Sacramento has sold out of GiJoes!

CLAM

I returned home from London on August 26th looking forward to go toyhunting in my normal haunts.

I was hoping to find the 25th GiJoe single packs the most, but I can't find them anywhere.

I am finding plenty of crappy Hasbro Marvel Legends that I aint buying, plenty of DC Superheroes, and seeing everything else I don't collect.

However, I have only seen 4 GiJoes, 4 total.

Out of 4 TRU stores, they had none.

Out of about 7-8 Target stores I checked, I found 1 Storm Shadow and 1 Snake Eyes, and the computers showed that none of the other Targets in town have them either.

I have checked 4-5 Walmarts for them, and they only have empty pegs.

Between the 5 KBs we have, only one had a Stormy and a Cobra Commander.

and thats it. I know these things are selling well because one of the TRUs I called receive 2 cases in, and before I got there th next day, they were all gone.

its really kinda annoying.

luckily, the 5 packs are a bit easier to find and I have been able to score them.

so how is it where you are?

I hardly ever see them.

I could speculate that the stuff is selling so well and so fast, that each time they restock them, they're all gone before I hit the aisles...each and EVERY time? That would be the glass is half FULL position, where it would seem to imply they're Hot Hot Hot. ^_^

OR...

They haven't really circulated all that much in my area, and what few cases WERE put out already, have in fact sold out, save for the usual Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow single packs, I keep seeing at Kmart and TRU. That would be the glass is half EMPTY more negative position, in that there weren't all that many put out so far.

I can confirm NEITHER scenario though, so it's all just speculation depending on whether I'm in the mood to be a nay-sayer or a Hasbro shill.

Is there anyway to ask a clerk if they keep tabs on G.I.Joe sales over the course of a week or two, a month maybe, specifically the 25th stuff, and get a REAL number on all this? Probably a better way to get an idea of actual SALES verse empty pegs = lots'a sales kinda theorizing? ;)

K-mart here has sold out because I'm the one who bought all the singles and a Cobra box set (I assume they had a Joe box set at one time, but I never saw it). They haven't restocked, unless they did it within the last week or so.

One Wal-mart here had one case, of which I bought 3 or 4 (can't remember) to fill out my collection for series 1. I haven't been back (that was a couple weeks ago) to see if they've restocked, but if not, I'd assume the remaining 4 or 5 have sold.

The other Wal-mart near me had at least 3 cases, possibly 4, on the pegs when I found them. A week or so later, when I was there I checked to see how they've sold, and all that was left were 5 Cobra Commanders, a Flint that had been torn open and taped shut, and a Snake Eyes missing Timber and probably some other things. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow aren't even warming pegs.

Barring restocks, I'd say my area has pretty much sold out.

Welcome back Clam! I'm in Chicago now, but i'll be visiting Sacramento at the end of September. They still got the 5dollar Toybiz MLs for cheap at that KB in Elk Grove? I was lucky enought to find singles at a Daly City Serramonte. Yes, the 5 packs are easy to find!

I noticed only the Super Walmarts carry the new Joes but they are always out (except a few 5 packs). TRU Haunts me as I always miss when they are put out by a few hours or so and that Hooded Cobra Commander is always there to haunt me. Every stinking time I go there after they restock that is the only lone fifure there, as if to mock me or something! All I want are a Few Snake Eyes figures for customs! Plus one Officer

I'm in San Jose, Bay Area & this weekend out of the 3 TRUs I went to only 1 had the 5 packs no singles, not even the space for the 25th w/ the new reset it was just stocked behind old stock sigma6s, 2 walmarts w/ only a few CCs left & out of 5 Targets, empty pegs except for 1 w/ 1 Flint & SE. Must be selling like HOT pancakes!

I noticed only the Super Walmarts carry the new Joes but they are always out (except a few 5 packs).

