Hasbro Panel News With Images

JayC

I don't mind the Sharc, although I'm anxious to see how the packaging will liike, hopefully it looks vintage.

The packaging for the vehicles was described as branching off a little from the vintage, same colors, but would be window boxes with the products displayed in comic book like scenes.

As for everyone thanking me for the coverage, im glad to do it and thanks you all for checking us out. I had fun hanging out with people from the boards this weekend.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new HISS Driver. In fact I've always said the HISS Driver should had just been a repainted Blueshirt like the Stinger Driver was. The original HISS Driver was IMO the first of a long line of "I have a different specialty so I'm going to wear a uniform that is a totally different color and design than everyone else in Cobra" troopers. I like a more uniformed Cobra Army.

I like the new HISS Driver. In fact I've always said the HISS Driver should had just been a repainted Blueshirt like the Stinger Driver was. The original HISS Driver was IMO the first of a long line of "I have a different specialty so I'm going to wear a uniform that is a totally different color and design than everyone else in Cobra" troopers. I like a more uniformed Cobra Army.

Agreed 100%

And yes, a BIG thanks to JayC for the coverage! Mind you, I hail from the distant land of Argentina... So, "Toy News International" indeed!

JayC rocked the con this year, best coverage on the freakin net tenfold!

the S.H.A.R.C. is kinda old, but ill still get one

the HISS, probably get at least three for a division

the A.W.E ill def get one, maybe two.

If what JayC is what Hasbro meant it means the exclusives are just holding us over for "new"? vehicles

that would be sweet, i mean imagine a 25th Skystriker, Rattler, Stinger or *gasp* Firebat!

And we finally get DTC Wave 4!

Wait...did they say Master Collector?

Ah crap, we finally get Wave 4 and now it will be $25 a figure.

Good Call........I totally agree, I can't even remember who was in Wave 4??

Night Viper, Cobra Officer, Jesus Nickleback, Airtight, and Munitia.

these are good looking figures and alot of great news coming out of the con!

while most of these figures look great there playability and weak construction make them little more then MOC wall fodder! :( maybe the vehicles are good news! :)

Great coverage JayC...thanks man.

TM

For IG Destro, I get the feeling the designers were heavily influenced by the following art:

http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/irong.gif

Mainly because of those 3 "pikes" on his right shoulder. As you know, the original action figure didn't sport them "this" pronounced. they were more "round-shaped". Now, they are more like "spikes", just like in that piece of art from the comic.

I also noticed that JayC added a new pic of IG Destro where you can see him in all his soft goods glory:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/07_Joe_C..._scaled_600.jpg

All I can say is...wow. I'm excited about Hawk, Snowjob, Destro, the A.W.E. Striker, the mail-away Doc...I think I'm most impressed with Snowjob, Destro, and Doc. Those figures are PERFECTION. I'm not too crazy about the new H.I.S.S. or the S.H.A.R.C., although it'll be cool to see vintage-esque vehicles on shelves again.

I'm really excited though about DTC Wave 4 being available. I was one of the few people who actually liked it and thought it was a shame that it wasn't gonna see the light of day. I was hoping that TRU or KB Toys might release it someday. It was a slim hope, but I thought the wave was far enough into production to eventually get released through somebody. But through Master Collector? Ahh...I've not had any experience with them. I just know they can be expensive. I guess it's better than not having a shot at the figures at all though...

Man...I can't get over how cool Snowjob, Destro, and Doc look. Hasbro went above and beyond on those. They really do make the first couple of waves look like place-holders like Hasbro implied. Wow...

And we finally get DTC Wave 4!

Wait...did they say Master Collector?

Ah crap, we finally get Wave 4 and now it will be $25 a figure.

Good Call........I totally agree, I can't even remember who was in Wave 4??

thats about it and dont for get the shipping lol.

Well now that I've had time to soak it all in here are my thoughts:

Green Non-Yellow Stalker: It's better. I still think the camo pattern is wrong and I don't like the non-Camo beret, but it's better then it was.

Crimson Guard: It's an amazing figure. ARAH outfit, proper colors, proper weapons, no closed fist or super posed hands. If he can sit and bend his elbow 90 degrees then he may be a perfect figure.

Snow Job: He actually turned out better then expected. Look great. One of my Favorite Joes so I can't wait to get my hands on him.

IG Destro: I'll pick him up. I was never a big IG fan and always liked V1 Destro better, but he looks pretty damn good and I know I won't be able to pass him over when I see him on the pegs.

Black Snake Eyes: If he was solid black, I'd buy it. The cooper makes this a pass.

Flash: Looks alright. Again, not a big fan of the guy. I'll buy him to get one step closer to having the original 13. Wish he had a new backpack instead of the vintage one.

Boxset single cards: As long as they improve them and don't change the paint schemes. (like they did on the trooper.) I'll buy them. But I wonder if they are not releasing the Baroness cause they are taking her "Back to Formula" so to speak?

Comic Packs: I'll buy the Hawk/Scarlett one, but just to get Hawk. I'll pass on the rest. I want to see the Dreadnok pack before I make up my mind about it.

Doc: Great looking figure. I was expecting less. I was thinking it would be a repaint of Duke (complete with Airborne wings) with a Buzzer head and Duke's helmet and a random gun. It looks like it has he has a new head, they took off the Airborne pin off, new helmet, Took off the holster, and it looks like they fixed the odd wrist joint....just a lot of stuff to make this figure work. Which is awesome! Really excited...as Doc was my first Joe.

Blue Hiss: I'm going back and forth on this one. If I want it or I don't. Guess we'll see when it comes out.

Awe Striker: I'm buying it for the Crank Case, but I have to admit....it looks nice.

Night Spector: Yep, just getting this for Grand Slam.

-I'm a little disappointed in the Vehicles. I'd rather have all new ones, but they are all exclusives and repaints. So there is hope that we get all new ones later on.

Night Force Cobra Troopers: Are these guys outfits black? I can't tell from the picture.

Snake-Eyes with 4 Red Ninja: Yeah....big pass. Not really to big on the whole Ninja thing.

-No Snow Sperpent.......BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I am still very impressed with the 25th ani stuff!! Best stuff since the mid 80's Joe wise. :) The sad thing is, I would be 100% pleased with hasbro Joe wise if I had not seen that Sigman Scarlett dammit! @loll@

Draven

Doc: Great looking figure. I was expecting less. I was thinking it would be a repaint of Duke (complete with Airborne wings) with a Buzzer head and Duke's helmet and a random gun. It looks like it has he has a new head, they took off the Airborne pin off, new helmet, Took off the holster, and it looks like they fixed the odd wrist joint....just a lot of stuff to make this figure work. Which is awesome! Really excited...as Doc was my first Joe.

You beat me to it!

150.jpg

If they re-release Duke on a single card, I'm pretty sure we can expect his wrist joints to be fixed as well.

All that stuff look awesome!

One thing: Did Hasbro address the dumb elbow joints on the figures? I could care less if they fix the crotches, as making my Joes sit down isn't that big of a deal, but I want them to be able to hold their gun with BOTH hands, and the elbow joints make it nearly impossible.

Nice job Hasbro. Flash and Grand Slam are looking good. I can't wait to see the finished versions with the quilt pattern on the pads. I am not going to bother tracking down the convention Flash and Grand Slam now. i can wait for the 25th versions. Snow Job, the CG and Destro are also looking good. And Doc is perfect. I was kind of hoping we would see Wild Bill and Rock N Roll, but I'll guess they will come soon.