TB figures that Hasbro NEED to make available again

pastwatch2001

]No Toy Biz figures should be reissued it could lower value of the original figures.

Who cares about the "value" of these things, isn't it just about having a hobby that you enjoy?

It's not about making money on them it's about maintaining their value. I paid $40 for a loose Juggernaut on Ebay (the average going rate) So why would I want this figure to be made available again dropping the price of the original? I'd welcome a new sculpt of the figure by Hasbro, which will probably happen anyways

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]No Toy Biz figures should be reissued it could lower value of the original figures.

Who cares about the "value" of these things, isn't it just about having a hobby that you enjoy?

It's not about making money on them it's about maintaining their value. I paid $40 for a loose Juggernaut on Ebay (the average going rate) So why would I want this figure to be made available again dropping the price of the original? I'd welcome a new sculpt of the figure by Hasbro, which will probably happen anyways

I'm sorry I don't see where you're coming from. I paid $500 for my 60gb PS3, now there is talk once all the 60gb PS3s are sold out the 80gb will drop to $500.....should I be mad at that? How I see it is whatever you paid for something is what it was worth to you, so why should you care if other people get it cheaper later on?

1.) ML6 Juggernaut

2.) ML6 Deadpool

3.) "Modern Armor" Iron Man

[/b]

None! If you want the old figures buy them on ebay like everyone else has to do!

This is ridiculous! You have no right to criticize what BlueNinja44 wants.

Sadly he has every right to do so how ever that does not change the fact that it makes what he said stupid as hell which also reflects badly on him :) @loll@

No Toy Biz figures should be reissued it could lower value of the original figures. If Hasbro releases any Toy Biz sculpts it will be in all silver paint app or the sculpt will be modified to look worse. Also having reissues will take away from plans for new sculpts of new figures resulting in less new figures. You can find every Marvel Legend figure Toy Biz has ever made for sale on Ebay right now. Here is one of my favorite sellers: http://search.ebay.ca/_Marvel-Legends_W0QQ...sZsweethawnmami

I'd be quite happy if it would lower the cost of the originals because then maybe I could buy one if the hasbro version did not work for me :) I was quite happy they put out silver surfer again despite the changes they made to him :) I don't collect for value & if you do you're in the wrong biz here :P

does it really devalue them that much? most of the online stores are selling the old marvel selects for the same fortune they have been despite the reissues of them. i think most of the people who would buy the reissue wouldn't have ever paid the full price for the original anyway. i think as long as we are talking MOC the value probably won't change much. did the reissue surfer bring down the value of the ML5 one (i haven't seen a toyfare in a few months)? besides they go up and down in value for all sorts of reasons (like recent movie or comic appearances) just like my comic books or any other collectible.

i'm ok with reissues as long as it doesn't slow down them creating new ones, and its different from the original (like a repaint or something) if its gonna be the exact same figure then i don't see the point. most legends aren't that expensive or hard to find (except those rare few...stealth iron man, toad, some of the variants, etc..) but if it means metallic finishes (like a modern iron man but metalic or a blue metallic stealth) or something that improves on the original and its a sought after figure i don't mind. there was that marvel heroes line that got cancelled which was basically a repaint line (wolvie, magneto, jim lee cyke and cap. i believe) so who knows if we'll ever see it anyway.

No Toy Biz figures should be reissued it could lower value of the original figures. If Hasbro releases any Toy Biz sculpts it will be in all silver paint app or the sculpt will be modified to look worse. Also having reissues will take away from plans for new sculpts of new figures resulting in less new figures. You can find every Marvel Legend figure Toy Biz has ever made for sale on Ebay right now. Here is one of my favorite sellers: http://search.ebay.ca/_Marvel-Legends_W0QQ...sZsweethawnmami

It's official...I've come across the stupidest collector ideology...ever.

Nah, that pretty much epitomizes the collector ideology (as differentiated from the hobbyist's ideology). If you collect them as valuable commodities, then obviously you'll object to a re-issue. I'm sure it'd be the same with re-issued old coins, stamps, etc.