I don't think it has anything to do with if a Wal-Mart is "Super" or not, but more about where the Wal-Mart is. All but one of the Wal-Marts in my area are Super ones and NONE of them carry the line. Only one I've seen have pegs for them is the one in Jefferson City, the state capital, and of course they had no product. I think it's the Wal-Marts closer to big cities that have been getting them. These Wal-Marts just happen to almost always also be Super Wal-Marts.

well the only walmart ive found them at was in a city that is fairly small and its not even near a big city thats where i got all the singles at i think its the dep. manager that walmart allways has stuff when it is first relesed and thats the only one ive ever seen them at out of about 8

This has been a major annoyance for me too. I Live in lexington, ky and have checked 2 targets, 3 wal marts, and a tru. This is what I have found:

1 wal mart : has had five pack cases two different times. Always gone a day or two later. No singles

1 target : had snake eyes and stormy *1* time. No 5 packs.

Tru : one time I found FLint, and CC, another visit I found 1 five pack.

9 out of ten times I go anywhere they are completely gone.

I have also noticed that Movie transformers have been GONE for over a month!! ITs weird.. is hasbro just not shipping stuff?

Someone mentioned tru prices.. My tru only charged 4.99 for the single cards but 29.99 for the 5 packs. However Target here is charging a ridiculous 6.99 for the single cards!!! I hope they get that fixed!

Just to add to the paranoia, when I went to my local Wal-Mart and saw the one lowly CC hanging there, I asked a stocker to check the status to see when they would be getting new stuff in. He told me they had 8 of the singles coming in. Not sure if that meant 8 cases, or 8 figures in one case. He couldn't be more specific. Also, he said they had only 3 of the 5 packs coming in. Again, not sure if it meant case or individual. Then, he told me if I wanted to get any of them, I would have to check back at the store around midnight because 'collectors' came in and bought them all up as soon as they put new stock out on the floor, and nothing is usually left by morning. Well, I have a life, so I didn't continually go back every night at midnight to see what they've got, but when I do check during the days the pegs are empty.

well the only walmart ive found them at was in a city that is fairly small and its not even near a big city thats where i got all the singles at i think its the dep. manager that walmart allways has stuff when it is first relesed and thats the only one ive ever seen them at out of about 8

What was the population of the small city? Cause the Wal_Marts I go to have populations of 3,662, 2,779, 4,895, and 12,155 and none of them have it. Jeff City, the one I mentioned that did have space for them but no product, has a population of around 39,274. It's clear to me that population of the city is the factor since the one that did have them is almost 3 times the size of the ones that didn't. So it depends on what you consider a small city.

What was the population of the small city? Cause the Wal_Marts I go to have populations of 3,662, 2,779, 4,895, and 12,155 and none of them have it. Jeff City, the one I mentioned that did have space for them but no product, has a population of around 39,274. It's clear to me that population of the city is the factor since the one that did have them is almost 3 times the size of the ones that didn't. So it depends on what you consider a small city.

i would say about 10,500 there is a bigger city of about 35,000 i go to it had them at tru and target but not at walmart all the ones around here dont even have pegs for them except that one where i found them

Well at least they threw one in the mix that did carry them. I wouldn't be so miffed if at least one of the Wal-Marts in driving distance for me had them.

i know what you mean it took me awhile to find them it was really making me mad maybe wave two will be better those are the ones im looking forward to i keep thinking maybe alot of the walmarts are waiting to put them out untill they get more selection like waiting to combine wave 1 and 2 but thats just wishful thinking

Well at least they threw one in the mix that did carry them. I wouldn't be so miffed if at least one of the Wal-Marts in driving distance for me had them.

i know what you mean it took me awhile to find them it was really making me mad maybe wave two will be better those are the ones im looking forward to i keep thinking maybe alot of the walmarts are waiting to put them out untill they get more selection like waiting to combine wave 1 and 2 but thats just wishful thinking

Some have been saying that if your Wal-Mart doesn't carry them they won't till after the new year because the smaller Wal-Marts have dropped Joes till after X-mas because there wasn't room. Sounds fishy to me since right next to the Corp figures, where they would put the 25th Joes, there is a 4 foot "Flex" section that just has odds and ends on it and is only half full. And another of these Wal-Mart is actually carrying Toy Biz's new Legendary Heros line. So if they are carrying that then why not Joes? Anyway we should be able to get the tail end of Wave 3 and Wave 4 at least at any Wal-Mart out there.