Hasbro Legends Fantastic 4 hit stores!

DRAMA fo yo MAMA

Is Namor worth it or not I m still debating between buying the new one or the old one. HELP!!!

nah, he sucks... one of the worst figures Hasbro has done.

the ML2 version is far superior in everyway (except costume choice)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with clam regarding the Namor from Series 2 is better, taller and has a better tan.

However I dont mind the costume since you can put him alongside Dr. Strange, Mr. Fantastic (Series 5), Modern Armor Iron Man with Red Torso, Prof X for your New Avengers Illuminati collection. With Black Bolt coming then its complete.

allF4MLs.jpg

awesone!!! the silver Surfer is really fantastic!

what never made a Invisible womam same an the comic??? compareinvisibles.jpgonly Jesica Alba version is aceptable, noy excelent, the thing is ugly, the colors is more brigth and the head is very small, the human torch is less liked, the mole man and Doom is good, but no seen more liked what the old version, Ronan is cool, namor suck.

Well most characters have evolved in looks and size. Hulks wasn`t that big when he started, and look at him now, towering almost every Marvel character. I think Thing should have been bigger, cause he has been drawn almost as big as Hulk.

giant1.jpg

ThingHulkBookend.gif

hulk2-122pic3.GIF

350px-Mcnivencivilwar.jpg

everything points Thing`s size has been changed thru the years, from his early origin to the modern days.

From what I recall of my ML history, Hulk back in the 60s was originaly around 6'6 & Grey, then Green. So when he & the FF 1st clashed, Ben, at 6 ' wasn't so small next to him, then around the 70's, Hulk shot up to the standard 7 foot tall, 1,100lbs wgt while Ben stayed at 6', 500lbs. Therefore, the size contrast. I'm old school, I just prefer my version of Ben based on his classic Byrne/Perez look & not the "Hulk" size some artist today like to draw him at.

I don't collect the Ultimate MU, so it doesn't faze me that Ben is drawn as big as the ultimate Hulk. In the 616 MU, I prefer him to stay at his 6 ft hgt. The new FF wave Thing is finally in the correct scale & I can't wait to get it!

The problem with altering Ben's hgt these last few yrs is that the artist don't give a specific reason , nor do the stories mention it. Maybe if they did a story where the cosmic rays caused him to grow bigger, but no, they have done stories where the cosmic rays caused him to get all spikey & I could except if they made a spikey Thing figure, cuz it would be justifiable , or a Thing wearing a helmet to hide the wounds caused by Wolvy when they fought, cuz it happened in the comics. But for Marvel to just let the artist take artistic liberties with Ben & turn him Hulk sized, is wrong IMO. Like I stated before, Byrne & Perez drew the Thing at his correct scale & still drew him as a powerful looking character. They didn't have to upgrade him in hgt to convey power, such as the current crop of artist are doing.

Ben is my all time favorite member of the fab 4 & I just grew up as a kid with comics of Byrne/Perez drawing him at his 6ft hgt & making him look awesome. I don't dig this "Hulk" sized version the current artist are doing of him.

How would you Die Hard Spidey/Wolvy fans feel if all of a sudden, artist started taking artistic liberties with them & screwing with their hgts & making Wolvy be the same hgt as Cyclops who's 6'3 or Spidey be the same hgt as Cap who's 6'2?

If Marvel didn't care what hgt/wgt their character's were drawn at, then they wouldn't have made personal stats for the characters that are listed on the back of the cards or on the various MU websites.

Look what happened when ML took artistic license with Ultron, that went over real well with the vast majority of us!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Uhm, shadowboy_2099 . . . that third group pic you posted does show the Hulk LARGER and BIGGER than the Thing. Look real close. Ben looks wide but not HUGE as compared to the Hulk. In relation to the other heroes in the picture, he is bulky but just about the same height and not Towering over them.

Yeah, I know, but he`s certainly taller than everyone else, showing Thing`s modern size, his size evolution til now, which is the version I personally like. My point is Thing has been bigger most of his existence, around 30, 35 years. F4 were created around the 60`s. During the 70`s is when the size change happens, leaving a 10 year margin of a "small" Thing.

