i just got all of wave 2

heikks86

Just got back from Walmart and they did have the single packs out. SE, SS, Hooded CC, Lady Jaye, Buzzer & Serpentor.

No Soldiers, No Officers and no Beachhead...which were the 3 I'd really went lookin for. <_<

Buzzer is pretty decent though (despite a rather sickly appearance and sunken cheek bones) and Serpentor is ok (despite a bland uncharacter sculpted face and bald head on him) but Lady Jaye was goofy as hell and I passed.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided the "fix" for my bald and UN-sinister looking Serpentor (hasbro style) is going to take my extra Spirit Iron Knife figure, give him a hair cut, dremel his neck appropriately and viola'!

Here's what I have in mind anyway...

11faceny2.png

Unfortunately I'll be passing on my namesake!! I was so hoping they would have given her the flowing hair look. I mean they altered Scarlett, her original figure never had a ponytail!! So why not give us the Lady Jaye that we all know and love, sans a hat!!

I'll also be skipping on Serpentor. I don't like that slicked armor, I would have rather seen the classic scales of the original. That helmet does look goofy! And no, he had black hair in the comics. While Larry Hama may not have liked the character, he wrote him perfectly!!!

Can't wait to find Beach Head and Buzzer!! Only ones from that wave I'll be picking up!!

I've decided the "fix" for my bald and UN-sinister looking Serpentor (hasbro style) is going to take my extra Spirit Iron Knife figure, give him a hair cut, dremel his neck appropriately and viola'!

Here's what I have in mind anyway...

11faceny2.png

Thats a really good idea and, in theory, would look menacing and bad ass like a man made histories most ruthless people. Too bad I have zero artistic talent. If/when you do this I would love to see pics.

Unfortunately I'll be passing on my namesake!! I was so hoping they would have given her the flowing hair look. I mean they altered Scarlett, her original figure never had a ponytail!! So why not give us the Lady Jaye that we all know and love, sans a hat!!

I'll also be skipping on Serpentor. I don't like that slicked armor, I would have rather seen the classic scales of the original. That helmet does look goofy! And no, he had black hair in the comics. While Larry Hama may not have liked the character, he wrote him perfectly!!!

Can't wait to find Beach Head and Buzzer!! Only ones from that wave I'll be picking up!!

What pisses me off most about Lady Jaye is that they show the unpainted version with a good waist next to the finished product with the crappy waist! What the hell happened between the two?

...but Lady Jaye was goofy as hell and I passed.

Someone please post pics of loose goofy Lady Jaye please.

The picture of her here, is about as accurate as any...

LADY JAYE

In person, in her package, she's ALL face (wide and goofy) and tits! She looks like the mom from That 70's Show, with two tons of Red lipstick on. icon8.gif

The rest of her is teeny tiny and delicate looking. Small hands and skinny flimsy, fragile looking legs. I know she's a gal, and they normally have such small features, but these figures are just poorly sculpted and designed. The "mask" wearing appearance of their faces (due to the new head neck connection) is starting to wear thin on me, and it's really done incredibly poorly on these Joes. Other figures (like Star Wars) I've seen with it, I've had to hold the figure up to see if it was all one piece or seperate, but not so with the Joes. They look like hell.

At the ol' COBRA annual Halloween bash this year, I can see a few LJ costumes showing up....

TRICK OR TREAT!!

;)

where has wave 2 been found?

Walmart, Target or TRU?

em

From the various posts here, I'd have to assume Walmart right now. That's where I spotted the ones I saw.

its crazy how allot of walmarts had nothing and now everyones finding wave two at them

Same feeling that I have too lol. Maybe when I get to Ga next week, I will have luck finding them at a local store there.

My walmarts have always been bare bones dry, Tazzzman knows what I mean, they never bother stocking up the toy aisles.

You got that right, but I just contacted someone on joesightings to ask if they might be able to pick one up for me since they reported they found them in Stevensons Ranch at the WM. I will keep you in mind when I am hunting bro. Hopefully we will find them sometime lol. If not there is entertainmentearth in North Hollywood that we can order them (if they get them) and pick them up at their office to save on shipping. Hit me up.

My walmarts have always been bare bones dry, Tazzzman knows what I mean, they never bother stocking up the toy aisles.

You got that right, but I just contacted someone on joesightings to ask if they might be able to pick one up for me since they reported they found them in Stevensons Ranch at the WM. I will keep you in mind when I am hunting bro. Hopefully we will find them sometime lol. If not there is entertainmentearth in North Hollywood that we can order them (if they get them) and pick them up at their office to save on shipping. Hit me up.

That's a great idea, I just might have to do that!

Hey Guys this is my first post, I too am getting annoid with the 25th Ann Joe area which is 5 pegs high and 1 row across being barron, I want to make little signs and go around town putting them on the pegs...I am going to a website called www.brandsoftheworld.com and get Hasbro's acutal logo and also wal-mart and target to make an "official" corporate looking sign in order to maybe make the a**holes re-order their stock. Can you guys help me out? I need the Item order numbers i.e. sku numbers...etc. I want it to say something like this, ATTENTION TOY DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT, Re-order and stock the following items GI JOE 25th Anniversary Figures. then the Date and Hasbro something or other department....what do you guys think? @firedevil@

I've spoken to the manager at my Walmart's toy department several times. They can request particular stuff but they have no control over what gets sent from the home office. Calling them names probably isn't going to improve your service experience either.

Found mine at the Polaris super walmart in Columbus, OH.

By the way I didn't take them all.

SWEET! My old neighborhood!

You live close by or just on a toy hunting trip from afar?

I had a house up on OLD STATE just off Polaris Pwky. Anyway...thanks for letting me know, maybe I can find a beach head there. :)

Has anyone pics of Serpentor with Hannibals helmet on? are the helmets the same?

Not the same. The hannibal helmet is smaller and won't fit on Serpy's bald dome...

does the hannibal helmet look better then serpys and if so would it be worth it to modify it to fit?