Toyfare/Hasbro poll

seymourglass213

I think First Appearance Storm has a great sculpt. With the proper paint wash to accentuate her facial features, she would look excellent! Application of some pastel colors would do that. Looks like she shares the same lower extremities and some of her upper torso sculpt from Psylocke and TB Storm . . . . On Namor, the face can be recustomized by repainting his brows to look less exaggerated and by adding more hair sculpt and for me I'd add a pony tail (like Jae Lee's version), that would sound like a pretty cool variant.

I think this vote is a great idea. Unfortunately, I think these all look terrible. The few that don't look terrible are ruined by bad articulation. I think the best looking fig was the FA Storm, looks like a retooled Wasp, but I really have no interest in her.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Sunfire, but I agree, he does need some translucent plastic. Storm looks pretty good, actually, Northstar and Aurora should be a two pack (once they fix her that is!) That Gambit really sucks, as does Lilandra, and Magneto needs knee surgery. I voted for Sunfire. Now I want more AoA characters! Give me an AoA Magneto! Give me an AoA Nightcrawler! Give me an AoA Blink! (But for the love of gosh don't f*&%# her up!! Double knees and double elbows and double ankles and paint washes for all!!!)

AAAHH HAAHH HAHH HAAHH!!!!@! @firedevil@

Sorry, got a little carried away. But seriously, give me an AoA Blink, and make her hot like that SDCC statue!!

Man Clam it sounds like its time for you to get out of Marvel Legends.....I mean when was the last time you were happy with any of the figures coming out? It just seems like every post you make about Marvel Legends now is totally negative, it's hard for me to imagine the hobby brings you any enjoyment anymore.

The last positive thing he probably said was back when Toybiz was making the figs, and with good reason. The majority of Hasbro's figures have been uber-crap. There has been no more then 10 that are worth the oil that was used to make them

i think they are allright. sunfire is amazing and storm too. great plus for hasbro but if they keep loosing articulations then i am out. i hated the idea that they took out the shoulder joints. i was ok with the fingers. they didnt realy need articulations. now they take the leg joints out too. i allready have trouble to pose hasbrolegends. i didnt had those problems with toybiz. hasbro has a great character choice for my taste except spidey figures. with those they s*** bad. i hope next year there are some new spidey comic figures. anyway. if i cant pose my figures as i want them to be then i can wait till neca gets the license and then they can do nonarticulated figures. since those are prototypes i dont want to close my mind on those. i wait till they come out.

They should come out with variants! or do an exclusive like throw in a Thor version of Storm. I saw it from one of their Xmen Annuals or specials. or an alternate costume of Aurora. Also Sunfire's other costumes as variants. That is a surefire seller. I also suggest having Joseph as Magneto using that prototype body of Gambit. The old Gambit is way better than this proto. By the way, Gambit isn't supposed to have pupils, he's eyes are red when drawn, that's the main drawback of that figure aside from not having any details on the sculpt or paint wash.

Man Clam it sounds like its time for you to get out of Marvel Legends.....I mean when was the last time you were happy with any of the figures coming out? It just seems like every post you make about Marvel Legends now is totally negative, it's hard for me to imagine the hobby brings you any enjoyment anymore.

The last positive thing he probably said was back when Toybiz was making the figs, and with good reason. The majority of Hasbro's figures have been uber-crap. There has been no more then 10 that are worth the oil that was used to make them

If I recall correctly, Clam said something positive about Hasbro Marvel Legends recently. I think it was for the HML4 figures if I am not mistaken

Clam liked the Storm figure, so he'd good in my book @smilepunch@

FA Storm looks good, good sculpt and good articulation...so far as we have seen. If they take away her articulation, then it would be a mediocre figure at best

This quote of Clam's says otherwise. :P

all in all.. I can't say I would buy any of these figures until they go on clearance for 5 bucks.

Storm - she looks pretty good actually... she needs some paint details, but she's nice.

:P

Storm - she looks pretty good actually... she needs some paint details, but she's nice.

:P

Hehe....yeah I saw that, but then adding I'll buying on clearance when its $5 kinda nullifies that comment. :P (at least thats how I read it....maybe clam felt different)

well that least we can agree that they are using alot of TB bodies. I mean Northstar, Sunfire and Maybe Gambit are Bulleyes Base. which im my opinion is the best normal size male body. Also don't forget the that these are only proto types. in other word Aurora (forget Magneto) and Lilandra will get more POA .................eventually.

Who here think that the Twins should be in a Twin pack (pun intended) like Cable/marvel girl and Cannonball/domino? i would take them over Cable/Marvel Girl if i had the choice.

