Worst TF toy ever??

Leatusiv

Was there ever a TF you got and then looked at it and thought"I paid what for this piece of %&$# ?? One that quickly jumps to mind is that GAWD awful Supreme Cheetor from a few years back....Lord that thing was horrid....When I liquidated a few years later I couldn't give that thing away!!! I am currently reamassing things I had but I can say with 100% accuracy that that will not be on the list.

I think it a little unfair to compare G1 era stuff with current stuff. A lot of G1 sucked by comparison to recent stuff. I made a thread about Monstructor. Man THOSE figures suck! But technology was limited back then.

As for more "modern" stuff, I'd say Beast Machines Silverbolt.

Armada Starscream. My wife bought it for me as a gift, and I ended up apologizing to her for having to spend money on it.

He's a masterpiece figure (in terms of appearance) compared to the new animated version.

I really like that mold and only need the repaint from the Sam's exclusive set to have them all. Not liking it is one thing, but worst ever? Not even in the ballpark my friend!

Armada Scavenger

Armada Sideswipe

Too many g1/g2 figs to count

A bunch of Beast Machines

...and lots more that are far worse.

Was there ever a TF you got and then looked at it and thought"I paid what for this piece of %&$# ?? One that quickly jumps to mind is that GAWD awful Supreme Cheetor from a few years back....Lord that thing was horrid....When I liquidated a few years later I couldn't give that thing away!!! I am currently reamassing things I had but I can say with 100% accuracy that that will not be on the list.

The $15 Cheetor was worse. Much flopper all around. At least supreme Cheetor could stand on his own(in either mode). I had a mega Cheetor, toy felt like it was built with"hit by a car" articulation.

I would say the entire Beast Wars line...I never got into that.

I'll admit this line had some stinkers but the whole line?? Beast Wars is why we still have a TF toyline.....In my humble Opinion the vast majority of stuff that has come out since Bowel Movements...Er,I mean Beast Machines have been totally lame...As far as G1 goes some of my favorite pieces come from that era....But that's for another thread.lol

I know it's the obvious answer, but wheelie is pure crap. There are a number of g1/g2 toys that were horrid, some bw (not the whole line; tm and tm megs were cool..I don't have many more so I can't really say much one way or the other). Armada and energon perceptor were craptastic.

I agree w/ rama sha; armada ss wasn't that great; animated looks at least as good.

oh, and masterpiece prime..sheesh! What was hastak thinking!?!? :P

Was it a craossover with Burt Reynolds??lol Kidding ....What was it??

After the Maximals found the shuttle and took off for Cybertron I needed a backstory for the rest of the toy line that never made it onto the show

So I started with the stasis pods the fell out of orbit to Earth I used the bat Primal and Gator Megatron (with different names of course).they made their armies by finding statsis pods and in the gators case he turned them into Preds

Later in the line there was a transmetal 2 bat and Gator (who was more of a fuzor because he had a turtle shell)

That story was after an accident when the bat found Megatrons transmetal cog he accidently got struck by lightning holding the cog and it changed him Well the gator later on stole it and wanted to change he had a troublsome pred who was scrutenizing to take over from him so he threw in a turtles shel while the gator was in the rebult stasis pod going threw the transformation and came out as a fuzor

The treacherous pred was Scavenger the ant

As for the mutant line

I had an uprising in the predacon ranks were Sacvenger took the captured bat and threw him in a rebuilt stasis pod with their former leader the gator and used the cog again

This time both were one as a mutant allway trying to take over one anothers form

Meaning the gator in his form to gain revenge on the preds and the bat in his form to try to warn the maximals

I never have gone back and done anything to have that story go on I abanded it after Armada came out

I think it a little unfair to compare G1 era stuff with current stuff. A lot of G1 sucked by comparison to recent stuff. I made a thread about Monstructor. Man THOSE figures suck! But technology was limited back then.

I agree, ESPECIALLY with Ironhide/Ratchet. The toys can't be blamed for not looking like the cartoon, as they were made first after all. Besides, the G1 stuff (especially the first few years) was AMAZING for its time. Even with added articulation, most of the later stuff still didn't look as good.

I do think the Pretenders were terrible though - the line was way past its prime at that point.

I agree, ESPECIALLY with Ironhide/Ratchet. The toys can't be blamed for not looking like the cartoon, as they were made first after all. Besides, the G1 stuff (especially the first few years) was AMAZING for its time. Even with added articulation, most of the later stuff still didn't look as good.

I do think the Pretenders were terrible though - the line was way past its prime at that point.

Yeah I don't think it's very fair to throw too much negative criticism at Ironhide and Ratchet. Keep in mind they were designed to be a piloted mech and not a sentient robot. With the little driver it's a different story, it makes more sense.

I still haven't gotten over not being able to get the Ironhide and Ratchet Botcon exclusives from a couple of years ago. Personally I think that mold was the PERFECT one for them. This years seekers just poured salt on old wounds.

Actually I didn't think much of them when I was younger.....Now that I'm older I realize that Rachet and Iron Hide are actually little feats of 1970's Toy Technology....If you look in TF #1(marvel) they're actually drawn like the toys and not the cartoon...They started that with #2. I think they are vastly better than say...Geckobot a toy that came out 20 years later.