Thinking of selling my figure collection

DarthHavok

To Sell or Not to Sell...?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Choose, but choose wisely.

• Sell, Sell, SELL! Stick with Sideshow
    • Are you CRAZY! Blasphemy!!

I have been toying with the idea of selling my entire collection of Star War figures dating back to 1995's POTF2 to the current 30th Anniversary collection. They are loose but have never been played with and divided by movie into six different tackle boxes. All figures are mint. Some are customs, and there are plenty of troop builders.

The hunt for new figures and the ammount of collectors scooping up everything they can find to sell for inflated prices on eBay have really started to wear me down. It seems though everytime I think of doing this, I find a new wave of figures and buy them, thus sucking me back in and giving me collector fever all over again. I have been collecting the Sideshow and Medicom figures which have a heftier price tag and am really digging them. I figure moving forward I might as well stick to one form of collecting instead of all forms. I can't part with the Sideshow figures and they are certainly easier to obtain at retail price from the website. I don't know. This is my first post and I don't know any of you fellow Lucas nuts, but there in lies the connection. We're all Star War nuts to some degree or another, so to you my fellow steel bikini clad Leia loving friends I present my question.....

To sell or not to sell....?

i have been collecting them since 95 also i have just about everythinng realesed since but i to have been debating on selling not that the figs. are not abundent here this is the time for collecting so many new figs one can barely keep up and the expanded universe is going great which is one of the things i have been waiting on but i have decided to just stick with gi joe since ive been collecting them for allot longer so i would have to say sell since i know kinda where you are coming from

With all the views I had hoped for some more votes... This is a much harder decision than I thought it would be. Thanks to those who voted. I guess I'll take a look on eBay and see what the going rate is for a collection like this and see if that helps my decision making process. Does anyone have any suggestions?

well sideshow could stop making them at any moment where as hasbro will most likely go on forever... :) Something to think about... anyways if its dragging you down you can always stop now, no reason to sell it off & you can just get back into it when ever... or if you find you don't miss it sell them all latter down the road....

About a year ago I sold off like 80% of my toy collection and opened the Star Wars figures I wanted to keep. I was prompted to do this by space constraints and the higher quality versions of many of the characters released since about the POTJ era -- POTF2 was almost entirely sold off. Now I have one big Sterilite tote that holds my 200 or so loose figures (in little bags) and five vintage vinyl "collector cases" that hold my vintage SW and vintage Indy collections. I sleep better at night. The only thing I have carded are the modern Vintage Style figures and the McQuarries.

Sideshow could pull out of making Star Wars figures, but they're making money hand over fist with this property. With them starting to branch into the Expanded Universe and with two new series' coming in the next couple of years AND with all of us suckers here on the forums and around the world who love Star Wars and NEED to get our mitts on them... I doubt that they will stop making them any time soon. Besides, I don't want them to make too many Star Wars figures cause I'll run out of space and money. My thouhgts on selling my 3 3/4 figs is not due to space or cash, but difficulty in tryng to obtain them with all the scalpers on the loose. Sideshow makes it nice and easy. That and I'm getting married soon and the extra cash may go a long way towards the wedding... My wife-to-be is understanding of my "junk" and has informed that she does NOT want me selling them for the wedding because she knows how much they mean to me. That and having spent the last 13 years collecting them all. I dunno. There have been some good arguments here... I will have to medidtate on this more.