Superhero alter-ego ML line?

jahue

I was just wondering if their was any interest in a Marvel Legend line featuring Matt Murdock, Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, ect in Civilian clothing not as superheroes. I would totally be into this. Anybody else interested or am I crazy? O they could throw J. Jonah Jameson in their too. I need him in ML style

They'd probably work as con exclusives. Like Matt Murdok and than you remove the clothing and underneath is his Dare Devil costume. Similar to what they did with Stan Lee.

I think these would do better as exclusives much like the two SDCC figures :) I can't see hasbro doing these well enough to sell as is if they were not exclusives... maybe as a some what limited run to TRU or something as well but I duno...

I`ve always had had that idea around my mind.

1. Steve Rogers in a green military suit

2. Tony Stark in business suit

3. Peter Parker with camera

4. DD in suit with cane

5. Resculpted ML11 Logan variant

6. Bruce Banner with lab coat

I`d love to see a boxset with those in

4. DD in suit with cane

dammit! those are good ideas!

This was a suggestion in another post in lieu of a 8 figure wave BAF. Having the unmasked version as a swappable head, or including accessories such as paraphernalia or weaponry related to the character (Dr. Strange's Orb of Agamotto, Cable's various weaponry, katanas swords for Electra, Psylocke, Punisher or Deadpool) or have android henchmen as a pack in for Hellfire Club members, Hydra agents for Viper, or Shield Agents with Nick Fury or Maria Hill etc.

yeah i always wanted those. I would hate it if it was a con exclusive. But a store exclusive would be cool or better, the shortpacked figure of an assortmen. How about ...

-Norman Osborn

-Harry Osborn

-Flash Thompson

-Gwen Stacy (TB actually did her in 5 inch)

-J.Jonah Jameson

-Rick Jones

-Foggy Nelson

-Karen Page

-Betty Banner

-General Thunderbolt Ross

-Jarvis

-Donald Blake

-Marlo Jones

-Happy Hogan

-Pepper Potts

I know it's a long list but there's is many I left out especially in the Spider-Man Mytho.

4. DD in suit with cane

we already had a Bruce Banner in the Hulk Classic line. he came in hulk as a pack-in

4. DD in suit with cane

we already had a Bruce Banner in the Hulk Classic line. he came in hulk as a pack-in

I know they made that Bruce Banner, but wasn't he out of scale? I heard he was quite a bit smaller than the others.

i would get them but like it was said before they most likly wouldnt sell well mass market. maybe a con exclusive or better yet maybe a short pack 1 per case type thing where they wouldnt need to make as many as regular figs. what about hasbro website exclusives where every three months they take a servey and make the fig that won then sell it on their website. they they could get a rought idea on how many to make and not have 100,000 figs that dont sell.

Well, there was the Bruce Banner figure in the old Hulk Classics line, and civilian Logan in the Legendary Riders series, but I doubt anyone would want to buy action figures of normal guys in general.

I actually prefer the "unmasked" versions of some figures we've gotten (Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Matt Murdock, Harry Osborne). I think it's cool to see the normal face underneath the superhero costumes. But really, the head is all I care about...whether they wear a suit, bluejeans or whatever on their "days off" doesn't seem all that interesting to me. Just my opinion.

4. DD in suit with cane

I know they made that Bruce Banner, but wasn't he out of scale? I heard he was quite a bit smaller than the others.

Yes, he was out of scale for what forum members posted. I believe he`s around the 5 or 5.5" high

hes kinda small, but hes perfect scale with the first appearance hulk as they are on the cover of the first issue. i have him (bruce) standing in front of the grey first app. hulk, with the shirt from the series 2 variant on him (hulk), and it looks perfect.

as far as alter ego figures. i think they would make good variants, but they couldn't move on their own. i don't even know if they would work in a two pack (i mostly bought the 2 packs for the villians, not another wolverine or iron man). toybiz had some of those 2 packs with 2 of the same character didn't they. it was an x-men movie fig and comic fig pack. but variants with totally different sculpts (not just unmasked but in their civies, or like the jigsaw variant was) would be cool, but only for very few people. i agree the dd unmasked but with glasses was kinda dumb, i bought him anyway (i would have rather had a matt murdock in a suit with a cane though)

but i think the best idea is swappable heads, like deadpool had, so we don't get screwed into buying 2 figures, that ML green goblin shouldn't have had a variant, it should have had swappable heads and a hand with the mask. all most of the face off unmasked variants we just a normal head and that folded down mask collar, easily done with one figure.

i would love that idea. a hell of a lot of peaple wants does. man peter parker and his gang. tony stark, steve rogers, matt murdock. i was so happy with that clark kent they did at dc. kent with suit and no superman underneath. i hoped for a suited bruce wayne but no chance.he got stupid batman changing stuff with him. i got the stan lee figure just for peters head. real clothing is bad for my taste. i prefer the sculpted one. hasbro, if you do those then you will find great friends with the toy collecters. but i guess a boy can dream. listen to the guys up here, they know what they want.

I'd pass on them, it's about them as super heroes for me.....not saying it's not a nice idea, but it's really hard for me to imagine any toy store wanting to stock them.

Swappable heads is the best way to go. Imagine swapping a maskless Peter Parker with his costumed head . . . . or Ben Reilly? or Tony Stark with Jim Rhodes with removable helmet for the classic red and gold armor ? Or Steve Rogers with John Walker, Black Widow's Natasha Romanov with Yelena Belova? Ben Grimm's human head inside the ExoSkeleton Thing suit (when he lost his Thing powers temporarily)? Wolverine also has a lot of adventures where he goes maskless while in costume. There are a lot of possibilities . . . .