should i be worried ( target employees help )

TRUESTYLE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well unless its a full scale remodel new merchandise does come in and they move out the old by clearancing it off

But thats one reason.I cannot give a reason for some changes like one year in my store they moved the action figure aisle to where we keep the preschool items and then 6 months later they changed it back and never went back that route again

That's what always bugged me on planogram. We'd completely flip the aisles around then a few months later flip them back to where they basically were before. That especially happens in toys where they want to re-arrange aisles for summer stuff then put them back to regular stuff in the winter time.

I got off doing planograms cuz we were only supposed to be doing one side of an aisle a night and have done 100% before we leave. However, they kept sticking us with 2 a night which at times was downright impossible. The company estimated set times were well beyond 8 hrs. for each of them too.

I don't know about you, but we had to de-merch, move clearance, backstock, pull, push, and set. We got NO help at all. No batches pulled for us, no help with backstock...NOTHING! Sometimes it wasn't so bad, other times they just totally packed in the section we had to set which obviously made the de-merch process a major pain.

I'm so glad I got off that job!

God I hate those phonytimes they give us for doing things

They test it on fast workers and expect the same out of all of us

At least our backroom team will backstock thing for us but out planogram team lead who posts here as Dark Magnus has to pull his own merchandise

I had a guy stock me in TRU one time it was quite weird!

I really hope you mean "stalk". @hmmm@ :P

@loll@ yes my bad more or less just got out of bed when I made that one so I was still half asleep @loll@

Well unless its a full scale remodel new merchandise does come in and they move out the old by clearancing it off

But thats one reason.I cannot give a reason for some changes like one year in my store they moved the action figure aisle to where we keep the preschool items and then 6 months later they changed it back and never went back that route again

That's what always bugged me on planogram. We'd completely flip the aisles around then a few months later flip them back to where they basically were before. That especially happens in toys where they want to re-arrange aisles for summer stuff then put them back to regular stuff in the winter time.

I got off doing planograms cuz we were only supposed to be doing one side of an aisle a night and have done 100% before we leave. However, they kept sticking us with 2 a night which at times was downright impossible. The company estimated set times were well beyond 8 hrs. for each of them too.

I don't know about you, but we had to de-merch, move clearance, backstock, pull, push, and set. We got NO help at all. No batches pulled for us, no help with backstock...NOTHING! Sometimes it wasn't so bad, other times they just totally packed in the section we had to set which obviously made the de-merch process a major pain.

I'm so glad I got off that job!

God I hate those phonytimes they give us for doing things

They test it on fast workers and expect the same out of all of us

At least our backroom team will backstock thing for us but out planogram team lead who posts here as Dark Magnus has to pull his own merchandise

Well see that's the thing though, the estimated times are like 20+ hours and they'll give us 2 of those. One night they expected me to do both sides of the candle aisle myself. I only got one side done and had to stay an hour and a half late and I only managed to get it about 75% full before I had to go.

Of course, when we don't finish filling 100% no matter how it would have taken to fill it, we'd get bitched at for it. At my store, if it takes a 12 hr day to finish, then they expect you to do it.

They like to give so little and ask so much that it makes me sick!

The crap that goes on in these places are the reasons why unions were started in the first place. But these days, if you care that you and your co-workers are being unfairly treated then you just have an attitude problem. Back in the day when they started the first unions they were considered heroes of sorts to the masses of people being mistreated at their jobs.

Now...nobody cares anymore. People would just rather you shut up no matter how badly they are being treated. That's the brainwashing that the average American worker has fallen victim to I think.

People seem to have forgotten that together a work force DOES have power. They choose not to use it.

Also I think they're afraid of being replaced by people (mostly immigrants) who don't care and will do the same job for less and be happy because they live with 20 other people bringing home paychecks plus their government handouts. They don't want to ruin a good thing for themselves. I mean who cares if none of them speak any English. That's an easy fix in our country...we'll just make everyone learn Spanish!

