Hasbro Legends Fantastic 4 hit stores!

DRAMA fo yo MAMA

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw these all except Doom last night at walmart, they also had the full set of Spiderman, build a fig set as well. I picked up thing, mr. fantastic, sue storm, and silver surfer, I think they are all great much better than I thought especially out of the box. Didn't really like the looks of human torch. Thing felt small, atually they all do but still, very happy with them, I think they were worth it, can't wait to get Doom. Still debating on Namor I think sieries 2 Namor is still better looking. Good luck on the hunt.

Which ones do you think will be the rare figs in this wave?

Thing is very small, next to all the big guys like jugs and the blob, hulk, rhino he is a shrimp , surfer is small too, Mr. F and Sue fit perfect with TB legends,

Ben Grimm was never meant to be as big as Juggernaut or the Blob, or the Hulk or the Rhino . . . read the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, True believer . . . and be enlightened ! ! !

yeah, reading the Handbook is great and all, but a lot of us also go by what we have seen in the comics. for years now Thing has been massive.

Stop reading Ultimate Marvel, he's 7'6 there. MU 616 Thing is 6ft, 500lbs. This Thing figure is the perfect scale!

aojb_marvelheroes.jpg

ff_comicfeatures27.jpg

.... but Ultimate Marvel is brilliant....

and also, the thing in the 616universe has been huge, too. he was huge there before the Ultimate universe existed.

I know what I am talking about, no worries.

Good Point, tarot. But yeah, I think this Thing marks the final Thing we actually need. with this one, everyone can be happy methinks.

Yup, these are becoming good times with ML....

ah i have picked up ss, my only complaint with him is he's got a long neck, is anybody's neck really that long @smilepunch@ other than that i'm satisfied, i rate him as a tie to the reg ml ss where my only complaint is the funny shaped alien head......can't wait to pick up doom, i passed on him for the moment but i will pick him up later he looked good even if he doesn't have double elbow and knees

all this crap over the scale of the thing. it's a toy for crying out loud. who cares what size he is once his there.

I love some of the pointless arguments on here like that. No sarcasm involved, I love them lol.

My favorite was the argument over whether or not the Jim Lee Storm costume is white or black. That was a good one.

all this crap over the scale of the thing. it's a toy for crying out loud. who cares what size he is once his there.

I love some of the pointless arguments on here like that. No sarcasm involved, I love them lol.

My favorite was the argument over whether or not the Jim Lee Storm costume is white or black. That was a good one.

It's black.

Pointless arguments are what fanboys do best!

It's black.

white

agreed

wow! cool post of John Byrne art!

IMO, John Byrne & George Perez are the 2 artist that drew the best rendition of Ben Grimm ever! They drew him at his correct scale, yet, they drew him powerful looking. Too many artist now, feel they have to draw him almost Hulk sized, just to convey a sense of power. Byrne & Perez didn't have to.

To Tarot who said:

DCDirect must love you. Your exactly the type of customer they try to sell their scale incompatible, limiited POA, line of over priced figures to.

Your the type that wouldn't mind a Hulk sized Spidey then, right? Or Wolvy? Heck, it's a toy for crying out loud. who cares what size he is once his there.

Well most characters have evolved in looks and size. Hulks wasn`t that big when he started, and look at him now, towering almost every Marvel character. I think Thing should have been bigger, cause he has been drawn almost as big as Hulk.

giant1.jpg

ThingHulkBookend.gif

hulk2-122pic3.GIF

350px-Mcnivencivilwar.jpg

everything points Thing`s size has been changed thru the years, from his early origin to the modern days.

Well most characters have evolved in looks and size. Hulks wasn`t that big when he started, and look at him now, towering almost every Marvel character. I think Thing should have been bigger, cause he has been drawn almost as big as Hulk.

giant1.jpg

ThingHulkBookend.gif

hulk2-122pic3.GIF

everything points Thing`s size has been changed thru the years, from his early origin to the modern days.

From what I recall of my ML history, Hulk back in the 60s was originaly around 6'6 & Grey, then Green. So when he & the FF 1st clashed, Ben, at 6 ' wasn't so small next to him, then around the 70's, Hulk shot up to the standard 7 foot tall, 1,100lbs wgt while Ben stayed at 6', 500lbs. Therefore, the size contrast. I'm old school, I just prefer my version of Ben based on his classic Byrne/Perez look & not the "Hulk" size some artist today like to draw him at.

I don't collect the Ultimate MU, so it doesn't faze me that Ben is drawn as big as the ultimate Hulk. In the 616 MU, I prefer him to stay at his 6 ft hgt. The new FF wave Thing is finally in the correct scale & I can't wait to get it!

The problem with altering Ben's hgt these last few yrs is that the artist don't give a specific reason , nor do the stories mention it. Maybe if they did a story where the cosmic rays caused him to grow bigger, but no, they have done stories where the cosmic rays caused him to get all spikey & I could except if they made a spikey Thing figure, cuz it would be justifiable , or a Thing wearing a helmet to hide the wounds caused by Wolvy when they fought, cuz it happened in the comics. But for Marvel to just let the artist take artistic liberties with Ben & turn him Hulk sized, is wrong IMO. Like I stated before, Byrne & Perez drew the Thing at his correct scale & still drew him as a powerful looking character. They didn't have to upgrade him in hgt to convey power, such as the current crop of artist are doing.

