Hasbro Panel News With Images

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey the arms on Crankcase!!! They can be used for FLINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh please Hasbro re-release Flint with those arms, they are perfect!!!

When will Quick Kick be released??? :D

Crankcase for the AWE is definitely a nice touch. They didn't have to include him. Pretty cool. According to the article...

The AWE Striker might have some problems with the 25th Anniversary figures fitting in it, the other vehicles shown today should have no problem with them fitting.
he might not fit though.

I'm gassed on DTC wave 4 availability too. I wonder if it will sell as a case or as singles. I want many Officers!

No "true" H.I.S.S. Driver? Lame. Maybe they will put out the Stinger again and do the H.I.S.S. Driver with it and we can just switch them.

Snow Job's hood is kinda odd, but not bad. Isn't that foot peg on the ski too far forward?

What's the deal with using Flash's original gear? It's nostalgically cool and all but that setup sucked back in 1982.

The Sharc again! That things been released like what, 8 times and they STILL didn't put in a seat?

Giraffee-man, oops, I mean Destro looks great. They even got a nice looking crotch piece it looks like.

Is it weird that so many of use are fixated on that "area"? @firedevil@

Comic packs are, pretty :rolleyes: Snake Eyes looks good though.

Doc is great. All that DETAIL.

Master Collector gets DTC Wave 4? @grumpy@

The TRU Exclusives are...meh. I see pegwarmers.

I guess the question about interchangeable hands and heads was in reference to Cobra Commander and Shipwreck.

Now here's a question for those of you in-the-know (as in: those who are attending the con!)...

What exactly did they mean when they said they'll be fixing the crotches? Does this mean the single-pack re-releases of the 5pack figs will come with fixed crotches, for instance? Or does this also include single-carded wave 1, 2 and 3 figures? Are they re-releasing everything with fixed crotches n' stuff or what?

Frow what I understand, but did not ask the Hasbro Guys specifically...the fixes will not be in the Single Packs of the 5 pack figs. Those are going to be straight repacks, to fill the void between wave 3 and 2008 Wave 1 (Hasbro's naming convention).

When asked about the crotches they said it would be mid-wave 3. That the choice was get the figures "Fixed" or "now" and they chose "now".

They've got snowjob in the case now with his hood on wrong...I tried to point that out, but the Hasbro guys were getting beat down enough, so maybe they'll figure it out.

I do wish they would spend a bit more and get some true 25th anni vehicles instead of the old stuff!!! I liked the old vehicles as a kid, but they can do so much better now!!

Imagine a brand new Cobra Rattler with a new Wild Weasel!! Ahhhh one can dream!!

You know, keep it cheap and let us kid....er adults build them like when we were kids! I assume that is one of the reasons why the vehicles were very cheap, we had to build them and apply the decals ourselves. That was one of the biggest selling points for me, I loved putting together the vehicles!!

A few more bits of news. Master Collector is going to be releasing the Robot Rebellion Cobra Commander figure as an exclusive. Also Savage wants to start rotating the Joe Con and Botcon, one in the summer and one in the spring and have them switch off with one another. 2009 because of the movie, Joe Con will be in the summer, not sure about 2008 yet.

Hey the arms on Crankcase!!! They can be used for FLINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh please Hasbro re-release Flint with those arms, they are perfect!!!

The upper half of Crankcase is Shipwreck which means one of the hands is a fist and won't be able to fit on the steering wheel. The lower half of Crankcase is the Cobra Trooper.

The Snow Job and Crimson Guard are sa-WEET! Flash looks good although I wish he came with an updated backpack and rifle. Grandslam is an obvious choice, but I rather he came with the jet pack the Air Vipers come with and not the SHARC. I just noticed Flash/Grandslam use CC's lower legs, Zartan's thighs, and Destro's lower arms.

I like the HISS, but I, too, wish they would make all new sculpt vehicles based on the originals for the 25th. I'd love a larger HISS with 2 seats and the bottom of the cockpit lowers. Also have a compartment in back for at least 4 troops.

I wish we would get at least the first three Dreadnoks. We've got Buzzer already. The comic pack would be a great opportunity to get Torch and Ripper, but if you look at the new cover, Torch is obscured under the wing of the Sky Striker. Since there's only two figures per comic pack, looks like we'll get a Buzzer repaint and a Ripper, probably from already created parts like Buzzer's lower half and Roadblock's upper half.

Other than some minor complaints which I'm sure are because of time and money, I'm really excited about the 25th line. I actually feel like I wasted my time and money on JvC/DTC and Sigma 6.

The only thing that would make me happier would be a Clutch with all original parts (Well, mostly because legs really wouldn't matter.) and a kick-@$$ new vehicle. AND to have his File Card say, "Clutch." Not "Double Clutch" or "Lance 'Clutch' Steinburg." I might settle for "Sgt. Clutch."

I do wish we knew the plan for the figures though. Like, if I had known that the 5-pack figures and parts of W1 were going to be released with fixed crotches, I wouldn't have bought the first ones. I'd like to be able to plan out my collection.

This is the HISS Tank driver

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...00&start=60

As for 12" and other scales, the impression I got as we get closer to the movie release there is a likely hood that seeing 12" and 8" figures pop up here and there is a good possibility.

Though no one has asked, Destro will have a red soft goods cape.

Another figure possibility I'm wondering about is which Dreadnoks will be included in the second wave of comic packs. I think it's time Zandar was brought back to the fold and given a new figure.

It's based on issue #30 so no Zandar for that one.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...800&start=0

Ahem.

I hereby proclaim a bounty: anyone who steps forth, finds, and UTTERLY destroys the mold for that hunk o junk that is the Sharc. To them, I will offer my splendid gratitude.

Seriously, must we endure that thing again?

I know they are placeholders until the "improved" vehicles show up--if they are indeed improved or extra detailed........but THOSE vehicles.........again?

Colour me <yawn>