should i be worried ( target employees help )

TRUESTYLE

well some may know my rants and raves about not being able to find anything locally, ever........ when white ratchet and thundercracker repaints came out i placed an order on target.com rather then hoping to one say see them there...

this was 3 weeks ago (?) and still nothing. should i be worried, or just wait it out? reason i am worried is i see more and mor epeople buying these repaints on here and other web sites but i have yet to recive anything.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With only two more months till xmas I think some stores are starting to build up stock and hold some stuff back perhaps? I don't know if stores in the states do that but I'm pretty sure that some stores here do :S

My Targets are so lazy they still won't put out the G1 Starscreams they have in storage. I just chalk it up to Target becoming increasingly crappy- no more DPCI checking, no more backroom grabbing, generaly pissier customer service... why even carry toys if they seem to treat toy buyers like garbage? I get the impression they don't want us buying their stock or something with their "anti-collector" policies.

My Targets are so lazy they still won't put out the G1 Starscreams they have in storage. I just chalk it up to Target becoming increasingly crappy- no more DPCI checking, no more backroom grabbing, generaly pissier customer service... why even carry toys if they seem to treat toy buyers like garbage? I get the impression they don't want us buying their stock or something with their "anti-collector" policies.

As I said before, the more I get to know about Target, the creepier it gets. If my store is typical of how things are generally across the company then I'd say it's borderline fascist. Not to mention so pathetically mismanaged it's not even funny.

All those cameras you see around the store, well, they probably watch the employees more than they do the customers. I have inside sources to confirm this!

If you can get anyone to listen to a problem or concern on the job, or simply have an idea and tell your bosses then all you ever get is a "well, we'll talk about it and see" answer. Everyone talks, nobody does anything. They seem to discourage free thinking as much as possible.

They constantly repeat the same directives over and over and over and over. It's nothing short of brainwashing. What's worse is, they LIE like you couldn't believe! Hell, even politicians would be envious of some these jagbags.

Basically people see through their BS and a lot of the good ones just quit. I think these big box retailers have built in their own self-destruct mechanisms simply with how they treat the workers.

Piss-poor pay. No sick days. No paid holidays. average benefits. Overworked. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. (at least for me)

Work 40 hours, show up every day on time. They get pissy with you if you can't stay 2 or 3 hours late and help out too. God forbid I be late ONE time and I'll get written up. Same for calling in. You might get by once or twice in a year but then it's write-up city.

I've called in 5 times this year, all for legit reasons, and I've gotten written up 3 times. When I worked for Super-K...I would have still had paid sick days to use.

So with little things like this and plenty of others you can see how that self-destruct mechanism begins. Piss off good workers and sooner or later, there won't be many left. Then they're stuck with dregs leaching pay checks, and stealing. Profits go down, shortages go up, and in enough time it'll be bad enough (or nearly enough) to bankrupt the company.

I'm already seeing signs of this with Target. Several stores in the area had mass walk-outs and needed emergency help from other stores in the area. We're always sending people out to other stores to help. Our store on the other hand, has to keep cutting more and more hours. Fewer people having to do MORE work with less help is knocking people out, and they don't care one bit. Hell...they still want more!

So with all that said, is it any wonder that people there don't care?

Never have I had a job where I get paid for being sick :S The thought of such an idea would never have crossed my mind either :S :P

Though if you are sick & call in why do they "write you up" or whatever?.. I've never really worked for a big company so I'm not really use to analness like that either :D & what happens when they do "write you up"?

the flow team at my target is horrible. to be honest you would have just been better off going to the store and asking for teh specific item, since target is so adament about "guest satisfaction". if they had it in the back they would find it, afterall an STL's, LOD's or GSTL's worst nightmare is a custumer complaint against them. Target.com is a weak sight when it comes to ordering things...the DCs (distrabution centers) will recvieve the item first rather then you....next time just go there and raise hell. tell someone that a team member told you they had it in stock and you drove half an hour to the store...they'll accomidate you....trust me.