In the end, is just a matter of tastes how big u want ur Thing, hahahahaha

Did a midnight run to WalMart and found the FF wave, Spider man wave, and the X-Force 2 packs! The 2 packs were fair game, but he said he wasn't allowed to put the other waves out on the floor yet.

that sucks, everyone else who found them got to buy them. Maybe your store just had a different 'release date' for the toys. Hopefully you can go back and snag them all

Uhm, shadowboy_2099 . . . that third group pic you posted does show the Hulk LARGER and BIGGER than the Thing. Look real close. Ben looks wide but not HUGE as compared to the Hulk. In relation to the other heroes in the picture, he is bulky but just about the same height and not Towering over them.

Yeah, I know, but he`s certainly taller than everyone else, showing Thing`s modern size, his size evolution til now, which is the version I personally like. My point is Thing has been bigger most of his existence, around 30, 35 years. F4 were created around the 60`s. During the 70`s is when the size change happens, leaving a 10 year margin of a "small" Thing.

In the end, is just a matter of tastes how big u want ur Thing, hahahahaha

shadowboy_2099, you seem to justify & defend the Thing being drawn bigger due to the fact that various artists in recent yrs have taken artistic liberties with Hulk & started drawing him at these exagarrated 8-9-10 ft scale, so the Thing should be drawn bigger as well? Even the last pic you posted shows Hulk towering over Thing due to the artist drawing him bigger than his MU listed hgt of 7'4, he looks to be arounf 8ft tall in the that pic! Even when that fact is pointed out to you by annihilator, you say:"Yeah, I know, but he`s certainly taller than everyone else".

That pic is drawn from a bird's eye view, of course it's gonna make him to look taller than everyone else. if that's the case, then Puck is bigger than Thing cuz in that pic , he's taller than Thing? Right? Herc is also taller than Hulk cuz you can plainly see him standing over Hulk's shoulder & he looks taller right?

Just cuz you like him being drawn taller, doesn't mean his figure should be as well & if that's the case, then all the previous ML Thing figures that have been sculpted giant sized should be enough for you, why are you complaining about Hasbro finally getting giving us an in scale Thing? Alot of us are happy to finally have a comic accurate scaled Thing figure. Here's some pics of Thing drawn by IMO, the 3 best artist of Ben Grimm & how these 3 masters didn't have to draw Thing giant sized to convey a sense of power. They drew him at his 6ft scale & still made him look powerful & imposing w/o having to make him Hulk sized !

King Kirby FF

Fantastic-fourKriby.gif

John Byrne FF

ff_comicfeatures27.jpg

Thing_400.jpg

George Perez FF

Fantastic-four_GeorgePerez.jpg

No 7ft Thing by any of these artist, yet Ben looks like he can go toe to toe with Hulk!

You stated:My point is Thing has been bigger most of his existence, around 30, 35 years

Really? These pics by Kirby, Byrne & Perez say otherwise!

Here's another one by an artist unknown to me, looks pretty recent, no giant Thing here either.

Fantastic-four_400.jpg

have any one who is fighting ever ask what period the thing is base on? well see that pariod art work and see if the thing is that size then.

Hmm, lemme see, I just showed you pics of Kirby's version, so that covers the early 60's thru mid-late 70's.

Byrne & Perez took turns drawing the FF starting in the late 70's thru mid 80's, that covers around 30 yrs of drawing the 616 MU Thing in his correct 6 ft scale!

Just cuz the current crop of today's artist take artistic liberties with drawing a Hulk sized Ben, doesn't mean it's the rule or that the Figure has to be sculpted that big every single time they make figureS of the FF! Hasbro finally gives us a comic accurate scaled thing based on his 6ft hgt in the comics & people are B%%$$# about it! Deodato is the main culprit at taking artistic liberties with Hulk/Thing and drawing them at such exaggerated hgts & now people that never read the FF in the 60's-70's-80s & just got into comics in the 90s or later, think that the Thing has always been Hulk sized! Here's the official Marvel universe character website, check it out yourselves!

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Category:Heroes

If artists aren't restricted in how big/small they can draw MU characters, then why do they have personal stats for them that include how tall they are & how much the weigh?

If I'm an artist on FF & I see that Thing is listed as being 6ft tall & 500lbs, then I'm gonna do like the masters, Kirby, Byrne & Perez did & draw him exactly that way! Not say "screw that, I'm gonna draw him as big as the Hulk!

If that's the case, then someday soon, you'll see artist taking liberties with 5'3 Wolvy & drawing him as tall as cyclops who's 6'3 & drawing 5'10 Spidey as big as 6'2 Cap as well! Heck, why not? Some of you don't seem to care how inaccurate the sculpts are anyway, so I'm sure you'll snatch up future figures of Wolvy & Spidey being as tall as Cap & Cyclops!