I was doing the math one night and I figured with the crew we had and the time they had to work the load that each person would had to have pushed at a rate of 75 boxes an hour to finish it all. That's insane! Nobody else I've ever even heard of expects that. Of course, the next night it was all about how WE have to do A LOT better!

#WTF#

For a stones throw over minimum wage, that's asking an awful lot don't you think???

In all the places I have worked in my life this one expects you to be fast

People can only move at there own pace

They might feel tired,bored and lazy

LOL the candle aisle is impossible to do unless they can do it they shouldn't critisize

I really have given up about caring it seems that people who don't give a crap there are rewarded and if you do give a crap your a complainer

Wow Well, where I worked as an hourly we have sick time. Imagine that:) We also could build it up and if you are full time you get six free call ins a year as long as your don't have a write up on your record card.

Now, as salary, I have personal time off, ten a year, two weeks vacation and i can accrew up to 120 hours of sick time. anythign above that is transferred to vacation time.

Now, want to know where I work?:) Oh and insurance is great!

Wow Well, where I worked as an hourly we have sick time. Imagine that:) We also could build it up and if you are full time you get six free call ins a year as long as your don't have a write up on your record card.

Now, as salary, I have personal time off, ten a year, two weeks vacation and i can accrew up to 120 hours of sick time. anythign above that is transferred to vacation time.

Now, want to know where I work?:) Oh and insurance is great!

He works at the Magic Kingdom and is out sick right now :P

Sorry Dwight :P

Thank you thank you! I will be hear till one. I am going back to work today! In all seriousness there are places that pay really well and they do give sick pay. I know sam's did but it was werid how you had to get sick pay. you just have to shop around.

here they made it illegal that teachers can strike! I think next up are the garbage haulers in vancouver who I think are still currently on strike :S

In all the places I have worked in my life this one expects you to be fast

People can only move at there own pace

They might feel tired,bored and lazy

LOL the candle aisle is impossible to do unless they can do it they shouldn't critisize

I really have given up about caring it seems that people who don't give a crap there are rewarded and if you do give a crap your a complainer

Yeah no kidding. There is a guy I worked with who kinda looks one step from being one of the freaks from the Hills Have Eyes who was on planogram with me for awhile. He started about a year ago and all I've heard since I left planogram was about how the guy couldn't set one right to save his life.

The rest of the planogram team had to keep covering for the guy by fixing his screw-ups. Finally he moved to receiving before of course.....getting promoted to lead!!!

This guy cost our store countless amounts of waste in man hours and HE gets promoted. To top it all off, on his first night as a lead, he screwed up all the toy risers and they had to strip them all back down again.

....And they wonder why I've developed an attitude!

Last night takes the cake. It's a non-truck night in dairy/frozen which is usually a tough night for me. I have to pull and push the overnight batches and the order batches. Pull the meat batch. And then usually spend the rest of the time trying to get the train wreck from the night before cleaned up and backstocked.

See, there are usually about 4-5 BIG pallets in dairy, and 7-10 in frozen. I don't have the piece counts, but they're sick. Dairy gets one or two people to work it and frozen gets 2.

Now I tried to get a rough estimate of a dairy pallet today....EASILY over 200 cases. For one person moving at 50 boxes an hour (which is considered to be excellent by most human standards) it would take 4 hours to complete that one pallet.

Well....the crew is scheduled til 6am and they don't even start dairy until between 4-5am and they expect it to be finished. When it's not, they tell them they have to be faster. Remember, we're talking about old ladies some in their 50's some 60's.

What is wrong with this picture???

I go home at 6:30. NO MATTER WHAT! Needless to say the freight is NEVER done. So whatever backstock comes after I leave ends up waiting for me when I arrive the next night where I try to push it out first before backstocking it.

Well.....last night they wanted me to do all my usual tasks AND push full untouched pallets from the night before AND backstock that too. For the record, if I tried it, I'd probably just be leaving work right now! Of course, they were angry that I wouldn't.

Oh yeah, our store in #70 in the company right now and rising. Yet, we had a night crew of a whopping 14 people last night. Way to reward the team for doing such a fantastic job eh?