Its the Managments fault nowadays

I starting sunday am moving from Flow to Planogram

I had to get away from the people I work wityh

In past years I worked with a Flow Team manager who was a pro and made sure we all did things right

She since moved on and the new managers we get don't seen to care or just don't get it

For example I break out the repacks in the midle where in most stores thats Housewares and Domestics

Then before I can finsih the march of the morons start

These people come over grab any aisle they want and don't help to bowl out the pulls and when you tell mgmt they.... instead of telling these people to do it just bowl it themselves and these people think they have to do nothing

So us vets the few that are left have to do everything ourselves

I once told these people that there was certain way things got done but they then complained about me and of course mgmt told me to not interfare

I said "f" it and wanted off that horrible team

It would be a miracle if they ever get out all the freight

These newbies were trained by other newbies who cut corners and don't care

i actually worked at the target headquarters in MN for awhile so i have to chuckle at some of this stuff.

while what some of the people said here are true alot of the stuff is either biased half truths or flat out fabrications.

it is true that target has a weird thing about customer surveys and getting good scores in certain areas of the store. it is also hilarious to read customer complaints. some of them are just inane rants(and those are the ones that are sane haha).

i worked in a store all the way up to the corp level so i know the questions concerns and gripes people get.

yeah they pay crap but everyone does. in our world today you need a college degree just to get an entry level job. however, i have seen far more people that are good at their job being promoted up. trust me, they see if a worker is constantly getting good marks and reviews and will reward that employee.

things like being written up and sick pay are dif monster all together.

sick pay isn't given really anywhere unless you are paid in salary not hourly and even then it really isnt "sick pay" you just get "sick days". companies have no reason to pay anyone hourly if they are sick and are not there for those hours. would anyone pay for work not done?

writing up is more ambigous cause all the circumstances aren't known. from store to store there is a rigid framework for lod's and the rest of the management staff to follow but tey can use their best judgement. i dont know anyone's case on this board but from experience it take a bit to get written up numerous times. that is only usually after a chronic history of guideline abuses(ie showing up late or not at all, LOTS of sick days with out written medical notes from doctors,etc)

if employees think gross abuse of power happens talk to the HR person in the store or alwys call corp. the people there are fairly nice(you always dont like everyone you work with remember haha) and some are down right awesome and are insane about toys just like yourselves :D

Ok.. 1

I wasn't fabricting what I said

You can't make an assesment like that @smilepunch@

Sick Pay???

No you have to use either your personal time or vacation time torwards that to get paid for missing a day

1. never said you did so no worries. if i did offend i'm sorry. i was just sort of making a general blanket response.

2. yup that is exactly it. if someone is hourly rather than salary then they have to use a vacation day. most places have days for being sick or grieving due to loss of loved ones. maternity leave(and paternity leave in some companies) CAN be paid.

i just read an article that a company gave it's empoyees who are trying to have families paid time off to 'procreate' haha i need to work there!!!!

I left Super-K in 1999 and at that time I had 7 paid sick days, 2 personal days, 3 weeks paid vacation and holiday pay for all major holidays.

That's what blows my mind the most...they don't even pay holidays! My mother worked at a small retail chain in the 70's and 80's and she had them too.

Walgreen's also treats their employees very well. My sister has no worried working there.

Maybe it's just another one of those things that over the past several years employers have been pulling out from under their workers. People who have worked for Target for a long time tell me they were never this bad before and that it's gone through a lot of changes over the past several years.

I already know Walmarts have pretty much been doing the same thing.

As far as promotion goes...YEAH RIGHT!!!

I was promised at least 2 interviews for the planogram team lead. I got shot down after one.

Even though I was that stores most experienced person at that job, had a long background in doing it at other stores, had experience training new people (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is a lead-type responsibility) and I supposedly had the FULL support of most of the team leads in the store.

....and yet, somehow, I never made it past the first interview. On top of that, and this is great, I HAD TO TRAIN MY NEW BOSS!!! Cuz he didn't know jack about planogram.

