Does anyone remember

Leatusiv

A few years back at Botcon does anyone remember the guy that got up and basiclly told the Hasbro panel that the Beast Wars mutants sucked, that the fans weren't stupid and realized these were just Animorprh rejects that made it through production and slapped on BW cards.... I "believe" he refered to them as Vomitus lol.

lol From that point on all questions were filtered before asked lol....I was booed by the vast majority but I didn't care.The Hasbro guys were kind of shocked that they were presented with this....Funny thing is the next year in the Botcon comic they were killed off and refered to as "unmarketable product".

They were animorphs that they didn't know what to do with because the line died horribly....I guess they thought since they tried to stamp Transformers on them they could weasel them in:( They tried to deny that's what they were but then I saw some pics of the Mutants on their Animorph cards....I wish to God I had copies of those pictures now....

I remember hearing about this question from some friends that were at that Botcon. I also remember seeing the images of the Mutants with human faces labeled "Prototype Animorph Duel something" like right before the Animorph line died. When they were released as Beast Wars Mutants, it was said on ATT they were Animorph holdovers, but it wasn't till BC 2000 that Hasbro had it thrown at them. I thank you for asking your question.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!! I was crucified for months on the forums being called horrible names by the fandom....I tried to defend myself by letting them know I was speaking up for "ALL" of us but I was continuously trashed for the next few years....One guy even posted that after speaking to me at a show that he backed away because he didn't want to associate with my ilk or some such.... The only worth while thing that came out of it was the name the fandom gave me.Since I used the word Vomitus they decided to start refering to me as Vomitus Maximus ,truth is I wore it like a badge of honor lol. I actually had that on my Botcon badge for the next several years and as I mentioned before they killed them off in the BC comic basicly calling them crap...Some people said it was a shout out to me and I gladly accept!!

Yeah, the ATT die-hards basically ran a buddy of mine off for saying that there would be Decepticon Binaltech/Alternators. He was shouted down and when he defended himself--and when I posted that he had been right after Dead End was made--the clique members called him everything not nice. Of course, their saying "There will NEVER be a Decepticon made because..." turned out to be wrong, but not a one of them ever admitted they were wrong. I stopped being a regular on the TF boards because of that.

I've been trying to find the image of the prototype Animorph figures that shows that the Mutants were a part of that line. I remember that the "Razorclaw" figure had a head that was almost idenitcal to the aliens from Animorphs, and the others were either human heads, hybrid heads, or alien heads. They were to have come out at the same time as the big T-rex that was made of three humans, and might have been seen in the catalogue that came with it.