Word is the 8 inch line is dead.

Nega

Based on a comment from con attendee mobeav made at Joecustoms

Scramble Wrote:Can you force out a few tears and ask how likely more 8" product is?

Dead dead dead dead dead

They are showing stuff the designed but it'll never be made.

Kinda sucks, I never got into it. I've seen kids interested in it.

Seems like the Sigma scale had finally found it's niche and just this year started making some outstanding figures and this happens. I really don't understand Hasbro. They seem to get a line going, fans finally start to get behind it and then they pull the plug foranother variation of the line (JvC to 8" Sigma to 2" sigma and then onto 25th Ann.).

Not dead but taking a nap next year as Hasbro concentrates on the 3 3/4" line, that's the offical word from Hasbro. When the movie comes out then who knows.

Good lord...I hate to even IMAGINE what the movie will do to G.I.Joe as we've known and LOVED it all these years? :(

I hope Hasbro crams as much into the line BEFORE then as possible, because I'm sensing a change for the worst, once the movie hits. Negative, hypothetical, pre-evaluation there of course. ;)

Not dead but taking a nap next year as Hasbro concentrates on the 3 3/4" line, that's the offical word from Hasbro. When the movie comes out then who knows.

Good lord...I hate to even IMAGINE what the movie will do to G.I.Joe as we've known and LOVED it all these years? :(

I hope Hasbro crams as much into the line BEFORE then as possible, because I'm sensing a change for the worst, once the movie hits. Negative, hypothetical, pre-evaluation there of course. ;)

What? You don't think a realistic 6" version of Marky Mark as Duke will sell? I anticipate that the next line of figures will be a desperate attempt by Hasbro to try and cash in on the "mainstream success" of the movie. Sadly they'll fail and for once all Joe fans can unite and say...Now that looks like crap!

Signed, A very bitter 8" Joe fan.

Good lord...I hate to even IMAGINE what the movie will do to G.I.Joe as we've known and LOVED it all these years?

My scrying ball says.............<meditates into a trance>............

The moooovvieee Jooeesss will be 3......and 3/4''............and they will have oooooo--riiiinngggssss......

And they wiiiiillllll have the likenessessss of of...........real people........some with big noses and some with small breasts..........

And they will all have fuzzy haaaaaiiirrrr..........

What? You don't think a realistic 6" version of Marky Mark as Duke will sell? I anticipate that the next line of figures will be a desperate attempt by Hasbro to try and cash in on the "mainstream success" of the movie. Sadly they'll fail and for once all Joe fans can unite and say...Now that looks like crap!

Signed, A very bitter 8" Joe fan.

Y'know........in an alternate Universe, GIJOE Fans actually took pitchforks to the Hasbro team for cancelling GIJOE Extreme. It wasn't pretty.

What? You don't think a realistic 6" version of Marky Mark as Duke will sell?

Nope! @lol@

He'll look like the Jean Claude Van Damme version of GUILE from Street Fighter...

sbguile.jpg

@lol@

Good lord...I hate to even IMAGINE what the movie will do to G.I.Joe as we've known and LOVED it all these years?

The moooovvieee Jooeesss will be 3......and 3/4''............and they will have oooooo--riiiinngggssss......

And they wiiiiillllll have the likenessessss of of...........real people........some with big noses and some with small breasts..........

:o Fuzzy haired 3 3/4" Joes? Now THAT...I'd have to see! @lol@

Don't fret over the ensuing movie....I'm a die hard TF guy and we were all overjoyed for the most part....I think the 6 inch scale should be the new standard for action figures.If this were to happen I would probably start getting Joes all over again...

Don't fret over the ensuing movie....I'm a die hard TF guy and we were all overjoyed for the most part.

Apples and Oranges? I've never given a seconds amount of care or interest to the Transformers phenomenon, so I couldn't even begin to relate to the pre-movie concerns about it, let alone be able to make any correlations (of that concern) to those that we might be having over the making of the ARAH movie. Robots that change into trucks and automobiles just doesn't even begin to breach the field of comparison with G.I.JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO, not for me anyway.

The concept of Transformers is FAR more Sci-Fi than G.I.Joe ever was, and such a fantasy, bit of fiction, is easier to work with, than futuristic REAL LIFE soldiers, taking themselves serious in how they fight a goofy cast of terrorist, that for all intents and purposes, has to play DOWN it's "seriousness" (Cobra that is) as to not relate to REAL terrorist in the world of today. Robots pose no such challenge to the sensitivites of the general public, no more so than it did to have futuristic warfare between factions of the universal governments in STAR WARS.

Nothing in the REAL world politicized Transformers, like what is being done to G.I.Joe.

I think the 6 inch scale should be the new standard for action figures.If this were to happen I would probably start getting Joes all over again...

In that case...

I hope you're NOT getting Joes for a loooooong time to come then! @smilepunch@

There's TWO "standards" of G.I.Joe in the world. 12" and 3 3/4" and anything esle is just extras.

There's TWO "standards" of G.I.Joe in the world. 12" and 3 3/4" and anything esle is just extras.

Gah! The 8" line is barely in it's grave and already you dismiss it. @stoned@

I only "dismissed it" as something to be considered a "standard" for G.I.Joe, and no matter how MUCH I might have turned around on my opinion of them (with the more recent offerings they came up with) I'd NEVER wish to see them become the "standard" of all that is known as G.I.Joe action figures.

I like'em just as they ARE.....a NOVELTY item. @lol@

Sigma Sux was dead before it started.... bad idea, ugly figures.

If they didn't make them Anime-rrific, this line would have done well

The cartoon was Anime, the figures weren't. Thanks for coming out.

The figures looked just like the cartoon.....if not exactly like the cartoon.....so yeah the figures were based off of an Anime style......

Sigma Sux was dead before it started.... bad idea, ugly figures.

If they didn't make them Anime-rrific, this line would have done well

The cartoon was Anime, the figures weren't. Thanks for coming out.

The figures looked just like the cartoon.....if not exactly like the cartoon.....so yeah the figures were based off of an Anime style......

Exactly. That was the MAIN selling point.

:o Fuzzy haired 3 3/4" Joes? Now THAT...I'd have to see! @lol@

that would be kinda cool!

as for the deth of sigma six...eh never really liked em' i fully expect hasbro to change the joe scale yet again after a year or so of 25th scale. the movie figures will probably be 5 or 6 inches??

TM

Not happy.....................I wanted Scarlett sooooo bad for years now and we kept being told we are trying to release her blah blah and now they show us her and say we are not getting her!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR I am so pissed about this. :(

Draven

i never was a fan of sigma 8 inch or the 2.5 i did like the look of the night ravon but thats beside the point i feel for those who liked these because ive been through this a couple of times motu,lotr,and 3 3/4 joes a couple times but as for me personally i am over joyed because if hasbro does what they are saying and put more att. on the 3 3/4 joes then it means more figs. and more space on the shelves and that is one thing my local wally needs is space they knocked their action fig. back to a half of one side of a asle

Not happy.....................I wanted Scarlett sooooo bad for years now and we kept being told we are trying to release her blah blah and now they show us her and say we are not getting her!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR I am so pissed about this. :(

Draven

yeah me too, would have wanted a baroness as well!

it had its spots, i think the repaints killed this line as most are not new sculpts but stupid rehashes.