New Carded & Loose GI Joe 25th Anniversary Wave 2, 3 & Cobra Boxset Images

The Wire

- Firefly & Stalker's color schemes need to be darker

- Shipwreck's buttons still bother me

- Zartan: Color changing face, okay?

I think Beach Head is my fav of these waves.

As for Firefly, there seems to be two versions. One with light grey and aother darker grey comeo suit.

Anyone goin to army buiId the Red ninjas. I probably won't since the toy is clearly suppose to be that one argentina figure, which appeared in the DD comics. IMO, it would look odd to have an army of red ninjas with tiny horns. Guess Hasbro couldn't use his name even though they tried to spell it differently at SDCC.

Ok I havent said anything in awhile, but Hasbro are a bunch of royal screwups. Looking at Stalker Zartan and Shipwreck...heck all of them , Im really really really pissed.

Stalker: His 2nd face and colors... what the #$##? They couldn't even get his original colors right.

Shipwreck: What the hell is up with his closed fist and no rope/blade set, even though the rope/blade set is on the damn picture?

Cobra Soldier: Why don't we have the AK-47 yet?

Firefly: Different heads from what were shown before. Kinda of looks like the Range Vipers head sanded down. Look at the eyes....woooh.

Red Ninja: See Firefly and check his eyes to see the difference

Lady Jaye: No camera even though its on the picture and I believe its a different head.

Serpentor: Reversal of colors. The one on the picture rocks the casba!

Buzzer: No problems, just give me a Ripper and Torch. Actually give me his axe too.

Zartan: The most disappointing of all. His black shirt now looks brown. And well look at him. I would have loved to have him later down the line but give me classic Zartan for the 25th line.

Beachhead: Love him

I'm usually an advocate for Hasbro but this time they are just craping on us. This is the line were they are supposed to pull out all the stops and give us the best they can. If this is the best then no wonder we keep losing gijoe every year or so.

Good to see ya come out of lurking Zod!!

What can I say? I'll get them just to support the line. I won't be REALLY interested until Snow Job comes out. :)

What can I say Ive been terrible busy. Ive been bumped up to HelpDesk Manager and Co-Project Manager at work so my time is tight. Yes another con will be missed because of this. I actually had everything booked and canceled 2 weeks ago. I changed my set to the the Home Hero Package because of this too. I planned on surprising everyone and just showing up at the con ready to party. Sucks to be management....but then the money makes me feel better. Im going to go and wipe my tears with a fifty.

l think there is goin to be a variant Stalker since if I recall, there are two pictures of the guy on the 25th deck of cards set.

Isn't that tan looking one the variant one. Look at the difference between the heads....and well colors.

Seems the more we support the line (regardless of complaints) the less they think they have to put into it? @grumpy@

I'm liking Beach Head and Firefly and that's about it. Stalker is really a shame. They hid him from us at the convention, with the excuse they knew the color scheme was wrong, and now we have two obvious variations of him and it looks as though it's gone from bad to worse, depending on which came first, the crappy one or the REALLY crappy one? :rolleyes:

Drop the COMIC BOOK color schemes Hasbro...NOW! They look like crap on toys!

Well, I'm seemingly the minority on this - but I can't wait till they drop. I love both waves and the Cobra box set is neat too - aside from another CC/SS. As far as gear that came with the originals and missing, well doesn't really bother me. Its just more stuff I'll have to keep up with and store away, but I can still understand others' grievances.

It is odd how the Firefly is different shades in both pictures, as well as Zartan's black and then brown shirt in different pics, and also Stalker (although, sadly, I think the bright yellow one is the desert camo version we've heard about). Also, is it just me or does one Serpentor picture seem more golden and the other is just a bit more dull.

I'm hoping it is just lighting discrepancies between some of the pictures - I don't want more Black/White Timber type variants.

I too will support the line and the ones that I really like are the Red Ninja, BeachHead, Buzzer and Shipwrek. IMO, the others are cool but I wish that they would have done something more with Lady Jaye and Serpentor is cool (I am glad that we are getting one) but he does not look as evil as he does on the card artwork. I really want to ask HASBRO who did the face mold and what they were thinking, perhaps they did not want him looking too evil, but then why does the card art look that way. As for the cobra pilot/officer/trooper, pretty cool and they are starting to get some stuff right IMO and these again are minor issues. All in all I am happy with the line, but I have to say, I am not sure about the comic pack colors lol, neon all over again ;)

I will reseve judgement until I see these first hand at the convention and hopefully we will see other figures, like wave 2008 at the con since we have already seen leaked siloutes of perhaps the extra wave that they were planning for the end of the year. If the distibution is right it would be cool to see Wave 2 in Sept, Wave 3 in Oct and Wave 4? in Nov/Dec.

