LESS articulation on new 25th waves?

pesatyel

i dont know i really did not like the wrist artic. in flint and duke its like their hands are coming loss every time they hold a gun. i like it in the rest of the figs

but to ansewer your ? i dont know if she has it or not but if i find her today ill let you know

No more ridiculous than Destro/Roadblock not having double jointed knees. Or the hand on CC, Roadblock, Destro, and Gung-Ho. If its anything I've learned from Star Wars and HML - there is never a standard to articulation. And honestly I'm more ticked off that in Wave 2 cases they still have SE/SS/CC and not the Officer. Fill out the extra 4 spots with 2 of each and you remove useless peg-warmers.

Well so far I've only found Buzzer & Lady Jaye. As far as articulation goes, it's hard to get full range of motion with Buzzer's head due to the ponytail, otherwise he's great. Lady Jaye has no articulating wrists, at least her arms can bend 90 degress. Her legs though look kinda weird with the double jointed knee. I am just happy ^_^ I found something from wave two. Regardless I'll be getting multiples of the entire wave.

Just got reading the new Shortpacked and on his blog he mentioned that Lady Jaye doesn't have wrist articulation.

What about the others? And isn't that ridiculous, or is it just me?

On Lady Jaye, it makes sense. It's the same as on Snake Eyes and the Cobra Trooper. She swivels at the gloves instead of having the ugly gap like on Flint and Duke. They've also changed her knees to the double-jointed knees. Instead of what Scarlett and the Baroness currently have.

It's already pretty clear that these things are NOT "the most articulated" G.I.Joe figures.

The heads really only swivel side to side so that's going back to the '82 style which was LESS articulated.

The swiveling torso on these new ones, has ZERO motion forward or back and are LESS articulated than the ones before (with an O-ring).

All the limbs and main articulation points (shoulders, elbows, crotch and knees) have some problems in the "full range of motion" department, with the worst of them being in the elbows & hips.

Clinched fists are worthless, ##$%$#ed and hardly indicative of "highly articulated" action figures. Even if they COULD bend and move all over the damn place (which they can't) what good is it, if it's just for the motion of a FIST? No gun, no knife, no hanging onto NOTHIN'...just whippin' a fist all over! :rolleyes:

I need to do a mini-dio of all the multiple ways that CC can shake his fist in anger at ya! Take a pic of each position 1-20! @lol@

15 points of articulation of which 4 or worthless and 5 others are rendered useless because of design or an added holster or piece of gear. WHOOOOPIE! They shore looks good posed on my display shelf, in their original designed cards and looking sorta like their old original selves, depsite NEW designs. <_<

i was quite disappointed in the range of motion with the torso joint. i thought they were gonna kick butt like the star wars clone troopers, but oh well. i do love the new snake eyes and storm shadow, and very disappointed with duke/gungho. i've opened the joe pack but still have the cobra pack to open. regardless, i'm going to get each and everyone of these figs.

It's already pretty clear that these things are NOT "the most articulated" G.I.Joe figures.

The heads really only swivel side to side so that's going back to the '82 style which was LESS articulated.

The swiveling torso on these new ones, has ZERO motion forward or back and are LESS articulated than the ones before (with an O-ring).

All the limbs and main articulation points (shoulders, elbows, crotch and knees) have some problems in the "full range of motion" department, with the worst of them being in the elbows & hips.

Clinched fists are worthless, ##$%$#ed and hardly indicative of "highly articulated" action figures. Even if they COULD bend and move all over the damn place (which they can't) what good is it, if it's just for the motion of a FIST? No gun, no knife, no hanging onto NOTHIN'...just whippin' a fist all over! :rolleyes:

I need to do a mini-dio of all the multiple ways that CC can shake his fist in anger at ya! Take a pic of each position 1-20! @lol@

15 points of articulation of which 4 or worthless and 5 others are rendered useless because of design or an added holster or piece of gear. WHOOOOPIE! They shore looks good posed on my display shelf, in their original designed cards and looking sorta like their old original selves, depsite NEW designs. <_<

Exactly. These things, generally, have WORSE articulation than the previous 25 years of Joes.

I have to admit, that torso joint does leave something to be desired and does have less motion then then the old O-ring. I'm not one to denounce something just cause it's different then what I'm use too, in fact I was a big supporter of the new style, but once I got them in hand I found that what should have given them more motion actually gave them less.

No more ridiculous than Destro/Roadblock not having double jointed knees.

Don't get me wrong, I really disliked that as well.

On Lady Jaye, it makes sense. It's the same as on Snake Eyes and the Cobra Trooper. She swivels at the gloves instead of having the ugly gap like on Flint and Duke.

If that's the case, no problem then. I really didn't like those gaps on Duke and Flint - they could have easily hid that.

For some reason the clenched fists don't bother me as much as I would have thought, can't really explain that... But I do agree with you on all other points. What is the point of putting in a ball-jointed head if there's no range of motion?

There really isn't any excuse - Hasbro should have worked out all the kinks with the VOTC Stormtrooper and SA Clones they've been doing. I still like this line but I prefer RAH!

Guys,

I was wrong, she doesn't have the swivel hands. I thought she'd had them, but just looked at my figure again and noticed she doesn't, that sucks!

the chest and head dont give alot of movement for sure. LJ no swivel wrists sucks big time. i think if the keept the O ring it would of ben much better IMO . but if you look at them like i do they are great for display and some fodder. but from the look of the new stuff the figs look great but not much for play.