Ben is my all time favorite member of the fab 4 & I just grew up as a kid with comics of Byrne/Perez drawing him at his 6ft hgt & making him look awesome. I don't dig this "Hulk" sized version the current artist are doing of him.

How would you Die Hard Spidey/Wolvy fans feel if all of a sudden, artist started taking artistic liberties with them & screwing with their hgts & making Wolvy be the same hgt as Cyclops who's 6'3 or Spidey be the same hgt as Cap who's 6'2?

If Marvel didn't care what hgt/wgt their character's were drawn at, then they wouldn't have made personal stats for the characters that are listed on the back of the cards or on the various MU websites.

Look what happened when ML took artistic license with Ultron, that went over real well with the vast majority of us!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Namor is worth it! in green trunks! I'd just redo his paint wash and have him more tanned, like say Hercules. I'd redraw hi outrageous brows with less arch, like Jim Lee did and I would add a pony tail as in Jae Lee's version! Finally, I'd get him a cape. It would also be an easy customize and resculpt to have him in his black armor suit to deemphasize the ugly knee joints and ankles!

wow! cool post of John Byrne art!

IMO, John Byrne & George Perez are the 2 artist that drew the best rendition of Ben Grimm ever! They drew him at his correct scale, yet, they drew him powerful looking. Too many artist now, feel they have to draw him almost Hulk sized, just to convey a sense of power. Byrne & Perez didn't have to.

To Tarot who said:

DCDirect must love you. Your exactly the type of customer they try to sell their scale incompatible, limiited POA, line of over priced figures to.

Your the type that wouldn't mind a Hulk sized Spidey then, right? Or Wolvy? Heck, it's a toy for crying out loud. who cares what size he is once his there.

uhm... what about kirby @smilepunch@

giant1.jpg

ThingHulkBookend.gif

hulk2-122pic3.GIF

From what I recall of my ML history, Hulk back in the 60s was originaly around 6'6 & Grey, then Green. So when he & the FF 1st clashed, Ben, at 6 ' wasn't so small next to him, then around the 70's, Hulk shot up to the standard 7 foot tall, 1,100lbs wgt while Ben stayed at 6', 500lbs. Therefore, the size contrast. I'm old school, I just prefer my version of Ben based on his classic Byrne/Perez look & not the "Hulk" size some artist today like to draw him at.

I don't collect the Ultimate MU, so it doesn't faze me that Ben is drawn as big as the ultimate Hulk. In the 616 MU, I prefer him to stay at his 6 ft hgt. The new FF wave Thing is finally in the correct scale & I can't wait to get it!

The problem with altering Ben's hgt these last few yrs is that the artist don't give a specific reason , nor do the stories mention it. Maybe if they did a story where the cosmic rays caused him to grow bigger, but no, they have done stories where the cosmic rays caused him to get all spikey & I could except if they made a spikey Thing figure, cuz it would be justifiable , or a Thing wearing a helmet to hide the wounds caused by Wolvy when they fought, cuz it happened in the comics. But for Marvel to just let the artist take artistic liberties with Ben & turn him Hulk sized, is wrong IMO. Like I stated before, Byrne & Perez drew the Thing at his correct scale & still drew him as a powerful looking character. They didn't have to upgrade him in hgt to convey power, such as the current crop of artist are doing.

Ben is my all time favorite member of the fab 4 & I just grew up as a kid with comics of Byrne/Perez drawing him at his 6ft hgt & making him look awesome. I don't dig this "Hulk" sized version the current artist are doing of him.

How would you Die Hard Spidey/Wolvy fans feel if all of a sudden, artist started taking artistic liberties with them & screwing with their hgts & making Wolvy be the same hgt as Cyclops who's 6'3 or Spidey be the same hgt as Cap who's 6'2?

If Marvel didn't care what hgt/wgt their character's were drawn at, then they wouldn't have made personal stats for the characters that are listed on the back of the cards or on the various MU websites.

Look what happened when ML took artistic license with Ultron, that went over real well with the vast majority of us!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Uhm, shadowboy_2099 . . . that third group pic you posted does show the Hulk LARGER and BIGGER than the Thing. Look real close. Ben looks wide but not HUGE as compared to the Hulk. In relation to the other heroes in the picture, he is bulky but just about the same height and not Towering over them.

It's black.

white

agreed

if it's the one i'm thinking of, she was silver like the cartoon and MVC2 ver. and silver is just a shiny gray/grey which is the mix or blend of black and white, so there everybody's happy as far as the hulk/ever loving blue eyed thing debate, doesn't hulk get bigger as he gets madder and hasn't he had a rage for oh say 30yrs so he's gotten 30yrs worth taller, who say's men stop growing at the tender age of 21