Marvel Legends Wave 5 upc's!

boywithgun

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get your hopes up true believers! So far of the two series, Underwhelming, some good sculpts were wasted because of minimal paint apps and/or lack of washes. Like I said, the paint apps can make or break the selling point of a figure. Scaling back the articulation even makes it worse. You can't pose the figure in many different ways that we were used to. The new knee joints they're introducing make them look like artifical limbs on amputees. Dream on . . . .

• 4 weeks later...
MVL LGD FIG US AGENT 65356931890

MVL LGEGND UNION JACK 65356931892

MVL BLACK SUITED S-M 65356931891

MVL SILVER SAVAGE 65356931893

MVL ADAM WARLOCK 65356931894

MVL LEGENDS SPIRAL 65356931895

Can't wait for US Agent and Union Jack, and especially Adam Warlock. I have no interest in the rest of the figures, especially Spiral. I saw the video and I was not pleased. Never liked her in the comics and certainly not as a figure. If this is true and we get a Adam figure, I wonder how long before we get a:

Thanos and Drax the Destroyer -- both original skinny version and the hulked dumb version.

anyone else disappointed in the crappy Hulk vs Drax comic, what a let down.

give me Union Jack because the costume is great plus then Captain Britan wont be so lonely

give me Adam Warlock so he can talk,fight, then talk some more with my MS Thanos

give me US Agent just so i can add to my Omega (alpha) Flight set

I can do without Spiral, a Sebastain shaw would have been better

Besides, LCBH already has a version of spiral, it is call STRYKER

Personally this line up looks like another 50/50 mixed bag of potential disapointment for me.

U.S.Agent - Been wanting him for my West Coast Avengers display, but am concerned they'll go with that Judge Dredd looking costume from the 90's instead of a more classic or modern one.

Union Jack - Always liked the costume and depending on his articulation. May find a way to work him into my set up collection. It's a pity Namor, FA Cap and Bucky didn't turn out better because I might have considered making room for an Invaders display.

Adam Warlock - Would buy a classic version to go with my M.S. Thanos, Captain Marvel and Super Skrull in a heartbeat. Unfortunately my money's on his costume being one of those craptastic 90's versions from the Infinity Watch.

Spiral - The sculpt looked to be her classic costume which is a plus. Still there's a half dozen X-related females that are much higher on my priority list. Like FA Storm, Polaris, Dazzler, Jim Lee Jean Gray and even Jubilee. Actually would have prefered to see her in a box set with those unreleased X-Babies.

Silver Savage - Story specific versions of charecters we already have that only appeared in a couple issue's really don't interest me. With the possible exception of Iron Man armors. Really would have rather had that Valkerie or Doc Samson we saw prototype pics of instead of him.

B.S. Spiderman - I'm more than satisfied with the version I already have and think having to buy another one just to get a BAF part is a major rip off. Altho I wouldn't mind IF they occasionally included a never done before Spider Man villian in the line. Like chameleon, Puma, Stegron, Molten Man or even an improved Black Cat. Since it doesn't look like they'll be doing them in a 6" scale in another line.

Classic Drax is ideal for a BAF, but the ANN version is more suited to a single card. He's one of the few that might get me to buy the whole wave. ANN Thanos isn't since I'm satisfied with the classic M.S. version.

Hasbro has again managed to make a line up of characters nobody cares about.You would think they would have gotten the message from the first wave.

with the exception of silver savage, it seems like most people are digging atleast 3 or 4 characters out of the series

compared to 1 or 2 from wave 1

So far i think this is the best wave from Hasbro. I am really hoping for a Cosmic character BAF. I wouldnt mind so much if its Drax but i want botht he classic and modern version so prefer its not him. ANN Thanos is ok, but i am happy with the Select version. I think i am hoping more for Terrax as the BAF and we get Drax somewhere else.

Couldn't at least half of the figures in the series be straight up repaints? Captain America > U.S. Agent, some Spider-Man > Black Spider-Man, several options > Union Jack. If Hasbro is seriously making these figures in a Marvel Legends line and not in some alterior repaint line, they better be new, highly articulated sculpts and none of this unpainted, 90 degree mobile product they have been releasing as of late. I can't tell yet whether or not this wave is kind of a cop out. Could Spiral's arms necessitate the need to heavily reduce cost throughout the rest of the wave?

Personally this line up looks like another 50/50 mixed bag of potential disapointment for me.

U.S.Agent - Been wanting him for my West Coast Avengers display, but am concerned they'll go with that Judge Dredd looking costume from the 90's instead of a more classic or modern one.

Union Jack - Always liked the costume and depending on his articulation. May find a way to work him into my set up collection. It's a pity Namor, FA Cap and Bucky didn't turn out better because I might have considered making room for an Invaders display.

Adam Warlock - Would buy a classic version to go with my M.S. Thanos, Captain Marvel and Super Skrull in a heartbeat. Unfortunately my money's on his costume being one of those craptastic 90's versions from the Infinity Watch.

Spiral - The sculpt looked to be her classic costume which is a plus. Still there's a half dozen X-related females that are much higher on my priority list. Like FA Storm, Polaris, Dazzler, Jim Lee Jean Gray and even Jubilee. Actually would have prefered to see her in a box set with those unreleased X-Babies.

Silver Savage - Story specific versions of charecters we already have that only appeared in a couple issue's really don't interest me. With the possible exception of Iron Man armors. Really would have rather had that Valkerie or Doc Samson we saw prototype pics of instead of him.

B.S. Spiderman - I'm more than satisfied with the version I already have and think having to buy another one just to get a BAF part is a major rip off. Altho I wouldn't mind IF they occasionally included a never done before Spider Man villian in the line. Like chameleon, Puma, Stegron, Molten Man or even an improved Black Cat. Since it doesn't look like they'll be doing them in a 6" scale in another line.

Classic Drax is ideal for a BAF, but the ANN version is more suited to a single card. He's one of the few that might get me to buy the whole wave. ANN Thanos isn't since I'm satisfied with the classic M.S. version.

[/quo

there is nothing wrong with the adam warlock from the infinity watch. that is about the best outfit he had and it is still not far off from his classic one. i am hoping it is the 90's version which will make it the best figure in the line up.

See... I'm in total agreement! I still don't have an X-23 for this same exact reason. I know they don't want to date themselves, but, Jeez! Who wouldn't have rather had Silver Sable or Darkhawk or Justice in that same slot? Man Thing was an phenomenon in itself, everything else is just silly!

there is nothing wrong with the adam warlock from the infinity watch. that is about the best outfit he had and it is still not far off from his classic one. i am hoping it is the 90's version which will make it the best figure in the line up.

Obviously your definition of "still not far off" and mine are light years apart.

AdamWarlockcomp.jpg

Another adavantage of the classic version is that they could make the belt an add on piece like they did with Pheonix and Warbird. Swap out the head and the legs from the knee down with new parts so they could reuse most of the mold for a classic version of Drax.

• 2 weeks later...