Here's the trick, you have to show up every day. Work as long as they want you to, when they want you to....just don't be TOO good, and MAYBE you have a chance of getting promoted to lead.

If you're too good at what you do, you're too valuable to promote. NOT FABRICATION! TRUTH!

I've seen all the smartest, hardest working people in the store passed over again and again and the half-wit asskissers get all the promotions. It never fails.

My store is a certified "gold contributor" to the company. Which means it's among the chains most elite.

Store wide, we average well over 5000 pieces of freight (maybe more) a night. The flow team has to unload it all from the trucks, pull it to the floor, break it down and push it all in a little more than 4 hours and work the pulls. We're talking maybe 25-30 (on a good night) people total. EVERY NIGHT! There are no slow nights.

People stay 3, 4, even 5 or more hours late every day to finish. People are exhausted and hanging on by a thread.

Making it even better, more than half of the crew are women at or over the age of 50. Not exactly what you call good movers. Another large portion hardly speaks any english.

Every day at the huddles they talked about driving sales and how "driving sales=more money for more people and more available hours." Well, that's the big lie! We've been blowing the doors off of all expectations for sales and it's been cut, cut, cut!

We have to keep doing more, with less.

Back to my call-ins this year. Well, I work dairy/frozen backroom. I'm either in the 25 degree cooler or 10 below zero freezer ALL NIGHT! With substandard gear on top of it. In the summer I go through constant 100 degree temperature swings on a daily basis. In the winter, it takes me hours in front of a heater after work to thaw out. I make no more than anyone else for enduring such conditions.

I took 2 days for being sick. I worked through many, MANY more where I was sick and so sore in every part of my body that words can't express it.

You'd think they might take that into a little consideration.

But no. They want robots, not humans.

I left Super-K in 1999 and at that time I had 7 paid sick days, 2 personal days, 3 weeks paid vacation and holiday pay for all major holidays.

That's what blows my mind the most...they don't even pay holidays! My mother worked at a small retail chain in the 70's and 80's and she had them too.

Walgreen's also treats their employees very well. My sister has no worried working there.

Maybe it's just another one of those things that over the past several years employers have been pulling out from under their workers. People who have worked for Target for a long time tell me they were never this bad before and that it's gone through a lot of changes over the past several years.

I already know Walmarts have pretty much been doing the same thing.

As far as promotion goes...YEAH RIGHT!!!

I was promised at least 2 interviews for the planogram team lead. I got shot down after one.

Even though I was that stores most experienced person at that job, had a long background in doing it at other stores, had experience training new people (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is a lead-type responsibility) and I supposedly had the FULL support of most of the team leads in the store.

....and yet, somehow, I never made it past the first interview. On top of that, and this is great, I HAD TO TRAIN MY NEW BOSS!!! Cuz he didn't know jack about planogram.

Here's the trick, you have to show up every day. Work as long as they want you to, when they want you to....just don't be TOO good, and MAYBE you have a chance of getting promoted to lead.

If you're too good at what you do, you're too valuable to promote. NOT FABRICATION! TRUTH!

I've seen all the smartest, hardest working people in the store passed over again and again and the half-wit asskissers get all the promotions. It never fails.

My store is a certified "gold contributor" to the company. Which means it's among the chains most elite.

Store wide, we average well over 5000 pieces of freight (maybe more) a night. The flow team has to unload it all from the trucks, pull it to the floor, break it down and push it all in a little more than 4 hours and work the pulls. We're talking maybe 25-30 (on a good night) people total. EVERY NIGHT! There are no slow nights.

People stay 3, 4, even 5 or more hours late every day to finish. People are exhausted and hanging on by a thread.

Making it even better, more than half of the crew are women at or over the age of 50. Not exactly what you call good movers. Another large portion hardly speaks any english.

Every day at the huddles they talked about driving sales and how "driving sales=more money for more people and more available hours." Well, that's the big lie! We've been blowing the doors off of all expectations for sales and it's been cut, cut, cut!

We have to keep doing more, with less.