I did say that if the fa one isn't a heavily retooled figure, it is a copy and your pic proves it. :P

Just to clearify, I mean a copy as in looking similar as oppose to be a duplicate where the two have similar joints and a similar frame rather than one that looks clearly larger than the other like FA Wolverine is to brown costume Wolverine.

[snip] the two sculpts looks similar in terms that it looks like the same character in different costume rather than a different character with similar looking outfits like the previous figures that Toybiz and Hasbro have offered us.

He's got a point! Busted, Hasbro! After looking closely at the two picures, it definitely appears that both figures are of an African woman with white hair. And what's with the eyes? At least give this poor lady some pupils, Hasbro!

;)

I agree that the Aurora/ Northstar twins should be a Twin Pack WalMart exclusive, a la Cannonball/ Domino. Storm is the best figure of the group though with the least amount of critique. Like Stormfan's avatar photo shows, her eyes would look great with a hint of grey outline on her pupils.

I don't know. Figures of Storm with eyes (however visible they may be), tend to look ridiculous. Anyone remember the X-Men Evolution Storm figure? I rest my case.

I did say that if the fa one isn't a heavily retooled figure, it is a copy and your pic proves it. :P

Just to clearify, I mean a copy as in looking similar as oppose to be a duplicate where the two have similar joints and a similar frame rather than one that looks clearly larger than the other like FA Wolverine is to brown costume Wolverine.

[snip] the two sculpts looks similar in terms that it looks like the same character in different costume rather than a different character with similar looking outfits like the previous figures that Toybiz and Hasbro have offered us.

He's got a point! Busted, Hasbro! After looking closely at the two picures, it definitely appears that both figures are of an African woman with white hair.

;)

@loll@

well that least we can agree that they are using alot of TB bodies. I mean Northstar, Sunfire and Maybe Gambit are Bulleyes Base. which im my opinion is the best normal size male body. Also don't forget the that these are only proto types. in other word Aurora (forget Magneto) and Lilandra will get more POA .................eventually.

..And less paint @loll@ .

I wouldn't mind seeing this line-up in an X-men themed wave. Also, it's nice to see that they're at least thinking about releasing Northstar and Aurora.

He's got a point! Busted, Hasbro! After looking closely at the two picures, it definitely appears that both figures are of an African woman with white hair. And what's with the eyes? At least give this poor lady some pupils, Hasbro!

;)

Seems like you want to gang up on me as well

Lately, it seems like I make an opinion and I get attack for it from certain people. What is with all this hostility?

;)

Seems like you want to gang up on me as well

Lately, it seems like I make an opinion and I get attack for it from certain people. What is with all this hostility?

Yow bro just hope you know I'm not knocking you. :)

Northstar and Aurora in existence tell me that we have Snowbird, Guardian, Shaman, and Puck on the horizon... Maybe even Vindicator (Heather Hudson) if we're lucky.

Yeah I hope so as we'll.

I don't know. Figures of Storm with eyes (however visible they may be), tend to look ridiculous. Anyone remember the X-Men Evolution Storm figure? I rest my case.

That figure looks like a dude. It basically looks like a cartoonish Luke Cage with lipstick and a white wig.

Just gotta say after looking at these proto pics:

1. Those hips are really bad.

2. Magneto's knees....now i see where clam was coming from with his comments about Namor's knees. Those are disturbing.

3. Damn that Storm looks nice :D

4. This figure will be exclusive to hasbrotoyshop? Way to f*** over all us canadians and such since they only ship to the US.

I went ahead and voted for sunfire, big surprise there, haha.

I voted sunfire as well that way I can get both the new look & aoa look at the same time just about :)

I should have voted for Lilandra though who knows if we will ever see her anyplace else ... though something tells me if this vote is real we will see all on here soon enough... why would they go to all the work to make the protos and then not put out the figures sooner or latter?.. Though again this is TOYFARE we are talking about so who knows just how true any of this BS is & what we see here are all most likley some kinda fan made customs so they can have something to flash around...

well... I am sorry you feel that I should get out of collecting Marvel Legends.

I could say the same for you. If you are buying all these figures and thinking they are great, then maybe you are not a Marvel Legend fan at all. Maybe you are just a toy fan who will blindly buy anything that is called a toy, regardless of quality.

However, I am still interested in Marvel Legends and although I have only bought 4 Hasbro ML figures, I do still intend to keep collecting them (when they make good ones).

and that is just it, that is why I complain. I want them to make better figures that we can all enjoy, figures that will sell better and improve the life of Marvel Legends as a whole.

I know that Hasbro reads these boards, I know they read my posts. I also know that they have been doing a horrible job making Marvel Legends. I have to let them know this.

If I, and other people like me, stop complaining, then Hasbro will not realize that they need to improve their toys.

If all they read are posts that say their poor figures are "cool" or whatever, they will not fix the problems.