I agree with Thanos 0341. The scale problems from both Toy biz and Hasbro piss me off! Most of the figures are within range but some are way too short or tall. My favorite Iron Man, the modular armor from face off's is tiny compared to all the other armors. Silver Surfer is too small and only the weapon X wolvie and Logan from series 11 are close to proper scale. Brown suit is shorter than most figures but still too tall to be 5'3. Scale matters and should be taken seriously by all sculpters!

I agree with Thanos 0341. The scale problems from both Toy biz and Hasbro piss me off! Most of the figures are within range but some are way too short or tall. My favorite Iron Man, the modular armor from face off's is tiny compared to all the other armors. Silver Surfer is too small and only the weapon X wolvie and Logan from series 11 are close to proper scale. Brown suit is shorter than most figures but still too tall to be 5'3. Scale matters and should be taken seriously by all sculpters!

Hey J_Rebel, you need to B%%$$ slap these morons with the new Norin Radd's unarticulated left hand !!

Got my set from HTS today. While it was worth buying the whole wave for Ronan, a near perfect figure, I think some of the earlier reviews for about half of the rest were a little too kind.

I really don't have any complaints about Doom or Moleman. I think the stature of the character limits Moleman to some degree and he's not really a character that needs to be super poseable anyway. I only wish he'd come with a Moloid or two especially since it's pretty much a joke when Ronan's head, hammer, and cape are all separate pack-ins with various figures.

I like Johnny's body well enough, but his head sucks. He looks like a troll doll. Should've just been a regular Johnny Storm head, maybe with a couple of small flames like on his wrists, but as is he looks like crap. Might look into a head swap with the boxset version.

Reed is pretty good and I like that they tried something different. Interchangeable parts so he's not permanently twice as tall as the rest would've been nice, but I'm really impressed how well the figure stands up, so I digress.

Thing is okay, but the color of his head seems just a tiny bit off from his body. And the hole his neck sticks out of makes his head seem a little too small from the side. I also would've preferred he be just a slightly duller shade of orange. He's too bright.

I don't mind the paint wash on Namor as much as others do, but in spite of the lack of articulation making his limbs look slightly more real, the severe limitations in articulation from those terrible Hasblow elbow joints and the lack of ball joints at the hips make this figure a huge disappointment. The ML2 version is infinitely superior in sculpting quality which sucks since I really prefer the classic look.

With Sue I pretty much have the same complaint as I have with Namor. The crappy Hasblow articulation limits the figure. Once again the piece of crap elbow joints are the chief offenders. As much as the big H skimped us on the small and overly spread out BAF in this wave, the penny pinching on their end by cutting back on articulation is a real slap in the face.

So overall I think Doom, Ronan, Moleman, and Reed to some extent make the wave worth it, but I'm not sure I'd feel the same way if I'd paid full price. Hasbro's treatment of this line is really starting to wear thin. I'm not sure how much longer I can stay with them if they keep falling so consistenly short of the standards set by Toybiz.

scale aside, how come there were no variants in the FF or SM series, no phasing IW, no non flame JS or full flame-on JS, how bout since the SM figs are just upscaled versions where's my limited edition all black and shinly silver Venom and SM? i'm just saying variants would've been nice

Yes, the Thing is 6ft tall and 500 lbs. but that height and weight has been changed around the years. I grew up picturing Thing as a big guy, from trading cards, and some recent comics. You grew up with him in his original size.

Don`t blame me for the artist`s decision to make him bigger and getting that image.

The upcoming "wolverine and the x-men" toon seems to make Logan as tall as Cyclops, not a short guy. Kids will grow up with that image, and they will be arguing adn discussing against us his height, just as I`m doing now.

This is the thing I grew up with. See his size

HeroesFantasticFourTPB.jpg

ff01.jpg

300px-Fantastic_four_009.jpg

Even in your George Perez pic, Sue is almost standing up straight, while Ben is crouchgin and they are the same size, meaning if he stood up correctly, and knowing Reed is taller than Sue, he`d be even taller than both of them!!

SEP062108_hi_FANTASTIC_FOUR.jpg

Heck, even Hulk has changed his size, and no one is complaining about it...

Like I said, I like Thing in the bigger,bulkier scale.