Back to my call-ins this year. Well, I work dairy/frozen backroom. I'm either in the 25 degree cooler or 10 below zero freezer ALL NIGHT! With substandard gear on top of it. In the summer I go through constant 100 degree temperature swings on a daily basis. In the winter, it takes me hours in front of a heater after work to thaw out. I make no more than anyone else for enduring such conditions.

I took 2 days for being sick. I worked through many, MANY more where I was sick and so sore in every part of my body that words can't express it.

You'd think they might take that into a little consideration.

But no. They want robots, not humans.

well yeah that is what every corp wants out of field workers. you are right that what companies consider "luxury" expenses such as sick pay and personal days and going the way of the dodo. this is because more and more retailers ar etrying to boost that profit margain every way they can. this has become harder and harder to do with the advent of more prolifict e-shoppers.

people shopping online is what is cutting into employee benefits. most companies LOVE websites since it is low cost mainantance.

as for you being passed over that does suck. you seem like you know the ins and outs of everything. like i said i would DEF, in your case, be the squeaky wheel so to speak. unfortunately, and it happens everywhere, that qualified people can be passed over due to someone with fewer qualifications being more noticed.

i never kissed a single booty to get where i was in the company, or where i am at currently, but i had to have a battle plan of what i wanted to do, where i wanted to go and how i had to do it. i also got shot down for a promotion but i just kept going and eventually got the job on my terms.

decide what you want to do be it sales lead, planogram, etc and MAKE them notice you. you dont need to kiss ass but unfortunately you have to play with nice with whomever it is at corp or in the field making the decisions. i can give you more advice if you want to shoot me an email and talk about it. i'd be more than glad to help out a fellow nerd like myself haha

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo should i be worried or not?????????????????????????????

and if it sucks that bad, i would walk out. seriously, why work for a place that doesnt treat the workers like they should??????? before my current job, i worked strictly in plants and facotrys, all non union, and we were still treated better then you target guys it sounds like. no baby sitting ( watching us work ) thats for kids, im 31, i wouldn't let anyone watch over my shoulder ( on camera ) - give me notes stapled to my check or anything else that suggests im a child. when i was 17 i worked grave yard, 40 hrs a week for a clothing company and i still didnt get treated like that.

1) you are paid GOOD and wont leave, put up with the BS

or

2) your scared to leave - its what you know- you put up with the BS.

sorry i cant help you guys with your rants and raves, i just wanted to know if i should hang in there with my order

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo should i be worried or not?????????????????????????????

and if it sucks that bad, i would walk out. seriously, why work for a place that doesnt treat the workers like they should??????? before my current job, i worked strictly in plants and facotrys, all non union, and we were still treated better then you target guys it sounds like. no baby sitting ( watching us work ) thats for kids, im 31, i wouldn't let anyone watch over my shoulder ( on camera ) - give me notes stapled to my check or anything else that suggests im a child. when i was 17 i worked grave yard, 40 hrs a week for a clothing company and i still didnt get treated like that.

or

sorry i cant help you guys with your rants and raves, i just wanted to know if i should hang in there with my order

meh i'd hang in there with your order. you ordered it. it will get filled. doesnt mean you cant look for it in the store. if you do end up finding what you are looking for just return the one you bought online when it comes in.

or

Sorry I didn't mean to get carried away, I originally just wanted to point out why good customer service in stores is getting so hard to find.

I would quit in a heartbeat, but I have to stay for now. I need the health benefits until I get some things taken care of, and I need the checks to keep the bills paid. All I need to do is get to the point that allows me some wiggle room and that's it, I'm outta there!

or

Sorry I didn't mean to get carried away, I originally just wanted to point out why good customer service in stores is getting so hard to find.