However, JohnnyRebel should also realize that a re-issue would be different from the original. Even a re-issued Juggernaut would have a more recent date stamped on the foot (or however else they'd mark it), so he could still sell his on eBay as "LOOSE ORIGINAL-ISSUE JUGGERNAUT! RARE! LOOK! OMG!!!!" or whatever the hell. If someone's collecting it only because it's rare and valuable, then the original will still have value as the first and rarest.

I sympathize to a degree, but I don't think this forum is the right one for the "mint on card" collector's perspective.

Speaking of Mysterio (and venturing off-topic), did you see the new Spider-Man 5-inch Origins Mysterio? It's one of the most awful things I've ever seen.

Just as much as all you cheap fan boys out there hope Toy Biz's figures are re-released so you don't have to spend the money to get the originals I hope they are never ever re-released in order to preserve the integrity of the originals.

Integrity of the originals? What?

And seriously, Hasbro's already shown they'll probably do reissues with some different kind of paint job, so I doubt its going to hurt the monetary value of the original figures. It certainly won't hurt their value in my eyes, that's why I want them!

Just as much as all you cheap fan boys out there hope Toy Biz's figures are re-released so you don't have to spend the money to get the originals I hope they are never ever re-released in order to preserve the integrity of the originals.

So the bottom line is you don't want a figure like Juggernaut re-released so we all have to pay $40 like you for one, to keep you from feeling stupid about paying $40 for an action figure that sold for $7.99. You're right I am cheap and look forward to scoring some re-released figures that were HTF for $9.99 next year. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvgggg

im gonna break da rules and put more than 3.

mcfarlane spider-man

modern armor iron man

sinister six venom (with different elbow joint)

fearsome foes vulture, lizard and rhino

what is that five? sinister six black cat (with black widow legs, and different head)

pheonix

brown wolverine

deadpool

on the subject of bases, they should pack in the stand that came with snap shot spider-man. it's basically the same as the ML versions, but it uses a waist grip, so figures without holes in their back can use it as well.

as ive stated before, they should do a whole wave of re-releases. so they dont piss off old fans and make new fans happy, they should use a re-released BAF as well. i'd like sentinel!

1) Resculpted, more feminine green/gold Phoneix, red/gold Dark Phoenix, White Phoenix of the Crown with Dave Cockrum's Cape idea

2) Extreme Rogue; with green and yellow repaint

3) Chrome painted Storm with gold trim

Maybe they could release an all women boxset

Nah, that pretty much epitomizes the collector ideology (as differentiated from the hobbyist's ideology). If you collect them as valuable commodities, then obviously you'll object to a re-issue. I'm sure it'd be the same with re-issued old coins, stamps, etc.

However, JohnnyRebel should also realize that a re-issue would be different from the original. Even a re-issued Juggernaut would have a more recent date stamped on the foot (or however else they'd mark it), so he could still sell his on eBay as "LOOSE ORIGINAL-ISSUE JUGGERNAUT! RARE! LOOK! OMG!!!!" or whatever the hell. If someone's collecting it only because it's rare and valuable, then the original will still have value as the first and rarest.

I sympathize to a degree, but I don't think this forum is the right one for the "mint on card" collector's perspective.

Speaking of Mysterio (and venturing off-topic), did you see the new Spider-Man 5-inch Origins Mysterio? It's one of the most awful things I've ever seen.

You have a pretty good point there actually - I guess he has the fairly traditional collector mentality, money first. I’m just so used to people around here being collectors for the love of the characters and comics as opposed to being concerned with retaining the value. Perhaps we’re the more heartfelt collectors in the end cause ultimately it’s the personal value I have towards the piece that matters…not the money value. I could care less if ML6 Juggernaut is worth a fortune or worth zip…if I’m fond of it then that’s all that matters to me.

