Does the 25th Ann stuff seem to be sold out everywhere at retailers?

Zanzibar

I been checking retailers once or 2x a week for the past few weeks now, Targets I been to, have zilch everytime I go there, the Walmart I went to couple weeks ago just had numerous 5 packs but no singles. EVERYTIME I have a chance to talk a Target employee, they always say, uh we get new shipments everyday blah blah. So Im coming to the conclusion whenever I make a trip to a Target, that a. they always seem to be sold out of the ann stuff(hey they have the price tags for WEEKs on the pegs) whenever I make a trip, or b. they are slow in restocking.

I have experienced the same thing in Tulsa. Various visits to multiple stores (Wal*Mart, Target, TRU) at least once a week and all I have found are empty pegs where 25th anniversary Joes should be. I did find 1 SE and 1 SS at TRU last week but so far that's it, I haven't even SEEN 1 5 pack, I had to get both of mine off the web. :(

people are waiting for them here... I never thought that GiJoe would be something I would have to hunt for.

but I can't find the singles in abundance anywhere... I haven't found Flint or the Cobra Officer yet.

This week I went to a Walmart and they had none. I had them do the scan thing and they said they had ordered 9 cases! A couple days later I went back and they had received 3 cases, only 9 figures were left out of 24 (3 snakes, 3 ss, 3 cc). So I have to go back tonight because they are still expecting 6 more cases.... geez..

Weve been prety lucky here I guess. I see 5 packs all the time(but I do tend to see more cobra then Joe), and the singles arent that hard to come by. Ive seen plenty of Cobra Officers, CC; SS; Snakes and flints. Plus ive seen the black wolf varient several times but he seems to have been shut out of the newer case as he's no longer showing up. Now they do tend to sell pretty quick, but ive seen at least 5 restocks at my local wallies alone. What I never seem to find are the new sigmas, those are a pain in the ass to track down.

The Target by me got in or they put out like half a case or something.....their was hardly any on the pegs and they only put out like two five packs.......I waited after seeing them on the pegs for multiple days only to find them gone on the day that I had planned to go pick them up. Figures......since then nothing and the Wal-mart by me has nothing......not even Sigma Six....nothing Joe related.

Well after a treasure hunt today that included 2 Wal*Marts, a KMart, and 2 TRUs all I found was 3 five packs. A stocker at Wal*Mart did tell me they had 160 cases on order and had gotten none in. That's right... 160! I had to ask her to repeat the number I thought I had misunderstood her at first.

Found 1 cobra 5 pack a Target close by but STILL no singles. Im coming to the conclusion ALOT of people have been snatching singles than 5 packs. Its a good thing at the other Target close by my high school, I ask an employee if the 5 pack or singles are in stock. Luckily they had singles and the black Timber variant.

Well after a treasure hunt today that included 2 Wal*Marts, a KMart, and 2 TRUs all I found was 3 five packs. A stocker at Wal*Mart did tell me they had 160 cases on order and had gotten none in. That's right... 160! I had to ask her to repeat the number I thought I had misunderstood her at first.

that is 160 pieces on order, not cases.... 8 figures per box... so 20 cases on order

that is 160 pieces on order, not cases.... 8 figures per box... so 20 cases on order

Yeah, but that is still a LOT of figures, shortage or not. The last time we got a restock at my store, I figured that, if you crammed them, and all Walmart stores had 4 pegs of the same length, we could fit 9 cases put. His store has ordered DOUBLE that! The result will end up being that most of the stuff won't arrive until after Christmas, and unless stores expand their area for the line, his store will get bogged down with one or two waves.

My toy manager did that last winter, he ordered an ASSLOAD of Transformers Classics, supposedly for a display (which never went up), we ended up with a riser full of waves 1 and 2 of both deluxes and voyagers. True we had plenty of Grimlocks and Jetfires, but we never got any cases of wave 3 (which means no Ramjet or Cliffjumper)

My local Kroger (grocery store, in case anyone doesn't know) recently expanded and now has a toy aisle. I was there last night and they had 4 of the GI Joe 5 packs and 2 of the Cobra ones, seemed pretty bizarre to me that my small town grocery store is carrying these. They also have hooks for the singles but of course, nothing on them. I still need a Hooded CC and an Officer.

Weve been prety lucky here I guess. I see 5 packs all the time(but I do tend to see more cobra then Joe), and the singles arent that hard to come by. Ive seen plenty of Cobra Officers, CC; SS; Snakes and flints. Plus ive seen the black wolf varient several times but he seems to have been shut out of the newer case as he's no longer showing up. Now they do tend to sell pretty quick, but ive seen at least 5 restocks at my local wallies alone. What I never seem to find are the new sigmas, those are a pain in the ass to track down.

I don't know what Card is smokin, @smilepunch@ but the 25th singles are nowhere to be found up here in Denver - I've hit about a dozen stores in the last couple weeks and found nothing at all. I missed out on the black Timber too. @grumpy@ But I'm sure those will be shipping again for the holiday season.

And I've seen the new Sigmas too - pm me buddy!

I don't know what Card is smokin, @smilepunch@ but the 25th singles are nowhere to be found up here in Denver - I've hit about a dozen stores in the last couple weeks and found nothing at all. I missed out on the black Timber too. @grumpy@ But I'm sure those will be shipping again for the holiday season.