We only did a puny $169,000 yesterday on a goal of 180,000. So what does everyone hear??? "You guys have been doing good, but you need to do better to get those sales up!" Never mind the fact that just about every day whether we meet the daily goals or not, our store is doing like a zillion times better than anyone in the company ever thought it was going to do.

Gotta love that great Target gratitude!

I am really sorry that happens. I know when we hit our goal, we have thrown more parties fro my cast and they have all done an excellent job. Want to come work for me?:)

A year ago last February our team of 4 people cleaned out our fixture room and other leftover stuff from construction of the store. The day before we started, I hit some ice on my front porch and flew half way, bounced the other half down the stairs. (that's about 10 concrete stairs if you're wondering) I was in a ton of pain and wearing a splint for the entire fixture room party we had. Well, all we did was spend about 4 days filling 4 dumpsters full un-needed materials, fixtures and all kinds of crap. Heavy...HEAVY crap. TONS of it.

2 of my team members were women who hardly spoke or understood any English. Then there was me and a guy who was 2 hours late every day, and always following someone else around the store. So that pretty much left just me doing a large portion of heavy work with my broke-ass middle finger!

At the end, we had a sparkling fixture room that was immaculately organized. We each got a whole $5 gift card!!!

A few weeks ago, the current plano team had a little fixture room party. It was ugly, but nothing even close to what we had to deal with. They spent a little over a day cleaning it....they each got a $50 gift card. #WTF#

I've busted my ass constantly doing things I didn't have to do. I've still only ever gotten that one $5 gift card. There's people I know who have gotten $50 cards for blowing their noses. People who have gotten them on 3,4,5 or more occasions for little more than just doing their job.

As miserable as the job makes me, it fuels something in me. Partly a rage, but not a bad one. I'm not a crusader or anything, but there is a cause to be fought here and damn it all I want is other people who are just as sick of it to finally want to do something too!

Individually we have no power at all. They know that. What they fear the most, is having workers who are unhappy with their jobs and they KNOW that it's a legitimate beef. That's why they're so quick to label you a "whiner" and basically kill any good rep you might hope to have.

Keep 'em stupid, keep 'em working. That should be the motto.

Look guys, let me apologize again for all this. Please understand, all this is basically coming out of me like a tidal wave. I'm venting on instinct. Thanks to everyone for being cool about this and not getting all judgmental about it.

I know there's a lot of Target guys here and it interests me a lot to find out how much of this goes around throughout the company or if I just ended up at a store of total freaks.

I am really sorry that happens. I know when we hit our goal, we have thrown more parties fro my cast and they have all done an excellent job. Want to come work for me?:)

I would love to work at Disney BUT you know yourself until you were promoted as mgr that you had made no money

Hell when you had the 200 employees under you at Fronteir Land I was still making more then you just being on the Flow team

In fact I was supposed to go to planogram this week but my mgr informed me that i;m not leaving flow until he gets my replacement

That is true, but I will say this. I have learned ALOT and I am really thankful now looking back. I wish it woudl have been sooner but ya know that is how life is sometimes and we have to deal with it. I really do enjoy my job. Not to sound clique, but I feel i do make a difference in peoples lives.

I come to realize that if your not happy in what you do, then find something that makes you happy. Life is just too short tobe miserable. ok I am out. I am going to go to be now.

That is true, but I will say this. I have learned ALOT and I am really thankful now looking back. I wish it woudl have been sooner but ya know that is how life is sometimes and we have to deal with it. I really do enjoy my job. Not to sound clique, but I feel i do make a difference in peoples lives.

I come to realize that if your not happy in what you do, then find something that makes you happy. Life is just too short tobe miserable. ok I am out. I am going to go to be now.

If it were that easy everyone would just do that @smilepunch@

• 2 weeks later...

A year ago last February our team of 4 people cleaned out our fixture room and other leftover stuff from construction of the store. The day before we started, I hit some ice on my front porch and flew half way, bounced the other half down the stairs. (that's about 10 concrete stairs if you're wondering) I was in a ton of pain and wearing a splint for the entire fixture room party we had. Well, all we did was spend about 4 days filling 4 dumpsters full un-needed materials, fixtures and all kinds of crap. Heavy...HEAVY crap. TONS of it.