Well, I'm seemingly the minority on this - but I can't wait till they drop. I love both waves and the Cobra box set is neat too - aside from another CC/SS. As far as gear that came with the originals and missing, well doesn't really bother me. Its just more stuff I'll have to keep up with and store away, but I can still understand others' grievances.

It is odd how the Firefly is different shades in both pictures, as well as Zartan's black and then brown shirt in different pics, and also Stalker (although, sadly, I think the bright yellow one is the desert camo version we've heard about). Also, is it just me or does one Serpentor picture seem more golden and the other is just a bit more dull.

I'm hoping it is just lighting discrepancies between some of the pictures - I don't want more Black/White Timber type variants.

Oh Jesus neither do I. I cant believe Hasbro pulled the black Timber variant on us. Then they turn around and pack it like it the Willy Wonka's golden ticket. I understand the entire chase figure thing but geez give it a rest for this line. To me it just seemed like an excuse to pack an extra Snake Eyes into the box ratio. Even that didn't work. I bought a case and was excited then when I opened it and saw 3 regular Snake Eyes...well you can guess how I felt.

guys there doing 2 color sceams for stalker. so if you dont like this one grab the other one.

I'm seeing 2 variants right here though. Both look like crap to. Is there something, somewhere to read that indicates there will even be ANOTHER Stalker released with a better color scheme, or is this just an assumption?

I like the mold, but geeesh...lose the comic book crap colors.

Beachhead, Shipwreck, Firefly, Cobra Trooper, and Buzzer are definite buys in my book.

To a lesser extent I like Zartan, Serpentor, and Lady Jaye.

I've never cared for the Red Ninjas at all and will be passing on these and as for Stalker, his color scheme is horrible. I agree that Hasbro need to stop with the comic colors on the figures it makes them look like crap.

Over all I really like these two waves and I'm looking forward to getting them, especially that Beachhead.

wow...

they sure did #$## some of these up.

Stalker and Serpentor are... well, a disgrace.

Beachead and Firefly are kickass but they would look better in darker colors, as someone else pointed out.

I was ready to give all of my love to Buzzer but something happened. Look at the buttons on the lower half of the shirt. WTF? We know these figures aren't articulated on the waist... so why the #$## are his buttons NOT "centered"? I'll tell you why. Because Hasbro's thinking is: collectors will pose this figure holding his chainsaw and then, the buttons won't look aligned. So... let's un-center them! So what do we get? A figure that looks wrong when posed in a neutral stance. #$## that. #$## you very much, Hasbro.

I actually dig Zartan and Shipwreck a lot.

Red Ninja's what he's supposed to be. No more, no less.

The Cobra trooper's still a dissapointment because of his silver sigil.

They sure are going the "Star Wars" route with this line (you are always waiting for the "definitive" version of characters). This is both good and bad. But Hasbro should know that GIJOE isn't as popular as SW. They are playing with fire.

I'm seeing 2 variants right here though.

The second loose picture is the promo picture, all touched up and prettyfied, that we've been seeing. The first loose picture is the final product, what we're actually getting, so there still can be another Stalker down the line.

Whoever is painting the camo on these figs is a #$###. First, it was Storm Shadow V2's tetris camo. It shoulda been a darker gray. Something similar happened with Flint's pants.

Now it's only getting worse. Look at that Stalker for God's sake. That one's going to warm the pegs so, SO hard.

Give us some real camo, darn it.

this stalker thing is really annoying. if they want to fill up their waves reusing their molds, why don't they frankenstein together a stalker v3 instead of painting the same one over in a neon color that nobody wants? of course, this doesn't even apply to me anyway since i can't find the 25th ann figures anywhere.

I was pretty excited about the line and still am but the updates do seem odd on some of the figs from what others had said. My opinion always seems to change once I have them in hand though, so we'll see. I hope they'll go up on hasbrotoyshop.com soon. Distribution in northeast Iowa so far has been a let down for wave 1.

Whoever is painting the camo on these figs is a #$###. First, it was Storm Shadow V2's tetris camo. It shoulda been a darker gray. Something similar happened with Flint's pants.

"WEEEEeee!"

11pastelzo9.png