much potential.

ML2 Namor for me is one of the best head sculpts ever, so its hard to top. As much as I'd prefer to have Namor in green trunks, this one is just too much of a step backward.

Mole Man is cool. He's a long awaiting character for me, and Hasbro actually did a pretty nice job on him. Yeah, his artic is pretty nill, but its Mole Man, he doesn't need much. I thought he was too big, actually I thought the scale on most of these were whack, but when I did the scale line-up I was surprised to see its actually pretty good. I think he looks good because Namor seems so petite, but he'll look fantastic in the display. Again, he'd benefit from a little paint, but he's a great fig for being Hasbro. Rotund figs are hard to artic, just look at Kingpin.

Surfer is really nice. The board only has one peg though, so I don't know how I'm going to keep the board on both feet when I hang him. I really don't want to glue it on. I loved photographing him, he looks mucho badass.

I've got big love for Ronan. Ronan rocks. Tall sombich, but he's awesome. I don't seem to notice the lack of paint as much on him for some reason. Good character, cool fig.

Your fine with how short Surfer was made once again? With no hand articulation and him being so short when I get them all in the mail next week he's going straight to the back of my display with series 5 left up front with his superior magnet board and articulated hands! I might try a head swap but I know the two silvers are different colors and I'd have to repaint it myself which I'm not a fan of.

I've already changed my mind, Mr Fantastic is now in the display.

Namor is also getting a trial run.

Yeah, Doom, Mole Man and Ronan The Accuser (I almost named our new kitten Ronan the Accuser, but went with Ultron 5 instead) all are up. Thing just isn't my cup 'o tea (see above post), and Surfer I just need to figure out how I'm going to attach his board before I hang him.

LOL!

I really do like the new Mr. Fantastic, so I hope he looks even better when he's bent up and one of his arms is wrapped around Invisible Woman two or three times over.

I don't like the design on Thing, but I like his scale, and I thought the other Thing figures were under-detailed, so this one will replace my old one.

The ONLY way the Johnny head sculpt would work is if it was entirely a flamed on version. I find it hard to believe that they didn't plan to make a variant for flaming on, so maybe he'll be the next TRU exclusive? It just is weird to have a partially flamed Johnny. All the package art even has him flamed on, and he's named "Human Torch", not Johnny Storm on the package. I just don't understand. And a solid Invisible Woman with no phasing variants? Maybe some running changes are in the works...?

Namor already has a spot waiting in my Avengers display. I just have to have him in the green trunks, I figure I'll get used to the "different" sculpt. The detail is definitely nowhere near the ML2 Namor, but... embrace change, I guess! How uncharacteristically optimistic of me...

Where are the villains landing in the display, Waiting?

It took awhile to juggle all the FF villians on the armory roof, but I think I've got everone up there where you can see them well.

Furthest left I've got Blackheart, Mephisto and Vengence

Then comes Mole Man (netherworld dweller, just like Mephisto and pals), then Dr Doom, and Kang at the right corner. Behind Kang along the right ledge are two Skulls and Super Skrull.

Flying above them all is Annihilus.

On the upper roof behind the armory are Dragon Man, Ronan, then Thanos.

@hmmm@ It doesn't matter what size Ben Grimm is drawn or what size his toy is He can't match the HULK!!! To the hulk he's still a pebble. lol

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

@hmmm@ It doesn't matter what size Ben Grimm is drawn or what size his toy is He can't match the HULK!!! To the hulk he's still a pebble. lol

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

hahahahaha...

no, not the HOm one, close, but not that one, this new one. Admit he has a puppy face, admit it...admit it!!! :)

Funny, I was about to bring up the Surfer being shrimpified, but I've been so busy debating about Thing finally being done in the correct scale, that I haven't even thought about SS smaller scale. It's a great looking sculpt, but just like what occured with FO modular Ironman, they sculpted him too small! As you said, SS is 6'4 & this figure looks like it barely reaches 6"".

Ok, this really pisses me off!! All of a sudden Victor Von Doom is taller than Thor! They already messed up with Herc's size the first time! How the heck did the ruler of Latveria suddenly shoot up in height and when did that happen? Did he gain godhood status and grew half a foot taller?? Hasbro's got too many issues with scale here!

Ok, this really pisses me off!! All of a sudden Victor Von Doom is taller than Thor! They already messed up with Herc's size the first time! How the heck did the ruler of Latveria suddenly shoot up in height and when did that happen? Did he gain godhood status and grew half a foot taller?? Hasbro's got too many issues with scale here!

Doom is 6'2", 6'7" in his armor... Thor has been mis-made by Toybiz each and every time they've done him, so Hercules (who's a Demigod...by the way?!) Is supposed to be taller than mortal men, almost eye to eye with Thor. Who was closest in ML3 and finally got his dimensions right in HML2...SCHOOLED!!!

While for the most part I like the look of the new FF line, I'm not fond of Johnny or Thing. Johnny's head as others have said is terrible, and the Thing.....well, he's just TOO orange. I'm much more content with my TB first wave FF Classics Thing, but if I get these I'll want the BAF, so I'll hafta get them all, hmmmmm. @hmmm@

Doom is 6'2", 6'7" in his armor... Thor has been mis-made by Toybiz each and every time they've done him, so Hercules (who's a Demigod...by the way?!) Is supposed to be taller than mortal men, almost eye to eye with Thor. Who was closest in ML3 and finally got his dimensions right in HML2...SCHOOLED!!!

The Thor in the Giant Man Series is rightly 6.5" which coincides with his true height of 6'6" break out a ruler or caliper! The other Thors are 7' feet and above. Marvel Legends is still in 6" scale I believe or 1/12 in modelers' jargon. Hercules should be a shade shorter than 6.5 inch Thor (Giant Man Series). And if Tony Stark is 6'1", he should 6'6" in Legends if you want to be technical about it.

The Thor in the Giant Man Series is rightly 6.5" which coincides with his true height of 6'6" break out a ruler or caliper! The other Thors are 7' feet and above. Marvel Legends is still in 6" scale I believe or 1/12 in modelers' jargon. Hercules should be a shade shorter than 6.5 inch Thor (Giant Man Series). And if Tony Stark is 6'1", he should 6'6" in Legends if you want to be technical about it.

You beat me to it annihilator! The Wally Thor is in perfect scale, as you stated, the other 2 Thors are too tall being in the 7 inch hgt. Hello people, Thor is 6'6, let me spell that, six foot, six inches tall! where in the world do some of you get the notion that his figures should be sculpted to depict him as being a 7 footer?

Herc is 6'5 & I had to customize my Herc down to size cuz Hasbro made him with such a long torso, that it put him near the 7'' scale as well. Now My Herc is scale compatible when posed with his fellow Avengers & especially Thor. ML2 Namor was also too tall, being that he's 6'2 in the comics, so I scaled him down as well. I think they all look great now when posed in group pics. I also hated the puny Vision TB made and since I doubt we'll ever see another Vision done in the ML line, I customized my own! Vision is 6'3 300lbs, now mine fits that description. Classic FA Wonderman is a commission I had done by the great Raynir!

Avengersbigguns.jpg