New custom - FRENZY - from pairadocs design lab

pairadocs

Picked up a Robot Replicas Frenzy last week... didn't really know about this one, but when I saw it, I knew I had to have it!! And customize immediately! It was just too cool...

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of articulation of this "Robot Replicas" figure... I mean, if it can't transform, it should at least pose a little better, right? So I started hacking in at it, and replaced the biggest area of disappointment - the shoulder joints. I replaced the regular pop-swivel joint with a balljoint, so now both arms have a much greater range of motion... especially nicer when you pop in his gun arm!

I was also bummed by the lack of detail on him, especially next to the package images of frenzy, with his little pieces of sharp metal sticking up all over the place. I added a bunch of styrene plastic parts to him, including some rectangular pieces on his legs and a bunch of other little dohickeys and such, to match the movie version a bit more.

I started him with a base of metallic black (like most of my robots), then layered him up with a few levels of metallics, finished with a nice drybrush of chrome. Then I added in some faded gold (like the artwork, not like the gold on the original figure) detailing for accent.

The chrome parts came out way better than I expected. The images don't do it justice because of his reflectiveness... he looks like he's actually made out of metal now!

Let me know what you think!

Frenzy3c.jpg

Frenzy4c.jpg

Frenzygun-c.jpg

Frenzy5c.jpg

frenzy-b4after.jpg

He's up on ebay now too: See the auction here

NOTE: My eBay name has changed (to be more appropriate) - you can find me now as seller pairadocs-design