Scouting Ahead

GGPiKE

Well, I arrived here a little early, planning on doing the touristy stuff tomorrow before everyone gets here. So I decided to take a little walk around and see where the convention is going to be held, get the layout of the hotel etc.

I came away with this. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the hotel layout before registration. With the construction in the hotel, it is pretty easy to wonder around for 20 min constantly muttering "where t.f. am I?" Take advantage of the hotel staff, there are lots of them around to help you out. There are different sets of elevators for different sets of floors, separate elevators for the convention level the convention is on (international level) etc. I ended up not being able to find the elevator down to that level, and instead took the fire escape stairs, which you get to by going down one level from the lobby via an escalator.

Trust me, you'll figure out the madness I'm talking about when you get here. Add to that some kind of elevator emergency at the Hyatt next door, and boy it's a circus. Neat thing though, is that a huge bulk of the aviation industry is here in Atlanta at various venues. Pratt and Whitney are meeting here. Love to talk to some of those guys! Also, they are having a teacher's convention at the Hyatt next door . . . so there are some foxy ladies around. @smilepunch@

Skarapz, Card, Chazz and myself should be rolling in around 2:00 or so tomorrow. See ya then!

What about the dinner plans . . . did anyone ever make a reservation? And when are we going, since everyone will be at different places in the line (unless we all got the green sheets . . . then we should be ok)

I got the number in my phone. I will call when I get there and I have an idea of numbers. There can easily be 20 of us.

So, we'll basically have a herd. Awesome. Let me know when you guys get in tomorrow. I'm probably going to go to the aquarium and civil war museum, but I'll be back to the hotel around 4:30 or so. I want to try and get in line by 5 or so in order to get through it quick.

Skarapz should have my #.

While waiting on people to finish up, they have a bar on the level right about the lobby level . . . it's kind of out in the open, good place to hang out for a bit too. Cause we all know beer = fun.

While waiting on people to finish up, they have a bar on the level right about the lobby level . . . it's kind of out in the open, good place to hang out for a bit too. Cause we all know beer = fun.

Be careful - that bar is CRAZY expensive on mixed drinks ($8-9 dollars for a Jack 'n Coke) and they charge $5ish for a Budweiser. And go directly to the bar tender, I waited 25+ min for a Sweet Water when I was there for Dragon Con.

Be careful - that bar is CRAZY expensive on mixed drinks ($8-9 dollars for a Jack 'n Coke) and they charge $5ish for a Budweiser. And go directly to the bar tender, I waited 25+ min for a Sweet Water when I was there for Dragon Con.

Oh man, you're kidding! I can't stand places like that. Usually though, they're that expensive cause they're the only "place" around or nearby. I've shelled out more than 5 for a Bud so I can get past that. But hey, I'll pay out the a$$ for any kind of drink after I've waited in line for an hour and dropped a few hundred on toys @loll@

Oh man, you're kidding! I can't stand places like that. Usually though, they're that expensive cause they're the only "place" around or nearby. I've shelled out more than 5 for a Bud so I can get past that. But hey, I'll pay out the a$$ for any kind of drink after I've waited in line for an hour and dropped a few hundred on toys @loll@

Nah, tons of watering holes around the near the hotel - I just happened to be there because there was fan sponsored karaoke for the con-goers. And seeing a drunken Harry Potter and Frank Stallone sing almost made the prices worth it.

Nah, tons of watering holes around the near the hotel - I just happened to be there because there was fan sponsored karaoke for the con-goers. And seeing a drunken Harry Potter and Frank Stallone sing almost made the prices worth it.

You know, that would be worth it really...lol. And did someone say hot teachers....wooohooo. Beats the AA people from last year.

You know, that would be worth it really...lol. And did someone say hot teachers....wooohooo. Beats the AA people from last year.

hehe! that's hella funny! i hope someone takes pictures, i wanna see some hot teachers!! yeehaww!