And if I want another Thing, is because TB`s figure lacks articulation.

scale aside, how come there were no variants in the FF or SM series, no phasing IW, no non flame JS or full flame-on JS, how bout since the SM figs are just upscaled versions where's my limited edition all black and shinly silver Venom and SM? i'm just saying variants would've been nice

EVERY ML wave should have at least one variant, even if it's just a simple repaint. It's a ML standard that should always be applied. At the very least there should of been a clear sue variant.

I picked up the F4 wave at Wal-mart and they are awesome...Here's some pics, most are in my myspace albums or over on the Other forum that sounds like a jet taking off.. #mrsauve#

ffbaf3007pi8.jpg

ffbaf025ku1.jpg

Close match for a moloid right?

ffbaf3024rc4.jpg

ffbaf2036im1.jpg

I like Johnny's body well enough, but his head sucks. He looks like a troll doll. Should've just been a regular Johnny Storm head, maybe with a couple of small flames like on his wrists, but as is he looks like crap. Might look into a head swap with the boxset version.

Has anyone noticed the cardback, which actually shows a regular Johnny Storm head? It looks pretty decent, and shows that Hasbro obviously made a regular hair verson, but ultimately chose to go a different way. I don't know what the heck Hasbro was thinking when they chose the troll hair version over the regular hair. It looks so bad it is laughable. How that one passed quality control is beyond me.

Anyway, we're sure that there won't be any variants, right? Because I'm really hoping that they made a regular head Johnny that we just don't know about yet.

I saw them at a Wal-Mart last night but I only picked up Dr. Doom and the Silver Surfer. I'm debating about keeping the Surfer as the figure is kinda on the bad side.

What about the Silver Surfer figure turned you off to it? Was it something general like the sculpt or something more specific like hands? articulation?

Finally, A Silver Surfer that goes well with my Superman DC Superheroes!

there is a packaging variant for the dr. doom with his mask off just like the ult. iron man. i don't think the spider-man line will get variants as it is not considered a marvel legends line. it is the same scale but nothing on the package says marvel legends.

WWHPANEL08.jpg

as artists in the past occur to account numerous and in the present different liberties have been taken to show the differences of size between Hulk and The Thing, but, by regulating The Hulk he is more BIG in all proportions that the good one of Ben Grim, this nonsingle has been reflected in comics, but also in the animated series recent and of course in the movies of the respective characters, despues of everything, to The Thing I interpret an act that used a suit that simulated its rocky appearance, but to The Hulk, they had it to do by computer so that IT ADJUSTED To the VERSION OFFICIAL OF THE COMIC. And the advertising interests of the same one

thanos0341, that artist you didn't know from that last pic is Gary Frank.

Thanks. Wow, I know very well who Gary Frank is, he had a great run on Hulk back in the 90s & I have every issue he drew! Awesome artist!

Shadowboy_2099, you state: Yes, the Thing is 6ft tall and 500 lbs.

Don`t blame me for the artist`s decision to make him bigger and getting that image.

I don't blame you for anything, I understand fully well that it's certain artist's fault for taking artistic liberties with Ben's hgt in the comics & exaggerating his hgt to Hulk like scale! But you yourself acknoweledged that he's 6ft, 500 lbs in the comics, so why are you having issues with the Hasbro Thing finally being done at his proper scale? Just cuz certain artists draw him huge nowadays, doesn't all of a sudden mean he should have Hulk sized figures made of him, even though the 1st 4 versions of Ben have been done exactly like that.

Thor is 6'6 in the comics & Thing stands 6 inches shorter, yet his figures are either the same size as the son of Odin or even taller. Sorry, that is inacurate scale sculpting& has irrated the crap out of me!

Just look at this pic,in the comics, Thor is 6'6, Herc is 6'5 & Spidey 5'10 & Thing should be just a couple of inches taller than Spidey, yet this oversized Thing figure is taller than both Thor & Herc! C'mon now!

Refpic14.jpg

I hope someone who has Hasbro Thing can post some pics of him next to Wally Thor, so you can see how big Thing should be next to Thor. I scaled down Herc some cuz he was scaled too tall as well.

Thx for the "chart" pic , thanos :)

The "Things size" issue was more that I didn`t know his original size, and picturing him as a big guy, not as tall and big as hulk, but at least taller than most of all characters. I knew what his original size was when almost everyone was pleased with this new figure.

Then i went to a rescent source, and took the civil war fantastic four issues, and he is drawn as a regular guy, and then, he is drawn as a big guy , like in the world war hulk pic, so..anyway. ...I can live with Thing being a regular guy...(i still like him big, hehehe) and can`t wait to get this new fig.