Marvel Toys should expand to Movie figures after LCBH

Afterlife07

I think that after Marvel Toys does Legendary Comic Book Heroes for a bit, they should consider doing a Movie Legends series or something like that.

These are the guy's i'd like to see:

Robocop

BAF: ED-209 from Robocop

Terminator T-800 (Arnold version from Terminator 2) with changeable robotic hand

Terminator T-800 "Skeleton"

Terminator T-1000

These are the ones we'd probably get:

Predator

Alien (possibly BAF)

Matrix figures (Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Agent Smith)

and these ones are a bit of a stretch, and by that I mean i've got some really random ones in here, but i'd also like to see:

Alex from a Clockwork Orange

Logan 5 from Logan's Run

Quint, Brody and Hopper with the Shark from Jaws set (with the Orca boat)

Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm with T-Rex from Jurassic Park set (It should come with the Jeep and flares for them to hold)

Wyatt and Billy with their bikes from Easy Rider set

There's many more but I can't think of them right now.

Anybody with me on this? What other movie characters would you like to see?

Too many of those brands have already gone to other toy companies already, it's a great thought.....but one that' has little hope of ever happening. :(

movie license are tricky since they are tied up with separate BIG studios.

the best way for them to appear is via comics approach for instance Robocop, Terminator, Predator and Aliens all appeared on Dark Horse comics.

LCBH can use the image from these to create a figure but are forbidden to take Arnold's image into a figure or else the Gubernator would say "Asta La Vista Baby."

• 2 weeks later...
movie license are tricky since they are tied up with separate BIG studios.

the best way for them to appear is via comics approach for instance Robocop, Terminator, Predator and Aliens all appeared on Dark Horse comics.

LCBH can use the image from these to create a figure but are forbidden to take Arnold's image into a figure or else the Gubernator would say "Asta La Vista Baby."

if that gets me an articulated predator i'm all for it, bring it on, i also like the idea of the matrix characters, i like to be able to pose and repose my figs every now and again

I wouldn't think getting the rights to do movie figures would be all that tough for Marvel Toys. Generally the creators of the movie or the studio own the rights and lease them to whatever company wants to pay, just like Hasbro did with Marvel's characters. The lease is for a limited time, which means classic characters like Robocop come available periodically. I seriosuly doubt Darkhorse has any say in what company does the toys.

I wholeheartedly agree that I'd like to see Marvel Toys do movie lines. They are doing the best action figures out there right now. The problem is that movie licenses are expensive, which means MT has already spent a lot on each figure before they even start designing. They'd have to cut some of the quality, unless maybe they could make up for it in volume. But that means doing new major movie release lines, not old figures from the 80s.

Quint, Brody and Hopper with the Shark from Jaws set (with the Orca boat)

Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm with T-Rex from Jurassic Park set (It should come with the Jeep and flares for them to hold)

Neither of these would ever happen. A 1:12 scale Jaws would be -massive-. The plastic consumption from that toy alone would be the equivalent of half a wave of figures. And the Orca boat? Are you serious? Same goes for the second one there. You'll never see either one of those. I think you'd be happier with movie licenses going to someone who will make them as 3-3/4 figures, not Legends-scale figures.

I'm all for movie characters, but I'd prefer that Marvel Toys stays with LCBH. Besides, plenty of movies, as someone else pointed out, were also comics at some point. It wouldn't be difficult, I'd wager, to get Robocop, Predator, or Terminator into LCBH just by using the same ploy they did to get Conan -- base it on the comic appearances not the movies, and therefore you don't get all tangled up.

Conan in LCBH is based off his appearances in his various Marvel Comics titles. They could do the same thing for other characters, perhaps basing Predator and Alien figures off their appearance in the Darkness/Witchblade crossover (two figures that are already in LCBH). Some time ago there was also a Robocop vs. Terminator (was that Dark Horse?) which would be a great two-pack for LCBH.

Forget movies. NECA and McFarlane have mined that for years. They're not figures but really statues, but I don't want to have to collect yet another version of the same figure simply to get the BAF. Give me figures we've never seen. Give me Zorro, the Phantom, the Shadow and Green Horrnet and Kato. While we're at it, how about some "super hero" characters from literature? The Scarlet Pimpernell, the three Musketeers, Alan Quartermain, King Arthur, Lancelot, Sherlock Holmes. I'm pretty sure most of these figures have been in comic books at one time or another, so the moniker LCBH would still apply. I'd prefer new figures based on characters we don't have.