A question

Lady Jaye

But, if someone things they surpass the original thats cool too. It doesn't make them any less a fan of ARAH or 'too young' to know any better. My v1 25th Snake-Eyes is far superior to my v1 ARAH v1 Snake-Eyes (he just need to be solid black to be nigh-perfect) - while my Flint is an elbow and some gloves away.

Well, it wasn't my intention to knock anyone. just that, As Lady Jaye said, a lot of us would appreciate greater functunality and durability over aesthetics. Especially from something advertised as "the most articulated ever".

As Lady Jaye said, a lot of us would appreciate greater functionality and durability over aesthetics. Especially from something advertised as "the most articulated ever".

I'll give you functionality on many of the figures (Destro/Roadblock/CC/Gung-Ho's Hands and the lack of a full range of motion on the elbows due to shirt sleeve rolls among other thinbs) but as for durability - well thats a bit different. I've had so many broken thumbs and crotches. I've had hands snap off over time. ARAH were good toys but would crumble under intense play as many of my now enuch Joes and Cobras would attest to and the others who are destined to never give a thumbs up ever again. But for their flaws, at least the old Joes were a few screws away from replacements.

I guess it just becomes hard to see it from my point of view. I don't really play with them any more. I put them in poses and change them occasionally so I'll take aesthetics as an equal to functionality and durability.

it depends on how you collect.

1: for play... both are good, RAH figures IMO are stronger and more durable for rough play ( for the most part) the 25th annis are not every trustworth for play imo.

2: Nostolgia - buy'em up to make up for your lost years as a kid, fair enough, but dont get mad

over change. It happens with everything.

3: Poseability - 25th takes this spot, if you think RAH poses better... let me have what you are smoking.

i can finally have beachhead sniping cobras with out having his head poking up. Storm Shadow can finally crouch! CC can finally shake his fist in anger! way better then Rah.

4: over all look - come on, the 25th are nearly perfect renditions of characters , Highly detailed with great posability, they finally have a trigger finger. Its like comparing Kenner Star wars figures to the newest wave of Hasbro figures. Apples and Oranges.

they look a helluva lot better next to the Blackhawk then thier RAH counter parts, but i guess thats what i like.. more realism.

it depends on how you collect.

1: for play... both are good, RAH figures IMO are stronger and more durable for rough play ( for the most part) the 25th annis are not every trustworth for play imo.

2: Nostolgia - buy'em up to make up for your lost years as a kid, fair enough, but dont get mad

over change. It happens with everything.

3: Poseability - 25th takes this spot, if you think RAH poses better... let me have what you are smoking.

i can finally have beachhead sniping cobras with out having his head poking up. Storm Shadow can finally crouch! CC can finally shake his fist in anger! way better then Rah.

4: over all look - come on, the 25th are nearly perfect renditions of characters , Highly detailed with great posability, they finally have a trigger finger. Its like comparing Kenner Star wars figures to the newest wave of Hasbro figures. Apples and Oranges.

they look a helluva lot better next to the Blackhawk then thier RAH counter parts, but i guess thats what i like.. more realism.

I'd agree with ya on #1 & #2, but that's about it.

The new features of articulation on the 25th Joes that are even somewhat decent, are the swivel wrists & ankles and that's all. Everything else is pointless or worthless, like the dbl. hinged knee joints, which are rendered useless by the limitation of the hips. They can't bring their knees up high enough to form a nice seated position (for riding in vehicles if they had any) but with the new KNEES they can kick themselves in the ass now! @lol what good is, and how REAL is....THAT?

The waists can't swivel or pivet, and the torso piece only swivels, so that's less range of motion there, the same for the ball jointed necks....all swivel no tilt. Trigger fingers are "poseability" it's a preformed feature to simulate the "trigger finger" but what if they're holding a knife, and what about those FISTS? You get half-assed either way ya look at it. NEW trigger fingers on one and a worthless fist on another. <_< Just give me a nice, sturdy C-grip for a hand and I'm happy. These 25th figures look like they got too close to the heat and started to melt and deform.

The only thing that is driving the popularity of these figures is....NOSTALGIA! You're right...they're PERFECT renditions of the same old characters as they first appeared (with a few exceptions) and that's the attraction getter. Sometimes, adding BETTER "special effects" doesn't always make an old favorite movie better, the colors are sharp and bright and the effects are seamless and look REAL, but the story is old and the characterizations are not as good as the original. It works the same for toys I guess? ^_^