Hah! Mysterio never gets very good figures. Poor Fishbowl headed guy. Honestly, I think the best Mysterio yet has to be the new minimate coming out. The dome/bubble/fishbowl (whichever you want to call it) is hardly ever made correctly, but it looks very good on the minimate in my opinion.

Apocalypse

Juggernaught

Classic Ghost Rider

Goliath

If we're talking a straight re-pack, then definitely not Goliath. The ML Goliath was merely a re-pack of the earlier non-ML Avengers box set and was woefully underarticulated.

I think it'd be nice if they re-released FF Classics Dragon Man, because it was such a great figure that it's a shame so few people ever saw it.

You're kinda stepping on your own point. Granted Goliath did'nt have the most articulation, but most of the "Classics" lines were hampered by lame-@$ "power-action" features that got in the way of, if not totally ruined, their figures' articulation. That's why I didn't list them.

Besides, I want a lil' Ant Man.

I thought I was deftly tap-dancing around my point. Yes, some of the various Classic figures were rendered useless by action features (i.e., Spider-Man Classics Electro), but others were feature-free. The two I mentioned, Kang and Dragon-Man had no action figures and were completely poseable.

I also liked the tiny Ant-Man and Wasp, but at least you can find them on eBay occasionally--either sold on their own, or with Goliath. And there's no reason they couldn't be packed in with a new Goliath figure. Um, that is, if Hasbro actually did pack-ins anymore.

I reckon we need to give other figures a chance that has not made in figure form.

How many Wolverines, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk do we really need?

The Old Marvel Legends could stay put, but Hasbro could definitely rework on Spidey classics line and not reintroduce them as is on the Spiderman Origins. Hasbro should avoid the rocket launching action, make the eyes light but stick to basics.

For instance:

Mysterio - no more push button at the back but make a removable fish bowl so that you can twist the head. (this is a lot easier in an engineering perspective and less costly)

Scorpion - tail missile action.

Archangel - take out the rocket launching action

guess what .... we out number you @smilepunch@ @loll@

This is my theory:

Hasbro will release most of Marvel`s characters again, specially popular characters because that`s what sells outside the U.S. market, talking specifically what I see in Mexico.

Comic books in Mex aren`t distributed exactly es in the States. The new company that brings them is jusr realeasing "spectacular spider-man" "new avengers" "astonishing x-men" and ultimate universe comics. no x-calibur, iron fist, moon knight or other titles.

What we know about the characters its due to the cartoon series.

Hasbro understands this, but they have to ày atention to american customers as well, that`s why they release "not so popular" characters in the line up (nova, black bolt, hercules, tigra)

So far, for mexican market, I don`t know in other latin countries is managed, Hasbro, which covers just as much countries or more than Mattel, has given us , again,

Spider-man (origins),

Hulk (upcoming series with collector`s specific characters like WWHulk)

X-men (Cyclops, Beast)

F4 (Doom, F4, Silver Surfer)

DD

King Thor

Punisher

Cap. America

So, almost every important marvel character has been covered, but expect more re releases of already done TB legends.

guess what .... we out number you @smilepunch@ @loll@

that and the company itself stands to make nothing off of the collector markets so they could care less. from what i understand the molds themselves are a costly endevour, but

if they already have it rereleases are cost effective (hence the spidey origins line). as long as they are atleast painted different, and if the spidey origins line is any sign of that they probably will be, i;m cool with whatever, as long as it doesn't replace a new line and they don't try and put new build a figures with them (i would buy a repaint line with another sentinel, but thats the only BAF you can pluralize)

i would love to see a legends series done with the costumes from the secret war series out a few years back, that would have cap, cage, wolvie, daredevil, spidey, fury, and the black widow and could all be repaints of older toybiz figures. if they did something cool like that with them, i could be down with it. or face off sets (like superposable spider-man and sinsiter six venom, or the series 3 thor with the crown of lie loki)

the ML1 cap is worse than the face off version. and the fact its older, you should probably be able to get face off cap online cheaper.

re-releasing modern armor iron man next year would make the best sense due to movie