I would quit in a heartbeat, but I have to stay for now. I need the health benefits until I get some things taken care of, and I need the checks to keep the bills paid. All I need to do is get to the point that allows me some wiggle room and that's it, I'm outta there!

no its fine man, i didnt mean to add my 2 cents. where im at now i make damn good money- but i WORK holidays with nothing more then my reulare wage. i dont complain, i love my job now-

its just i put myself in your shoes ( watching you, treatin g you liek crap and the note they attached to your check ) that actually pi$$ed me off, lol, iand i dont even work there.

well i'll just hang in there and see what happens. it does irratate me cause i seen the repaints i ordered at wal mart........ i didnt buy cause i have some on target.com. should of grabbed them then though, i regret it because i havent seen anything since

I had someone pick me up a Starscream as I can't find them.

One Target installed price checkers with no keypad. Another disabled their keypads a couple days after I tried to get a Starscream with the DPCI(they refused). Seems their checkout policy at one store is "only one copy of a toy" which explains why the scalper-friendly G1 Jazz remained stacked long enough to grab a spare for someone- only to get restocked days later while at least 4 were on the pegs.

I've seen employees literally run past the toy section to avoid customers there.

I had someone pick me up a Starscream as I can't find them.

One Target installed price checkers with no keypad. Another disabled their keypads a couple days after I tried to get a Starscream with the DPCI(they refused). Seems their checkout policy at one store is "only one copy of a toy" which explains why the scalper-friendly G1 Jazz remained stacked long enough to grab a spare for someone- only to get restocked days later while at least 4 were on the pegs.

I've seen employees literally run past the toy section to avoid customers there.

Hey now, I NEVER run!!!

@hmmm@

...but I do tend to walk very quickly! :P

Then again, that's pretty much how I am anytime I have to cut across the sales floor from the backroom when the store is open.

I am so glad that I work overnights

But come January that will change and we will will be in early mornings

I so don't like being bothered by customers they never let us finish our work

I know what you mean. I worked on planogram last summer during the days and it was downright nightmarish at times. And man did people get pissed at us! We had to hear all the gripes people had because of Target always moving everything around on them. Especially old people, they HATE that!

They had enough and put it back overnight again a little over a year ago and I jumped ship soon after. I'm back overnights again in dairy/frozen and it sucks! Grocery flow is mostly old ladies. I don't how they expect that job to get done with so many. Super K it was all guys almost all the time. There were a few women, but they had to be younger and strong enough to keep pace.

I miss my Super-K days! They were much more effective with less people running their overnight stocking teams, we did with the store open 24 hours. Of couse, that was when times were good for them. Several years later they were circling the toilet. I'll always say it was more corporate bungling than anything else.

I never understood the "move everything around" mentality of stores. I like the idea of being able to walk into a store and head tot he desired section without having to guess where things are every few months.

Speaking of KMart, I actually has an employee at one admit to me a few weeks back that they literally have PALLETS of toys sitting in their back room, but are not allowed to put them out until the older crap they have on shelves sells. The junk toys no one wants and they won't clearance. They have Galactus wave MLs on pegs!

Well unless its a full scale remodel new merchandise does come in and they move out the old by clearancing it off

But thats one reason.I cannot give a reason for some changes like one year in my store they moved the action figure aisle to where we keep the preschool items and then 6 months later they changed it back and never went back that route again

Well unless its a full scale remodel new merchandise does come in and they move out the old by clearancing it off

But thats one reason.I cannot give a reason for some changes like one year in my store they moved the action figure aisle to where we keep the preschool items and then 6 months later they changed it back and never went back that route again

That's what always bugged me on planogram. We'd completely flip the aisles around then a few months later flip them back to where they basically were before. That especially happens in toys where they want to re-arrange aisles for summer stuff then put them back to regular stuff in the winter time.

I got off doing planograms cuz we were only supposed to be doing one side of an aisle a night and have done 100% before we leave. However, they kept sticking us with 2 a night which at times was downright impossible. The company estimated set times were well beyond 8 hrs. for each of them too.

I don't know about you, but we had to de-merch, move clearance, backstock, pull, push, and set. We got NO help at all. No batches pulled for us, no help with backstock...NOTHING! Sometimes it wasn't so bad, other times they just totally packed in the section we had to set which obviously made the de-merch process a major pain.

I'm so glad I got off that job!