2 of my team members were women who hardly spoke or understood any English. Then there was me and a guy who was 2 hours late every day, and always following someone else around the store. So that pretty much left just me doing a large portion of heavy work with my broke-ass middle finger!

At the end, we had a sparkling fixture room that was immaculately organized. We each got a whole $5 gift card!!!

A few weeks ago, the current plano team had a little fixture room party. It was ugly, but nothing even close to what we had to deal with. They spent a little over a day cleaning it....they each got a $50 gift card. #WTF#

I've busted my ass constantly doing things I didn't have to do. I've still only ever gotten that one $5 gift card. There's people I know who have gotten $50 cards for blowing their noses. People who have gotten them on 3,4,5 or more occasions for little more than just doing their job.

As miserable as the job makes me, it fuels something in me. Partly a rage, but not a bad one. I'm not a crusader or anything, but there is a cause to be fought here and damn it all I want is other people who are just as sick of it to finally want to do something too!

Individually we have no power at all. They know that. What they fear the most, is having workers who are unhappy with their jobs and they KNOW that it's a legitimate beef. That's why they're so quick to label you a "whiner" and basically kill any good rep you might hope to have.

Keep 'em stupid, keep 'em working. That should be the motto.

Look guys, let me apologize again for all this. Please understand, all this is basically coming out of me like a tidal wave. I'm venting on instinct. Thanks to everyone for being cool about this and not getting all judgmental about it.

I know there's a lot of Target guys here and it interests me a lot to find out how much of this goes around throughout the company or if I just ended up at a store of total freaks.

Don't feel bad. You just saved me a lot of trouble.

My girlfriend laid the groundwork, you just helped to finish the job.

She works at Target and she's absolutely friggin' miserable. They work her like a dog one day, barely anything the next, then she'll be off for 2-3 days in a row, and when she does come back, she works hard enough to make up for the days she had off.

No benefits, no raises (she's been there about 102 days now) etc. They'll work her for 40-45 hours one week, and screw her to the point she'll only get 15 the next.

She was hired as a cashier, but she ends up working in the food department (including the restaurant), the Customer Service area, the floor, carts, etc. (The carts literally hurt her, she's 5'3" and not a muscular woman, poor thing is expected to pull an entire things of carts with a rope!) That's just asinine and beyond ridiculous.

I won't be applying at Target anytime soon. (this is now the third complaint I've heard about Target from one of it's employees)

I'll be going back to Wal-Mart. Yeah, they're scummy too, but what you're hired for, you hired for. None of this "Do this here, then go there, then go here" crap. I worked at Wal-Mart during Thanksgiving one year and it wasn't even close to the perfect job, but at least you know what crap they're gonna sling your way. Heck, I prefer working at convenience stores more than I do regular retail like the big box giants.

Ugh. I hate to even give Target any more of my money. Wal-Mart's no better, but at least their employees will *try* to help you.

I've had Target employees literally walk by me, and when I called them on it, the one said "I'm getting someone who will help you, because I'm not doing it. I have other store concerns to deal with, you'll just have to be patient. Someone will assist you." I just looked at her like a deer in the headlights.

Called her an expletive under my breath and stormed out of the store after they finally sent someone, just to tell me "Yep, it's in stock. Nope, we're not going to pull the case for you. Yes, we realize there's room on the shelves for the item and it's supposed to be out now, but if we pull the case and give you one of the figures, we'd be giving you first dibs. We're not in the business of doing that. Have a nice day." ....and she walked off! So yeah...I stormed out of the store, and as I was leaving, one of the managers said "Have a nice day" and I said "Get a better group of employees, you people deny the customers of product, but you have it in stock....why?" He just walked away.

I can't stand Target. I've heard too many bad things about them to last me a lifetime.

