i just got all of wave 2

heikks86

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've been doing all the jokin' and rippin' on Serpentor here, about his bald head and whatnot, I might as well post my thoughts on him (to the contrary) having played around with and observed this figure on my desk here, over the last couple days since I got him.

He's growing on me. ^_^ Not like a FUNGUS mind you, but in a more positive opinion towards him. ;)

This is a pretty SOLID figure, and while larger sized (about in compariosn with Destro) I think he looks pretty good in this scale, as compared to the others. It at least gives him the appearance of being a more intimidating and imposing stature of a evil cloned villain.

I still don't like the bald head and the sculpted details of his face, but it's not as bad in person as it is all blown up 500 times the size on a computer screen. I've never EVER liked the painted flesh on these figures as it fills in a lot of the finer details and looks too puffy and shiney. I like the plastic for the head and hands to be flesh colored and then the hair or others features to be the painted part. Flint suffers from the painted flesh as well, and Buzzer is plastic flesh color and looks a 100 times better.

Nevertheless, I will still mess around with Serpentors head and see if I can make it look better, but OVERALL, his figure is a pretty solid piece of plastic, that doesn't seem as puny and fragile as the others (probably due to being larger) and I like it. His arms are awesome and would have looked better if these were used for Gung Ho and Roadblock as they have a BETTER muscular detail to them. The elbow straps look like hell on those guys and I don't like it when thy do that, but anyway...

Serpentor gets a bit of an upgrade by me, on my critique of him earlier.

I scored a set of Wave 2 today, I think it's an excellent wave (even serpentor). What I want to know is, why in the heck do the Cobra soldiers come with a damn sniper rifle?! Can someone tell me why? Are all Cobra troopers snipers?

Since I've been doing all the jokin' and rippin' on Serpentor here, about his bald head and whatnot, I might as well post my thoughts on him (to the contrary) having played around with and observed this figure on my desk here, over the last couple days since I got him.

He's growing on me. ^_^ Not like a FUNGUS mind you, but in a more positive opinion towards him. ;)

This is a pretty SOLID figure, and while larger sized (about in compariosn with Destro) I think he looks pretty good in this scale, as compared to the others. It at least gives him the appearance of being a more intimidating and imposing stature of a evil cloned villain.

I still don't like the bald head and the sculpted details of his face, but it's not as bad in person as it is all blown up 500 times the size on a computer screen. I've never EVER liked the painted flesh on these figures as it fills in a lot of the finer details and looks too puffy and shiney. I like the plastic for the head and hands to be flesh colored and then the hair or others features to be the painted part. Flint suffers from the painted flesh as well, and Buzzer is plastic flesh color and looks a 100 times better.

Nevertheless, I will still mess around with Serpentors head and see if I can make it look better, but OVERALL, his figure is a pretty solid piece of plastic, that doesn't seem as puny and fragile as the others (probably due to being larger) and I like it. His arms are awesome and would have looked better if these were used for Gung Ho and Roadblock as they have a BETTER muscular detail to them. The elbow straps look like hell on those guys and I don't like it when thy do that, but anyway...

You do seem to have a hatred for bald people. Are you a baldaphobic? Do you go around committing hate crimes toward Bald men in your spare time?

You do seem to have a hatred for bald people. Are you a baldaphobic? Do you go around committing hate crimes toward Bald men in your spare time?

I'm BUSTED! @lol@

Found mine at Target this afternoon, the whole set! Only one set there however, maybe an employee picked up the other half. Strange that they placed out an SE, SS, and CC out along with the 2nd wave, maybe they found them stashed somewhere.

Found mine at Target this afternoon, the whole set! Only one set there however, maybe an employee picked up the other half. Strange that they placed out an SE, SS, and CC out along with the 2nd wave, maybe they found them stashed somewhere.

hehe, they found someone's stash!

I'm fairly certain SE/SS/CC are all apart of the Wave 2 assortment and round out the 8 figure case. Still irks me that they didn't include the Officer instead - but two army builders in 1 wave would make WAY too much sense, I suppose.

Flint and the Officer really should have been part of the Wave 2 pack considering they were short packed in favor of the very figures they packed in again.

Hopefully they will do some 2.1 revisions or the like - seeing as Wave 2 is hitting and a large majority is still searching high and low for wave 1.

the wave 2 case has:

Beachhead

Serpentor

Buzzer

Lady Jaye

Cobra Trooper

Snake Eyes

Stormshadow

Cobra Commander

I have no clue why they put Snakes and Stormy back in the wave 2 cases, they are already the only ones I could find from wave 1. I still need to find Flint and Cobra Officer.

Plus, the fact that they are including the wave 1 figures again, means that all the wave 2 figures are shortpacked! Beachhead should have come 2 per case, and so should thr troopers.

it takes hasbro awhile to learn. For example the starwars line, the army builders were the hardest to find for a while and now they are everywhere. They still make ten thousand vaders just like se and ss are going to be, so i guess some things they just cant learn. like case ratios and how many times you can make the same figs with a diff color here and a new head there.

What I love is that one brand doesn't learn from another brand's mistakes even if they are in the same company. They all have to learn the lesson for themselves instead of just looking at the guy next door and see what happened to them. It wastes a lot of time when every line has to start from scratch on this sort of thing.