Hasbros false advertisement?

iExploreX

This may have been discussed before, but why do Hasbro's figures look so descent when they release pics but when the ACTUAL figs release, they look so crappy(low-end)?

Isn't it kind of like false advertisement?

If someone has a good, honest reason for this, let me know. Seriously. :)

Cause the initial photos they release are overly photoshopped, whereas the actual figures have no imaging software to hide behind?

I think its kinda funny that the promo pics for more recent series (ie/ series 3) step away from the photoshopping and show more of the blandness that the production figures will have. Maybe they realized they were getting peoples hopes up, and decided to disappoint people right from the get-go, heh.

It's only false advertisement if Hasbro doesn't put that "products color app. may vary in final product" line.

I think that is why toy companies put those sort of things on the packaging. It is like how movies and TV shows have the discolor of "The events and characters in this show is not based on anything real" despite that sometimes they are.

It's only false advertisement if Hasbro doesn't put that "products color app. may vary in final product" line.

I think that is why toy companies put those sort of things on the packaging. It is like how movies and TV shows have the discolor of "The events and characters in this show is not based on anything real" despite that sometimes they are.

Yeah, even Toybiz did it.....they always used the proto images for the pictures on the back of the box and on their site.

Well it’s not really false advertising because you can see how crappy the final product is before you purchase it. You can see the final figure very clearly through the clear bubble on the card. Sure the pictures of the figures on the back of the cards are doctored…but you still aren’t buying the figure under the pretense of it looking like it does in the photographs. But it is very annoying that the figures looks so much better in the pictures…yet like sheer crap when they hit stores. I really hate the plasticy look of HML’s.

its not really false advertisement. all the companies do it. they hand poaint them, make sure the figure has no deformations, all that stuff. its kinda like why hollywood actors/actresses look perfect (except danny devito, who has a large army or birds and rides a duck to work).

It's not really false advertisement.

Those pics shown are usually prototypes and Sometimes they may use photoshop to edit the colors or work on some slight altering. Even the figure used in the pic may not be the actual final product.

I still remember how many people complained about the ML series10 where Angels wings were smaller than the prototype pic and how different Mystique looked when she was displayed in SDCC.

.....and how different Mystique looked when she was displayed in SDCC.

do you have a pic of that? I'd be interested to see that.

sdcc mystique is just the ml mystique's head with invisible woman's? body.

If I remember correctly the head was also a little different. Her hairline was lower down, I can't quite remember if the scull thats on her forehead was there or not though.

sdcc mystique is just the ml mystique's head with invisible woman's? body.

If I remember correctly the head was also a little different. Her hairline was lower down, I can't quite remember if the scull thats on her forehead was there or not though.

I don't remember the skull either, but yeah I think the hairline was lower. It looked like the same head. Let me see if I can find pics.