Marvel Legends Wave 5 upc's!

boywithgun

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it seems that HML series 4 will only have 5 figures, instead of the originally planned 6, wouldn't it stand to reason that series 5 will do the same? If this is the case, I wonder which figure they would drop...I think I can do without Silver Savage. And what will happen to Astonishing Beast?

It doesn't yet stand to reason because we don't know why Beast was dropped to begin with. I suspect that the series shrank because the first retail quarter is notoriously slow, and Hasbro didn't think a six figure wave would sell as well. But, that's only speculation on my part.

Having said that, I have no doubt that we'll see Beast, because he's a sunk cost for Hasbro. His body is entirely unique, and can't be easily made into another character to recoup the cost of development. If he isn't produced, they've lost money on him.

As to how he'll be released, that's anyone's guess. I personally hope he's just slapped onto wave six.

Since it seems that HML series 4 will only have 5 figures, instead of the originally planned 6, wouldn't it stand to reason that series 5 will do the same? If this is the case, I wonder which figure they would drop...I think I can do without Silver Savage. And what will happen to Astonishing Beast?

It doesn't yet stand to reason because we don't know why Beast was dropped to begin with. I suspect that the series shrank because the first retail quarter is notoriously slow, and Hasbro didn't think a six figure wave would sell as well. But, that's only speculation on my part.

Having said that, I have no doubt that we'll see Beast, because he's a sunk cost for Hasbro. His body is entirely unique, and can't be easily made into another character to recoup the cost of development. If he isn't produced, they've lost money on him.

As to how he'll be released, that's anyone's guess. I personally hope he's just slapped onto wave six.

I hope the baf is Blastaar cause then I have no intrest and can just get Spiral and Adam Warlock.

I would have to disagree...I really hope it's not Blastaar. Never liked the character or his design, and it's doubtful we'd even get any cool blast effect as an accessory. Not to mention, Blastaar is just not a large-sized character. I realize we're well past the days of 18" BAFs, but they should at least be larger than the standard figures.

Cooltoyreview.com has a little more news about this wave, though it's mostly what we already knew, and doesn't include prototype photos:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/T...ures_109976.asp

LOL, they rip off news thats been floating around the net for months and post as something new and don't even bother to inform their readers where they can see actual confirmation of Spiral. You gotta love this line:

"Word on the street is that this figure has already been revealed some place on the old Interweb"

That's a real credible source to link to. :rolleyes:

LOL, they rip off news thats been floating around the net for months and post as something new and don't even bother to inform their readers where they can see actual confirmation of Spiral. You gotta love this line:

"Word on the street is that this figure has already been revealed some place on the old Interweb"

That's a real credible source to link to. :rolleyes:

I dunno...their reports on HML4 and the Hulk and FF waves turned out to be accurate. They posted about it long before photos leaked out and before they were revealed at Comic-Con. As far as which site scooped which, I have no idea and don't have any dog in that fight.

I hope the baf is Blastaar cause then I have no intrest and can just get Spiral and Adam Warlock.

I would have to disagree...I really hope it's not Blastaar. Never liked the character or his design, and it's doubtful we'd even get any cool blast effect as an accessory. Not to mention, Blastaar is just not a large-sized character. I realize we're well past the days of 18" BAFs, but they should at least be larger than the standard figures.

i'm just saying that because I have no intrest in the rest of the wave, and If we get a totally sweet baf i have to buy everyone.

ADAM WARLOCK!!!!! YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just screamed like a school girl!! If this is false there will be hell to pay!!!

why the hell do we need another Black suit spidey!!!!! The spider-man classic from 2001 is still good enough!! and what the hell is Silver savage? this that a typo for Silver Sable?

Agreed, at least with the Secret Wars Black Spidey. They've already made one in a recent Hasbro SMC line, which as far as I'm concerned I still need, because my old SMC one is all loose and unable to stand on its own.

i'm REALLY excited about Spiral.

and i'm even hopefuly that she'll look half decent. Rahcel Grey and Invisible Woman (hasbro's most recent female releases) are really great looking and the photo for the upcoming Valkyrie figure looks really great (with a face that is actually pretty). So hopefully Spiral will be awesome. She's one of my favorite X-villains.

Adam Warlock is another figure i'm glad they're releasing...and the rest of the line, eh. I already have a black suit spiderman...and i dont really care about Union Jack OR Silver Savage....US Agent is ok i guess.

there are just a lot of other characters i'd prefer to see coming out. You know - Astonishing Beast, POLARIS, Firestar, Jubilee, Northstar...hm, maybe i just really want an X-Men line (i feel like it'd make sense since we've got Spiderman and an FF line and an upcoming Hulk line).

...hm, maybe i just really want an X-Men line (i feel like it'd make sense since we've got Spiderman and an FF line and an upcoming Hulk line).

Don't forget Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and the potential Thor lines? But I digress... If we continue to get these title specific lines, maybe? But I'd rather have 6 figures from across the board. Title specific lines have a habit of eradicating a lot of guesswork.

i'm REALLY excited about Spiral.

Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if Spiral isn't the BAF. After seeing how they divided up Ronan, doesn't it seem completely plausible that they'd pack some of her multiple arms as BAF pieces? Heck, if they can make Ronan's hammer a BAF piece, they could even do the same with Spiral's swords.