Toyfare/Hasbro poll

seymourglass213

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a really hard decision as I would gladly buy just about all the figures on the list, apart from the Yellow and Blue Gambit....I'm fine with the Xmen Boxset.

I went with Sunfire in the end, but I almost went with first Apperance Storm or Magneto....but they both have figures already so I don't mind waiting a bit for them. Getting Aurora without Northstar or visa versa seemed a bit pointless so I couldn't vote for either.

Just gotta say after looking at these proto pics:

1. Those hips are really bad.

2. Magneto's knees....now i see where clam was coming from with his comments about Namor's knees. Those are disturbing.

3. Damn that Storm looks nice :D

4. This figure will be exclusive to hasbrotoyshop? Way to f*** over all us canadians and such since they only ship to the US.

I went ahead and voted for sunfire, big surprise there, haha.

So hard to choose, I'm gonna have to think about it first...

You're right. It wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be.

Do any Star Wars fans know if Hasbro eventually releases the other figures on these Fan's Choice polls? I really want at least half of them to be released sooner or later.

I hope if/when they do Sunfire they make him out of translucent plastic....like why have seen Jin do. :)

My only comment: They seriously aren't going to put paint washes on these. However, I like Aurora, just to put her head on my Psylocke (finally something that matches that awesome body!!). Silver Samurai too, but he doesn't seem to look any buff in the photos. He looks scrawny compared to previous Legends Action figures!!

It sucks as it appears the articulation has been taken off on the hands and you can't pose them in a lot more ways than we used to. Case in point the Silver Samurai, How can you put him in a different fighting poses? The sword looks permanently glued on and the other hand looks fixed (can't make a fist or do an open palm or articulate the fingers). Magneto's hands are permanently frozen in that pose. Can't do any other hand gesturing for a guy that's suppposed to control magnetic fields. I don't like the knees at all on the others.

With Gambit, foreign customers won't get screwed out of a figure they'll actually want.

Not sure I understand what you mean by that....can you explain?

Wow some of them looked like crap! And that's ONLY because of NO double knee, elbow, hand and feet joints. I hope they dont release that Magneto cuz it looked horrible! We definalty need another Mags but until they implement those double joints they a ok. Plus i didnt like what they did with his belly. Gambit, Samari, Storm, and Sunfire looked ok or good, the others just need those double joints and they would look better. Also it be better if they added more tecture or detail to these, there a bit too cartoony still.

With Gambit, foreign customers won't get screwed out of a figure they'll actually want.

Hasbro's website only ships to the US. Anyone outside of the US can't order exclusives from them. Therefore, if a figure wins that is wanted, they can't get it without going through Ebay or some other more expensive route. All the other figures would almost undoubtedly get put into a regular non-exclusive ML series, thus allowing non-US collectors the ability to find them.

Hasbro's website only ships to the US. Anyone outside of the US can't order exclusives from them. Therefore, if a figure wins that is wanted, they can't get it without going through Ebay or some other more expensive route. All the other figures would almost undoubtedly get put into a regular non-exclusive ML series, thus allowing non-US collectors the ability to find them.

Ok I get ya now.....though I think you're gonna get screwed with this vote, the Gambit figure really isn't look that good, his details look rather weak so I don't see too many people voting for him. :(

On a side note, why does Gambit and Storm have such cartoony looking hair? I guess its right for Storm being a first Appearance figure, though I'd rather get her with just the first appearance suit and not the first appearance art style.

It sucks as it appears the articulation has been taken off on the hands and you can't pose them in a lot more ways than we used to.

I had the same initial complaint with HML, but then I realized that the hand-hinges aren't terribly useful. Generally, ToyBiz sculpted hands in a certain intended position, then gave it a hinge, so although you could move the fingers, it would just look kind of weird in any position other than what was intended (cases in point: any figure who's supposed to be making a fist). And it goes without saying that jointed hands can't hold weapons or accessories well at all (Series 3 Thor, Mojo series Zemo, etc.).

So if it's not really a useful joint, then I don't mind losing it. At least Hasbro has done a pretty good job so far of posing the hands. What bothers me more is that they seem to have dropped the swivel at the top of the thighs for some of the figures, so it's now just one solid ball-jointed piece (Aurora, Lilandra, Magneto). I hope that's only for the prototype shots, because we seem to be losing articulation with each wave.

As for the figures themselves, I like either Silver Samurai or Storm. The rest are either useless characters or unexciting sculpts. And Magneto's wearing a diaper.

I agree, and what's with this awful looking boots on the recent Legends characters? If you check out the recent offerings such as the coming Silver Surfer 6", Magneto, Silver Samurai. Their boots look so generic??? Like one size fits all. I mean if they aren't the Thing or the Hulk, they would use the same size feet and boots or whatever without putting any details or some hint of a crease for the heel? I think they are too lazy to sculpt the whole figure not just the torso and head? You know what I'm talking about. Again the Silver Samurai looks like he needs to break a sweat in the gym, his upper body looks like Bruce Banner's or Jar Jar whatever.

Some pretty boring choices, I am not really interested in any of them. It would have been nice to have more diverse choices instead of almost all X releated characters. Also, if they have prototypes, my guess is they will all eventually be released anyway.

It sucks as it appears the articulation has been taken off on the hands and you can't pose them in a lot more ways than we used to.

I had the same initial complaint with HML, but then I realized that the hand-hinges aren't terribly useful. Generally, ToyBiz sculpted hands in a certain intended position, then gave it a hinge, so although you could move the fingers, it would just look kind of weird in any position other than what was intended (cases in point: any figure who's supposed to be making a fist). And it goes without saying that jointed hands can't hold weapons or accessories well at all (Series 3 Thor, Mojo series Zemo, etc.).

So if it's not really a useful joint, then I don't mind losing it. At least Hasbro has done a pretty good job so far of posing the hands. What bothers me more is that they seem to have dropped the swivel at the top of the thighs for some of the figures, so it's now just one solid ball-jointed piece (Aurora, Lilandra, Magneto). I hope that's only for the prototype shots, because we seem to be losing articulation with each wave.

As for the figures themselves, I like either Silver Samurai or Storm. The rest are either useless characters or unexciting sculpts. And Magneto's wearing a diaper.

The diaper on Magneto is similar to the one Prince Namor is due to be sporting on this coming autumn's FF Wave. The only difference? Namor has the premium, green scaly waterproof edition!

These will all end up changing - and probably for the worse. Hasbro’s ML prototypes go through the largest change I’ve ever seen in figures, the final products don’t look a darn thing like the original pictures. I’ve learned my lesson, these won’t look as good as they do here - not even close. I voted Magneto from that standing point. I think Hasbro’s Aurora and Northstar products will end up like Quicksilver, plain and plasticy. First Appearance Storm and Lilandra are women, meaning their hips will most likely be awful in the end. Gambit is just pointless to begin with. Silver Samurai looks good…now…but how dull will that armor look when he’s released? Finally, Sunfire really shouldn’t be so…yellow. I mean come on, this guy should be translucent. Plus I’d so much rather have old school Sunfire from Giant Size X-men 1 instead. So I voted Magneto, one of the only good figures in the FF line was the remake of baddy Dr. Doom - so I went with Magneto hoping that his remake will hold up - even though it has awful joints or a lack there of...

Well they would not bother making prototypes for these if they did not intend to release them! Its just some giimick to make an exclusive figure through HTS and stick a sticker on the package. I bet the rest make it out eventually. I will have to think about who I want the most....... not sure.

Draven