The whole retail industry is a joke. All about profits, never about the people, and it'll continue to degrade into some semblance of sludge you'd find on the bottom of a septic tank, with a fancy logo slapped on it.

You do realize that after 8 hours you don't have to work unless you want to

Tell to leave after 8 hours she can't get into trouble for that

Oh I learened something about Target the other day and I found thids out after 6 years of being there

They don't want there Managment to fraternize outside of work with the employees

Oh I learened something about Target the other day and I found thids out after 6 years of being there

They don't want there Managment to fraternize outside of work with the employees

Oh they specifically asked her to stay on because they were shorthanded. One night she finally said she couldn't because she was so sore and they begrudgingly let her go home.

And that management/employee thing...ridiculous. Whatever a person does on their own personal time, off the clock (minus drugs, etc) is their own business and the company should have no right to say one way or the other what they're supposed to do together. That's some ignorant bull right there.

I'd laugh in their faces and walk off, holding hands with one of the cashiers, just to screw with their heads.

Don't get me wrong, I realize they write the paychecks, but when they want to control your personal life, that's pushing it too far.

When I heard people talking about this I said "What is this?.....Nazi Germany?"

There is one kid working there that has worked hard to get promoted

He is moving to South Carolina and and he is going to be a dept mgr when he starts there

He went through that ridiculous round robin crap they put you through when you want to get promoted

Well the other night our two face store mgr told him to his face that if it was up to him he would of never got promoted

To me this was wrong and that the store mgr should of kept his mouth shut instead of being an ass he could of gave him some constructive critism instead

The thing is, if they ask people to stay past 8 hours that can't, then the leads like to lay a guilt trip on them. That doesn't work on me, but you'd be surprised how many are sucked in THINKING they HAVE TO stay.

The funny thing is, if the ##$%$#s knew how to properly run operations then they wouldn't need so many people to stay after so long so often. And I don't think it's a store thing either, it's the way the company is.

They are so amazingly inefficient with the people they have and how they use them that it's not even funny. They like to throw the word "TEAM" around so much it'll make you want to puke and they don't even have the foggiest idea of what it means to be a team.

Basically it's a lie. They use the "team work" motto to get smaller numbers of people to do the lions share of the work loads so that others can do what they do best...which is mostly nothing. Of course the ones that do the nothing are the ones who DO get promoted.

One guy I work with, he seems pretty smart. He works harder than most. He's pretty good natured and even tempered and he knows the job. Like me, he never made it past the first interview for lead. Not getting is one thing, but not even making it past the first interview when (at least in my case) 2 were supposedly guaranteed, is a crock of bull. That means if one person who just doesn't like you gets to do your interview, then you're done.

Yet this guy has worked more 12 hour days for them than I care to try and recall. The guy WHO DID get promoted though, is one of the biggest dumbasses in the entire store! He couldn't lead a person dying of thirst to water from a boat! Several others have gotten shafted in similar ways lately.

I've been told by some that one of the reasons I didn't promoted is that I'm too quiet and people don't notice me enough.

WELL EXCUSE F'ING ME FOR DOING MY JOB!!! It's kinda hard to float around putting on fake happy smiley faces for the bosses just so they can notice me more when I have 10-12 hours of work to do and only 8 hours to do it!

The sickest thing about it all is that at the end of the year, more often than not, the guy who did 10 times the amount work will get the same raise the high school kid who picked his ass all year got....or even worse, they'll get more!

There was a time where people wouldn't stand for this. That time has seemingly passed. Consumerism has us all so much by the balls that we'll take what little money we can make just to keep buying crap! And there's always credit to guarantee that we keep working to pay for things we got but don't quite own yet! If you think about it, we've really created quite a sick world!

I hate the round robin system

I have been dept mgr at other stores WHERE mind you that the store mgr promotes you and you don't go through the nonsense of a round robin

I have no clue who thought this idea up because it sucks

I have no idea who came up with most of Targets procedures which may look good at a glance but under the surface is flawed to the core.

I shudder to think about how much money they piss away because of piss-poor managing of manpower. It's a wonder to me how they manage to function at all.