Your crazy flyguy, Ive seen the new singles all over the place. Target on colo, at buckingham, here at the rock...all over. Now maybe your just not lucking out, as they do sell quick, but they are definatly around. The reason you havnt seen them is you live to close to eplanettoys: Home to colorados best scalpers. Those clods clean out nearby stores and then resale for double if not more. I bet theyve grabbed every black timber they found. Throw me a mail, Ill hook you up on series one.

I got into these figures when I finally snagged the 5 pack Cobra set. I've actually been messing around with them, not just posing them on my shelf! I have em in the Cobra box under my bed!! Ahh like a kid again!! When I got em I put in my vinty copy of the Revenge of Cobra and just relived 5th grade Fridays!!! #US1#

I too haven't found a damn thing in way of singles!!! I know Target had some, but have been long gone!! Here's hoping Wal Mart got some finally!! And if they do, that they're the new wave cases!!!

Your crazy flyguy, Ive seen the new singles all over the place. Target on colo, at buckingham, here at the rock...all over. Now maybe your just not lucking out, as they do sell quick, but they are definatly around. The reason you havnt seen them is you live to close to eplanettoys: Home to colorados best scalpers. Those clods clean out nearby stores and then resale for double if not more. I bet theyve grabbed every black timber they found. Throw me a mail, Ill hook you up on series one.

you butthead, eplanet toys doesn't buy anything at retail to resell, they get everything from the manufacturers - and I got my sealed case of singles from them (no black timber though) and that's all they ever sold. They haven't got anymore in since. But it doesn't matter anyway, they are moving out at the end of Oct due to some issues with their building.

I can't believe I keep missing the singles at the shops, I swear I've hit every Walmart & Target in this area and they've been sold out for months. Bah!

Sorry bud, but im just calling it like it is. Not only do they scalp con toys, they buy figs all the time from scalpers as well as go to stores. You cannot honestly say they dont, Ive seen them with the bags back in the day. And any "sealed" case from them I would be leary of. I used to buy cases of MOTU from them, funny how only their cases had chase figs. I know their your friends but I know of quite a few collectors in CO that wont deal with them. They way over price things, scalp the entire area, and treat alot of their customers like a piece of it. Personally I feel no pitty for them, burn enough people and you get burnt, karmas a you know what.

Which is the exact opposite here. There are a ton of the Sigma 6 figures in Maryland, but no 25th Anniv. I went to 6 Walmart's 3 TRUS's, 1 Super-K and 3 Target's this weekend and found a total of 4 wave 1 single packs. 3 were at Super-K and 1 was at a Walmart....open. Every Walmart, sans the 1 with the open pack didn't even have any room or space for the Joe's. All they had was those crappy new age Corps figures. Please someone ask the Hasbro reps at the con what in the heck is up with the distribution in certain areas? Could someone also ask them when they are going to give Joe the respect they deserve? Oh and since I couldn't find the wave 2 or wave 1 anywhere I did what it seems like Ive been having to do since Valor vs Venom...ordered them online. Oh ask Hasbro as well why don't they sell their own product.

Sorry bud, but im just calling it like it is. Not only do they scalp con toys, they buy figs all the time from scalpers as well as go to stores. You cannot honestly say they dont, Ive seen them with the bags back in the day. And any "sealed" case from them I would be leary of. I used to buy cases of MOTU from them, funny how only their cases had chase figs. I know their your friends but I know of quite a few collectors in CO that wont deal with them. They way over price things, scalp the entire area, and treat alot of their customers like a piece of it. Personally I feel no pitty for them, burn enough people and you get burnt, karmas a you know what.

Yeah, they are friends of mine but they've always done ok by me and many other collectors. I bought my Joe case right off the UPS truck. I know you had a bad experience with them last summer, but that's your personal issue that you guys have to resolve. It's none of my business, but it's not cool to call them out in a public forum because you're mad they didn't buy your stuff. They don't scalp anything at all, and I'm not sure why you think they do. What do you think they scalp? When was the last time you were in that shop? July of 2006? Seriously you need to get over it. We should take this offline, pm me and we can discuss.

Anyway, I hit a 4 more Targets/Walmarts this weekend, up in north Denver and they had no singles at all. A few box sets, but no singles at all. @grumpy@

Which is the exact opposite here. There are a ton of the Sigma 6 figures in Maryland, but no 25th Anniv. I went to 6 Walmart's 3 TRUS's, 1 Super-K and 3 Target's this weekend and found a total of 4 wave 1 single packs. 3 were at Super-K and 1 was at a Walmart....open. Every Walmart, sans the 1 with the open pack didn't even have any room or space for the Joe's. All they had was those crappy new age Corps figures. Please someone ask the Hasbro reps at the con what in the heck is up with the distribution in certain areas? Could someone also ask them when they are going to give Joe the respect they deserve? Oh and since I couldn't find the wave 2 or wave 1 anywhere I did what it seems like Ive been having to do since Valor vs Venom...ordered them online. Oh ask Hasbro as well why don't they sell their own product.

ZOD!!! you live. So I guee you wont be at con this year, thats a bummer. Dont worry, i'll ask hasbro for you.